X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oasis
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
    Ok, so i decided to keep my Samurai coat since i still love it (although i dont wear it much), but i want to modify it to be able to wear knitwear under it in winter. Right now the velcro closure, which works very good btw, rips apart delicate knitwear so i cant layer properly with cashmere for example.

I thought about replacing the velcro with push buttons and also add a couple of those up to the collar.

OR

I could add a zipper like on the asymetric womens leathers...

I would love to hear what everyone thinks would be preferable!
    I think push buttons, as long as they don't leave akward openings when the jacket is worn are preferable.. Couldn't imagine the Rick Samuri with a zip..
    Originally posted by christianef
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

well i looked at a lot of the Womens leather jackets, which are also made of soft fabric and i thought:"the draping looks fabulous"...so i thought, it might look the same with the Samurai...
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Zenith
        • Jun 2009

Good to hear you're keeping the samurai addict. Looked good on you. As for zipper/buttons, I'd go with snaps, easy choice. A zipper would look excessive, and probably change how the whole thing fits.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Snap buttons might leave circular bumps on the fabric layered on top of them, and might even lead to eventual fading (isn't the samurai body cotton?). Like the pockets here.

I saw a coat on eBay that had the velcro replaced with buttons, and it looked very scrappy.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

yeah, thats one concern, also i dunno if snap buttons might not create bulbs in between too.

Since it is nothing else than a asymetric Rick (leather) jacket, i should just go with the zipper and recreate the "womens" leather system...I mean the zipper would be hidden if closed and open i have seen a lot of Rick jackets which looked cool with the zipper....not sure how far up the zipper should go though...

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

problem with hook closure and buttons is that you need a couple of them on different well thought places since the fit is so variable right now...
              I still have to figure out the right setting for the zipper though, especially in the collar area...

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Here's the one with the buttons
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

wow, those buttons look really really ugly....

Comment

• morsto
                    • Nov 2008

so now we have bastardized ccp fencing and dick samurai. fo' shame
                    I do not recognise the vessel,
                    but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

just went to the tailor...costs me 130bucks...will post pics when i got it back...fingers crossed that it works out...

Comment

• CHRIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2006

w're there some recent (HTML) changes to the site? this is how the site keeps appearing on my iPad. i'm sure layers loves it, but i sure as hell don't

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Weird..appears fine on my iphone...you'd think they'd have the same issue, wouldn't you?
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

thats strange.. must be some error in the browser cache etc. I would try clearing the cache and restarting the browser or entire device.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                              • Jan 2008

Yesterday, in thread view, the usernames were all screwed
                              up for me. I restarted my browser and cleared the cache,
                              as Lowrey suggest above, and it fixed it.

On a Apple Laptop/Safari.
                              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• tenorish
                                • Oct 2011

Wasn't sure if I should put this under Good Finds, but does anyone know if these DD knits are from the current season?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎