X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

Cures for squeaky insoles? they have an incorporated lift so i don't think I can totally replace them.

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
      I am thinking I may need to neutralize the existing colour first...?
      Dylon do a colour neutraliser that you pour bit by bit into the soap tray during a cycle, but I seriously seriously warn you in advance that it is the most toxically smelly stuff I have ever used. It is incredibly disgusting and stank the whole house out.
      Better just to give up and dye the tshirt black.
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I've used a product called Nitor to remove existing dye, worked ok and might help in getting a more accurate colour.

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
        Cures for squeaky insoles? they have an incorporated lift so i don't think I can totally replace them.
        place something underneath the existing insole, for example another really thin insole. it might help. otherwise, switching the entire insole should help, there are ones at least with a lifted arch.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          I have fixed this before but it required pulling up the insole and spraying WD-40 (lubricant) into the seams of each side and underneath. Apparently it originates in the insole/footbed rather than the sole itself most of the time.

I put the insole back in, walked around and it cured the annoying squeak. Apparently a lot of times it's a minute shift of the insole from your step that creates a tiny air pocket or a slide that creates it. I read it on a shoe forum somewhere but it worked for me. I was about ready to retire them it was so annoying.

here's a discussion:
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

Lowrey and D,

Cheers.. gonna don the rubber gloves!!

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

I'm looking for a tee made out of a coarser weave that drapes well and isn't sheer; basically a short sleeve knit is what you can imagine. Colors can be black white or anything in between.
              If luc weren't 50000 bucks a pop that's what id get. What fits the bill? Indisent tees seem too short and fit me a little wonkey and not drapey

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Hey fellas, I'm wondering if I can get a UK proxy for LN-CC? Would like to buy some Rick boots for my girl.

Thanks in advance!
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                  Thanks chaps, I thought this would be a tricky one!!

Indeed a perfect solid grey is hard even to print.

In the past the velvet black has given hints of blue, until I made a stronger solution. So I may swerve the Denim!

I am thinking I may need to neutralize the existing colour first...?
                  Use Dylon Pre-dye to remove existing colour, bringing the fabric to a neutral tone, and then dyeing the item proper.

Eton, were you using the Dylon Pre-dye? 'Cause there's no foul smell when i used it.

Comment

• mononon
                    • Sep 2009

cross posted in rick owens thread, but does anyone know what leather is this?

calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2009

fading of black color on cotton fabric

Hello, anyone can tell me how such a fading can happen on a cotton fabric? no wear at all, I just returned this jacket day after I recieved it and seller Pollyanna says that's how il looks now out of the box

for ref, its Rick Owen's Stenberg padded jacket from AW11/12: description says "waxed cotton"

Many thanks to whom can help me understand

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

I can't speak specifically to your jacket but I have some pieces with that kind of pinkish fading on black cotton that came from (I assume) fading from sunlight. I used to work at a retail store and we learned the hard way that during the summer we had to rotate the t-shirts in the window because they would get a bleach effect on the shoulders.

My second guess would be an inconsistent dye job. Black dye has a purplish/pinkish tint to it when it's diluted....but I don't know if there's any way to pin down what might have caused it.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2009

Thanks,

problem is Pollyanna says that's the result of me wearing the jacket (I kept it less than 24hrs) and refuses to refund...

does anyone know what means do I have to state my rights?

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                          I can't speak specifically to your jacket but I have some pieces with that kind of pinkish fading on black cotton that came from (I assume) fading from sunlight. I used to work at a retail store and we learned the hard way that during the summer we had to rotate the t-shirts in the window because they would get a bleach effect on the shoulders.

My second guess would be an inconsistent dye job. Black dye has a purplish/pinkish tint to it when it's diluted....but I don't know if there's any way to pin down what might have caused it.

Comment

• Laconic
                            • Apr 2009

This is a definite long shot, as I don't remember what I'm looking for exactly. A few months ago on Vimeo I watched a video from some Russian streetwear store that filmed this army of teens (all decked out in streetwear) spray painting some wall, fighting an opposing army of teens, and then base jumping out a window.

I don't know if anyone remembers/has seen this. Any insight (though I realize that is unlikely) would be appreciated.

Comment

• couturehomme
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by oncebornyoucanthide View Post
                              Thanks,

problem is Pollyanna says that's the result of me wearing the jacket (I kept it less than 24hrs) and refuses to refund...

does anyone know what means do I have to state my rights?
                              I don't know how credit card protections work, but if you've kept the jacket less than 24 hours, I'd file a dispute with my credit card company right away.

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2009

what really pisses me off is that Pollyanna staff keeps saying that jacket shows "creases", and that these are unquestionable signs of wear. The accuse is simply ridiculous: they sent me the jacket folded in a small box, and that’s how I shipped it back (stamps on shipping papers show I kept the jacket for less than 24hrs): even a child knows that if you fold a jacket - moreover if padded, hence more voluminous, not to mention the fact that fabric is waxed cotton - of course it will show creases. I recieved it with creases, they got it back with creases. This is how shipping clothes works. Plus, pics of the jacket on their website shows creases as well:

Also, if I kept the jacket those fadings would have occurred anyway and I would turn out in having a 1400+ jacket with an evident fabric defect, against which European laws protects me for 2 years.

I told so to Pollyanna, no answer whatsoever from them, they only keep sending me iphone low-res pics to justify their refusal to refund me.

I need to know the legal grounds on which I can obtain the refund: if anyone has any useful information, please help me. Thanks

Originally posted by couturehomme View Post
                                I don't know how credit card protections work, but if you've kept the jacket less than 24 hours, I'd file a dispute with my credit card company right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎