• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
    or chlorine?
    I definitely would not use chlorine or any kind of bleach unless you want to ruin and weaken the fibres
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SVRulez View Post
      I have a RO pilot jacket that is too big in the arms. The sleeves have wool inserts. Does anyone have any experience with having them taken in ?
      Would an ordinary tailor be able to do this or should I ask a leather craftsman ?
      I haven't made any adjustments to mine but based on the construction, it would be easy to bring it in by a decent tailor. I would avoid a leather shop just because you need someone who is crafted in seams and cuts more than material.

Find a good tailor, talk to them, ask them how they would go about it and find one who is comfortable taking it on but I imagine it would be a pretty easy procedure for someone who has any kind of real experience.
      Last edited by beardown; 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Anyone know the music on this NAT show? Thanks guys.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Wow.

It's Slayer. The first song is 'Raining Blood.' Good thing I grew up in a shitty, rural town drinking beers down by the river or I doubt I would have known that. Second song is 'Animosity' by Ministry. I know that one from drinking shitty draft beer at the college goth bar.

The last one is the Johnny Cash cover of NIN's 'Hurt.'

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

Thank you very much... I should have specified I was referring to the second song. Will definitely check out Ministry.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Just get a copy of 'In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up.' That pretty much has all of their good shit and in better, live versions.

Comment

• ACM
                • Jan 2011

Does anyone know the shape of this poncho when laid flat? Is it just a long rectangle or does it have something else going on as well?

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

doesn't Pollyanna have people registered on SZ? maybe one of them could come in here and explain why they're being assholes
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

the couple of more active members who worked there no longer do
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

alright ccp nerds i need some help;

whats the difference (leather, color, year?)
                      of these:

&

referring to the rubberband boots. Will the latter take the same shape as the former or are they actually different?

Comment

• zxc4030
                        • Aug 2009

Since I've never been to cobbler and tailor in Vancouver, I need help finding reputable cobbler and tailor shop here. I want to alter my jacket and pants (A whole size down) I purchased last year and I also need to add vibram sole to my Ann D boots.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• hysterichostile
                          • Dec 2009

Need help from the good people of sz again,

Just realize that the heels of my guidi has this tear.. Is this a common thing happening to alot of others? Both sides of my boots have the tear, on the inner side of the heels..

Is this fixable? Or are the days of my boots numbered :(

Thanks for any help! It'll be much appreciated!

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

I'm talking about both...

these are the official, supercrappy iphone pics pollyanna sent me to justify their refusal to accept the return.

I agree that part of the pink color can be the effect of shitty camera/light, whereas the abrasion can be due to simple scratching of the fabric, perhaps when packed in a small box

This said, Pollyanna can't say jacket is "ruined" and "not resellable" because I "have worn it" ... I told them if they think I used as a pijama, since I kept it for less than 24hrs

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                            hey. this is the jacket i discussed with dane in another thread i think, and which i've now bought a few days ago too.

do you mean that the 'fading' is the pink color seen in your photograph (which looks more like the effect of using a shitty camera), or are you talking about a grey/white-ish 'abrasion'-type fading (the 'scratching' to the left of the zipper in the first pic)? because if it is the second thing you mean, i've noticed that the same thing happens to mine - it is when the wax coating is distressed from movement or creasing, and it doesn't take much to do it. i think just trying it on for a while might cause it. but these lighter areas can be ironed (at a LOW temperature without steam) and then the wax sets again and the 'fading' goes away. ironing should also remove any wrinkles from the jacket...

me, i'm just gonna let the jacket get a worn look - don't have the energy to deal with ironing it all the time, and also i think it looks kinda nice with the fading...

but still, i agree about the shitty service you seem to be getting. guess they are desperate to offload their 70% sales stock.

edit: if this pic is of your specific jacket, and the problem is the large faded area covering almost all of the back, then i don't know what that is, but sunlight fading might be a good guess....

Comment

• sshum88
                              • Dec 2007

Same style - likely the same color codes and leather used but the flickr ones are brand new and the others have been worn. Believe that it is still possible to special order these.

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                              whats the difference (leather, color, year?)
                              of these:

&

referring to the rubberband boots. Will the latter take the same shape as the former or are they actually different?
                              Originally posted by eat me
                              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

This is a ridiculously basic question, but whatever...

If you were to purchase an un-belted trench/"raincoat" for dreary days, would you want it to have a tailored, blazer-esque fit, or would you want a bit of breathing room and the potential to throw an extra layer beneath it?
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎