Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magic1
    • Jan 2011

any advice on sizing werkstatt munchen rings?

not buying for a while...just interested in measuring

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
      • Aug 2010

fit rather big, none of my finger fit into a large..
      i have a medium, can measure it later on if you want.

Comment

• mike
        • Dec 2006

do womens resort collections go on sale before the regular s/s collection?

Comment

• Magic1
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SeptSeptSept View Post
          fit rather big, none of my finger fit into a large..
          i have a medium, can measure it later on if you want.
          that's basically all i needed to know. I knew I was either a small or a medium, but since you say they fit big, I'm definitely a small then. thank you.

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

which model guidi are these? Also what type of leather? Are they 791Z in Horse leather?

help would be appreciated!

Comment

• Colin.M
              • Mar 2012

Hi all, maybe someone here can help me out. I am looking for some outerwear specifically that does a lot of creasing with wear. I know linen creases a lot but Im looking for more winter weight kind of stuff. Anybody have any ideas? I looked at some Paul Harnden stuff, but cant tell if it so much creases from wear or is just all around wrinkly due to it's construction process.

Comment

• KingJulien
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Colin.M View Post
                Hi all, maybe someone here can help me out. I am looking for some outerwear specifically that does a lot of creasing with wear. I know linen creases a lot but Im looking for more winter weight kind of stuff. Anybody have any ideas? I looked at some Paul Harnden stuff, but cant tell if it so much creases from wear or is just all around wrinkly due to it's construction process.
                Waxed cotton will do this. Plenty of labels do insulated winter-weight coats with a waxed cotton outer.

Comment

• KingJulien
                  • Oct 2011

So, my own small question - I've pretty much figured out what kind of aesthetic I'm interested in, and it's probably most closely aligned with the glam/rockstar look of Slimane-era DH. I've been having trouble finding labels that do this well, though. Dior at five years out is near-impossible to find, and n(n) did what I'm looking for pretty well in several seasons but the label no longer exists. I've got a few items that I really love and work well with that type of look from Raf, Balenciaga, and a couple others, but largely I have trouble finding anything that appeals to me.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Comment

• Czx
                    • Feb 2011

I think the only way to find what you are really looking for is indeed looking for pieces from old Dior and N(N). The wind up here and there sometimes so in a reasonable time amount you should have enough to fullfill your look. I would look into Ann actually because some of her pieces have the potential to be incorporated into that look. Also look into Undercover (older stuff especially) because at times it's aesthetic was very close to this of N(N). Also - look into The Soloist which is designed by Takahiro Miyoshita, formerly in charge of N(N) and that vibe is still very present in his creations. Definitely do look for older Raf pieces aswell. I'm not a Balenciaga fan myself but it indeed carries some of the vibe that Hedi used to in his DH era.
                    Just off the top of my head, if I'll come up with something more I'll edit it into here.
                    néant
                    Last.FM paranoia
                    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                    0 > ∞

Comment

• Hiddenaway
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
                      So, my own small question - I've pretty much figured out what kind of aesthetic I'm interested in, and it's probably most closely aligned with the glam/rockstar look of Slimane-era DH. I've been having trouble finding labels that do this well, though. Dior at five years out is near-impossible to find, and n(n) did what I'm looking for pretty well in several seasons but the label no longer exists. I've got a few items that I really love and work well with that type of look from Raf, Balenciaga, and a couple others, but largely I have trouble finding anything that appeals to me.

Anybody have any suggestions?
                      Use sharpservice and Yahoo auctions to search for old N(N) collections. There's a ton on there and a lot of it is priced pretty reasonable. Finding older Dior is definitely a little bit harder and you will end paying a premium for all the old stuff. But still, going through eBay and yahoo auctions is still not a bad idea.

Comment

• KingJulien
                        • Oct 2011

Cool, yeah I was hoping I was missing something. I'll give Ann a little more attention, but she tends to be a little more victorian than I'd like. The problem with n(n) is that most of their stuff is made for an asian build, so it's a few inches too short on me.

Comment

• Czx
                          • Feb 2011

Yes. I ment her more in terms of basics, most of the jackets and pants are definitely out of question in terms or rocker-esque aesthetic.
                          néant
                          Last.FM paranoia
                          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                          0 > ∞

Comment

• Colin.M
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
                            Waxed cotton will do this. Plenty of labels do insulated winter-weight coats with a waxed cotton outer.
                            Waxed cotton sounds interesting. Thanks.

Comment

• #ruin
                              • Jul 2011

Hey guys.

I've wanted a stylish good quality pair of boots for a while, but I can never find anything in my size. Do any of you know any brands that make boots up to a size US14? It's frustrating because every brand seems to stop at US13, just one size too short! Perhaps there are also brands that do absolutely huge fitting US13's?

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

Thanks for moving it over. I did a few searches to try to help you out but hopefully someone will chime in who is in the same boat. I know Kunk wears a large size but probably more like 13 than 14 so maybe he can help out.

My knowledge is pretty limited to Guidi and Rick. The largest Guidi I've seen is a 47 but that would probably run more like a 45.5 or so which would be closer to a 12. Kunk definitely has a collection of Rick boots and sneakers so I'm assuming there is a 46 that would fit a 13.
                                Last edited by beardown; 03-14-2012, 05:35 PM.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎