• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faye
    • Apr 2009

174cm (5'8")
    Size 3.
    I'm muscular, so a true 48 despite my height.

Why?

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

Your Julius leather is very beautiful !

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

i was wearing my carpes for the first time today and went to school and such. noticed there was a weird bump in the heel. There is some sort of stiff structure shaping the toebox on the inside and also one for the heel cup. part of the right heel cup bulges and rubs against my heel and i was wondering what this was and how to fix it...

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
          i was wearing my carpes for the first time today and went to school and such. noticed there was a weird bump in the heel. There is some sort of stiff structure shaping the toebox on the inside and also one for the heel cup. part of the right heel cup bulges and rubs against my heel and i was wondering what this was and how to fix it...

It is the heel punisher............you dont fix it. it is to ensure you grow a callous and not be like Achilles.
          dont worry, your feet will get used to it
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

^lol who woulda thunk poell derbies are more comfy than cdiem boots haha

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

In the army they break in new boots by soaking them in water for thirty minutes to an hour then wearing them with thick wool socks as long as they comfortably can.

Just know that it does weaken the leather; that's the entire point. I've never had a pair of boots fail on me doing this, but there is the risk. It will also bleed out some dye and affect the finish of the boot.

Comment

• Pontifex
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                In the army they break in new boots by soaking them in water for thirty minutes to an hour then wearing them with thick wool socks as long as they comfortably can.

Just know that it does weaken the leather; that's the entire point. I've never had a pair of boots fail on me doing this, but there is the risk. It will also bleed out some dye and affect the finish of the boot.
                Acctually it works pretty good just wearing wet wool socks and walking around for a couple of hours. No point in soaking them imo
                oh, R'lyeh?

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                  • Aug 2010

is that a beanie or a hat ?

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pontifex View Post
                    Acctually it works pretty good just wearing wet wool socks and walking around for a couple of hours. No point in soaking them imo
                    Well, the soaking method is admittedly to get thick, full grain cow hide broken in immediately. Maybe it's too much for weak and effeminate civilian boots.

Doubling up on socks is a good idea too. I have a pair of old, old, old jump boots with exposed nails and no real insole to speak of and it's unwearable without layering thicker wool socks over thinner hose.

Comment

• crouka
                      • Jul 2007

I'd say it's best not to soak them if you are going to cherish them.
                      but just for the record they produced object-soaked boots for CdG.
                      and the designer was the man who plays on the beach with his boots worn.
                      there was a saltwatered bag from sartoria too.
                      he liked them treated that way.

Comment

• HWith
                        • May 2007

When does Luisa via Roma usually go on sale? And does anyone know if Dover Street Market in London has the Damir Doma derbies (not boots) in stock? I wrote them an e-mail but haven't received a reply.

Comment

• Umami
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                          When does Luisa via Roma usually go on sale? And does anyone know if Dover Street Market in London has the Damir Doma derbies (not boots) in stock? I wrote them an e-mail but haven't received a reply.
                          DSM doesn't have the DD derbies. Try Layers

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

They only have the boots. Looks like the DD Paris store, LvR and Atelier were the only one who picked up the derbies. Weird.

Originally posted by Umami View Post
                            DSM doesn't have the DD derbies. Try Layers

Comment

• Ochre
                              • Sep 2009

Anyone know where I can find images (preferably hi-res) of the Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons fw11/12 collection?

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                                • Jan 2007

Lost my keys last night. I've been using the same keychain since my first set of keys lord knows how many years ago, but I obviously need something new. What do you guys use for your keys?
                                Originally posted by jogu
                                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎