Thanks a lot guys,
    sorry for the paranoid question :).

best,
    d
    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• syed
      • Sep 2010

Was FW11 the only version of the drkshdw skirted sweatpants that used the thicker jersey or is it a seasonal thing? I'm thinking of getting them, but I'm worried the hem is too wide. The FW12 versions on the Parable preview look slimmer in the leg, so if they use the thicker jersey I'll wait for those.
      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

has anyone washed a LUC heavy silk cardigan/jacket? I mean this type, not the lighter weight one.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• KM80
          • Mar 2008

I've almost done it a few times but keep chickening out, I think I'm going to give mine a light handwash in cold water and see how it goes.

Kind of hoping it will shrink back a little smaller in the process. Lowrey do you find yours starting to fray much? I'm getting all kinds of loose threads on mine, mostly on the cuffs, but other places as well.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          has anyone washed a LUC heavy silk cardigan/jacket? I mean this type, not the lighter weight one.

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Silk can be handwashed like wool, meaning NO ABRASION. Just submerge it in soapy water for a little bit then rinse, repeating until the rinse water stays clear. then block it out like a wool piece and let it dry flat.

i soak silk scarves in water and wear them in the summer. next level air conditioning

i've heard stains on silk can get worse with water but i've never stained silk so...

Comment

• tenorish
              • Oct 2011

^ concerning stains on silk I have the following to report:

I recently almost mutilated a silk Lumen et Umbra cardigan thanks to a bottle of red wine in my bag breaking and spilling out. Fortunately the stains, albeit large and prominent, are in the most inconspicuous of places possible.

Nevertheless when I first discovered them I overestimated the extent of damage, possibly due to my panic, and proceeded to submerging the garment in a bucket of cold soapy water or a few hours followed by drying it by laying it out flat under sunlight. I was too scared to rinse it.

The result was mildly astounding considering a complete lack of knowledge on cleaning a silk garment on my part. The stains seemed to have diluted in concentration and seemed to have distributed slightly more evenly over a larger surface. It was also now that I realized that they wouldn't be really visible anyway if I was wearing the cardigan, since they were all on the inside. Whatever little stains there might have been on the outside seemed to have blended into the natural colour of the cardigan, giving it an almost indiscernibly more used/deconstructed look. On the downside, the silk texture seems to have gotten slightly coarser, again only very slightly - possibly due to the harsh direct sunlight while drying(?)

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Silk is something I'd always have professionally cleaned...not worth the hassle of doing it myself.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lost53
                  • Dec 2010

Would like to try to dye a few garments grey.
                  I have a few cotton pieces that are currently "dust" in colour, would this be possible?
                  I have had good results with Dylon in the past but just with solid colours and blacks....
                  Cheers

Comment

• Supel
                    • Apr 2011

The shoelace loop hole on my A1923's have broke due to the nature of the leather and the thin laces. What would be the best way of fixing this? It's only one loop hole and it's followed through. I may need to provide an image to display what I'm talking about?

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                      Would like to try to dye a few garments grey.
                      I have a few cotton pieces that are currently "dust" in colour, would this be possible?
                      I have had good results with Dylon in the past but just with solid colours and blacks....
                      Cheers
                      I have done this a couple of times with different levels of success. The starting colour makes it tricky. But I have found that using a quarter of a pack of dylon antique grey or velvet black (when starting with a non white base colour) has given the best results. But getting a good grey is just about the hardest colour to get.
                      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

i just dyed one of my light grey tee in the combo you mentioned D^ my percentage is AG/85 BLK/15.. looks like kinda very black green in result. the antique grey dye has a hint of green fyi.
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Supel View Post
                          The shoelace loop hole on my A1923's have broke due to the nature of the leather and the thin laces. What would be the best way of fixing this? It's only one loop hole and it's followed through. I may need to provide an image to display what I'm talking about?
                          a cobbler should be able to stitch it up
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

Ummm...
                            Was also thinking maybe throw denim blue into the mix to help bring out the grey. Maybe 50AG/25BLK/25BLU.
                            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

if the original colour is near beige, antique grey might make it greenish. its tricky.

Comment

• lost53
                                • Dec 2010

Thanks chaps, I thought this would be a tricky one!!

Indeed a perfect solid grey is hard even to print.

In the past the velvet black has given hints of blue, until I made a stronger solution. So I may swerve the Denim!

I am thinking I may need to neutralize the existing colour first...?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎