Clear All
  • SeptSeptSept
    • Aug 2010

thanks franz, i will buy some.

Comment

• Phantom
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
      A small question about julius sizing. does the arms get long the bigger size you choose? or does all the sizes have the same lenght?

if if does how many cm's are the differences?
      maybe a dumb question, but could someone answer it please? :)

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

of course it gets longer. since you didn't mention what item you're referring to (basics, jackets, leathers, etc.) it's kind of hard to help you out, so I would say point yourself to a Japanese webstore and figure it out yourself?
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Zenith
          • Jun 2009

Question about RO paris, do they offer international orders? I've sent an email but they never responded to it.

Comment

• franz
            • Mar 2011

CCP horse leather fabric codes

I re-post this since I did not get any answer to my previous post. Would reallly help!

Hi everyone

I know I've seen a list of fabric codes for CCP on fashionology. But there is no translation for leathers.

What I was looking is this: there seems to be quite a lot of codes referring to cordovan or horse.

It seems that:
            LUC = cordovan
            CUL = reverse cordovan
            but then what are CUBA, CUBS and CALB which also seem to refer to horse OR cordovan? Is this a matter of lined/unlined, scarred/unscarred? Which or these are horse, which are cordovan?

Thanks!
            Originally posted by Faust
            True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• eckblk
              • Mar 2010

I think the codes specifically refer to batches of leather.

For example:

HOIL and CORS were both Horse leather used for the Scarstich but they came from different batches of horse leather and had distinctive qualities.

Also JUICY and KALB are both calf and so forth......

*someone please correct me if I wrong.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

for footwear...

CUL-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), vegetable tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown, so it can be dyed only with dark colours.
                LUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUL-PTC.

CUBS-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), white tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather white, so it can be dyed with any colour.
                SBUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular, non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUBS-PTC.

Comment

• franz
                  • Mar 2011

@ ECKBLK & Acid, Bitter and Sad

Thanks!
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• Phantom
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                    of course it gets longer. since you didn't mention what item you're referring to (basics, jackets, leathers, etc.) it's kind of hard to help you out, so I would say point yourself to a Japanese webstore and figure it out yourself?
                    Im sorry! I meant their leathers. In my case the FW10 rider.

Comment

• gnow
                      • Jun 2010

LUC tussah silk cardigan

Stretched out my LUC tussah silk cardigan. Any advice on how on how o shrink it? Hot wash? Anyone with any experience?

Comment

• hysterichostile
                        • Dec 2009

Just bought a pair of Guidi backzips in 45 and i'm a 43, the length fits fine with the help of a insole, but the shoe opening could be a little too big.. I have no experience with backzips, but are backzips supposed to have so much gap at the back when i bend my legs?

I can fit in 2 fingers in the space at the back of the boots.. Is it normal for the backzips to have a gap like this?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                          • Mar 2007

That looks about right, though I've seen in Tokyo backzips with shafts that were deliberately produced narrower..for eg 988S (if I remember correctly).
                          On the soles of these boots, in addition to the stamped size, there's also the word "SMALL" stamped underneath it.

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

^It is unfortunately for you, but good for people with bigger calves as the Guidis are more forgiving than some CCP boots. I am with you that it can be bothering though, especially when you wear pants untucked.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by hysterichostile View Post
                              Is it normal for the backzips to have a gap like this?
                              ermm isn't it pretty obvious that these are not a regularly shaped boot? the shaft is slanted towards the back so it creases in the front, and it can leave the back hanging a bit due to this.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hysterichostile
                                • Dec 2009

^ Yup, i unds that the slanted shaft would leave the back hanging, but i thought such a big gap (2 fingers space) is quite a lot, so i'd like to know how others' backzips generally fit at the back.

Well i guess that's the disadvantage to having skinny ass calfs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎