Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phantom
    • Mar 2011

those backzips are really nice looking. Im a 43 myself in most footwear. You just koped them from someone here on sz didnt you? I think I need a 44 myself.

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

I'm selling my back zips because of that gap ... Looks pretty silly to me. Sigh. Everything else about them is absolutely beautiful though.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I don't think it looks bad though. if it bothers you, a cobbler could probably taper the shaft by taking in the zipper a bit?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• marsa
          • Feb 2011

^

hahahaha!

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

if you took in the zipper would it change the shape of the front of the boot? my brain says it's that way for a reason, break them in a bit then decide. leather is always better with wear.

Comment

• hysterichostile
              • Dec 2009

Nice reference lowrey

Wore the guidis out today, actually the gap does not really bother me that much, especially if my pants are tucked in at a higher point, and not all the way into the boots, forming wider stacks that makes the whole look smaller.

Well, as pointed out, the shaft slants backwards, so the gap and the back jutting out a little is kinda unavoidable, just gonna live with it and wear the shit outta em!

and i don't think it'd be a good idea at all to take in the zippers, at least in my humble opinion. It kinda changes the whole aesthetic of the shoe to me

Comment

• MyMindSpray
                • Mar 2008

Can anyone provide some details regarding Rick vegetable tanned leather jackets? Specifically the texture of the leather and overall quality/durabilty? Been eyeing the vegetable tanned lamb jacket this season and I'm curious how this will hold up for a winter weight leather. Thx in advance

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                  • Aug 2010

can anyone recommend some online shop with a good selection of designers jewels (rings especially) ?

Comment

• HWith
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by SeptSeptSept View Post
                    can anyone recommend some online shop with a good selection of designers jewels (rings especially) ?

Comment

• gnow
                      • Jun 2010

Last try before I send this to the dry cleaners. Anyone has any ideas/experience?

Originally posted by gnow View Post
                      Stretched out my LUC tussah silk cardigan. Any advice on how on how o shrink it? Hot wash? Anyone with any experience?

Comment

• BBSCCP
                        • Feb 2010

^ hand wash in cold to slightly warm water with a mild wool/fine fabrics detergent. you can add a bit of vinegar in the end (when rinsing) to strengthen the fabric. And let it dry on towels not hangers.

Comment

• obama
                          • Aug 2009

Hi, can anyone share some info on CDG different lines?

I am planning to buy a boiled blazer. But just found that it is of CDGH rather than CDGH+. Just found that the formed was designed by Junya Watanabe, rather than Rei Kawakubo, should I pull back? What was the key difference?

Thanks!!!

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                            • Aug 2010

CDG Homme is japan exclusive, designed by Watanabe.

I own a few pieces wich are really great. Seems like it's more about tailoring and formal stuff, correct me if i'm wrong.

some informations on every lines here.

Comment

• cmitso412
                              • Feb 2010

by having a cobbler add a rubber sole (usually vibram I believe). Similar to what is done to this pair of boots, but you get the idea.
                              http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...ht=ccp+derbies

Originally posted by noumenos
                              maybe already answered here but as many sneakers seems to be investment priced by now, how do you protect the outsole ?

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cmitso412 View Post
                                by having a cobbler add a rubber sole (usually vibram I believe). Similar to what is done to this pair of boots, but you get the idea.
                                http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...ht=ccp+derbies
                                when you get this done do not let him "touch up" the leather. i took a pair of boots to a cobbler and he returned the boot equivalent of a shiny old mans shoe to me. research the cobbler and read reviews and if you're in an sz friendly city ask around a bit. i had to have the same guy re-vibram the heel of a pair of buttero boots and he put on a brown heel when the rest of the boot is black. it was a small nitpicky thing but the details matter!

also my own question, i've never owned or handled anything from obscur but there are a few longsleeves i'd like to try. can anyone provide a bit of feedback on them from your experience?
                                Last edited by messenoire; 10-16-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎