• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
    Hey guys.

I've wanted a stylish good quality pair of boots for a while, but I can never find anything in my size. Do any of you know any brands that make boots up to a size US14? It's frustrating because every brand seems to stop at US13, just one size too short! Perhaps there are also brands that do absolutely huge fitting US13's?
    Ann size 45 = US 12 but runs one size big, so US 13. How about stretching them?
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• brad1981
      • Dec 2008

hi
      would like to ask a small question here, not sure if this is the right place to post. what kinds of leather are ccp currently using? bison/horse/calf, any more?will each model( leather, shoes) be constructed using different kinds of leather?

Comment

• Wiggles
        • Sep 2008

anyone know a good paris proxy to ship to nyc?

Comment

• #ruin
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
          Thanks for moving it over. I did a few searches to try to help you out but hopefully someone will chime in who is in the same boat. I know Kunk wears a large size but probably more like 13 than 14 so maybe he can help out.

My knowledge is pretty limited to Guidi and Rick. The largest Guidi I've seen is a 47 but that would probably run more like a 45.5 or so which would be closer to a 12. Kunk definitely has a collection of Rick boots and sneakers so I'm assuming there is a 46 that would fit a 13.
          I wouldn't be surprised as I've tried on some Rick Boots in the past and they did fit a little big (not big enough though). I'll drop him a PM and see what he has to say, thanks.

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
          Ann size 45 = US 12 but runs one size big, so US 13. How about stretching them?
          The last time I tried on a pair of Ann D they actually seemed to fit true! Would you know any models in particular that fit a size big?

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
            • Aug 2010

"dress" shoes/boots fit one size bigger than usual based on my experience. sneakers seems more true to size

Comment

• phiman
              • Dec 2011

CCP One-piece oxfords: should i get them vibramed or just leave them as they are? i'm a little scared to give them into the hands of some cobbler...

Comment

• BBSCCP
                • Feb 2010

^vibram

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by brad1981 View Post
                  hi
                  would like to ask a small question here, not sure if this is the right place to post. what kinds of leather are ccp currently using? bison/horse/calf, any more?will each model( leather, shoes) be constructed using different kinds of leather?

at the moment ccp's bestiary includes horse, kangaroo and bison (recent addition, since 2010 collection only). it used to include calf, deer, donkey, goat, pig and maybe some other that i can't remind me of. Oh, and yes, calf is still available, but as an exception, on reissues of older styles like fencing and overlock jackets.
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                    The last time I tried on a pair of Ann D they actually seemed to fit true! Would you know any models in particular that fit a size big?
                    Originally posted by SeptSeptSept View Post
                    "dress" shoes/boots fit one size bigger than usual based on my experience. sneakers seems more true to size
                    Exactly, although even when sizing down Ann's footwear (sneakers included) is quite wide.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• brad1981
                      • Dec 2008

thanks a lot for answering my question BSR, viewed some of your awesome outfits on fashionology, i'm building my ccp wardrobe at this momentany recommandations as "must have"?i will put them on my list
                      btw, which kind of leather is the best based on your experience since currently i only own one ccp leather jacket.

Comment

• copacetic
                        • Nov 2010

And "When the prince has gathered about him
                        "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

It's stupid expensive, but Balmain is one of the closest heirs to the luxury rocker look Dior was working in the later seasons.

If you can find it, Nicolas Andreas Taralis still turns out some pieces that are pretty close to old dior (especially jeans and tailored wear). Also some of what Plokhov is putting out has that sharp tailoring with an edge that I appreciated about Dior.

Mostly though, don't get too caught up on brands. Take apart the looks you like and see what makes them work and try to put something similar together with what you can find/afford.

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
                          So, my own small question - I've pretty much figured out what kind of aesthetic I'm interested in, and it's probably most closely aligned with the glam/rockstar look of Slimane-era DH. I've been having trouble finding labels that do this well, though. Dior at five years out is near-impossible to find, and n(n) did what I'm looking for pretty well in several seasons but the label no longer exists. I've got a few items that I really love and work well with that type of look from Raf, Balenciaga, and a couple others, but largely I have trouble finding anything that appeals to me.

Anybody have any suggestions?
                          music

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                            • Oct 2011

Looking for some cheaper backzips to round out my shoe collection. Picked up Ann Sidezips a few months back and really like those, but want something with a slightly rounder toebox. Budget is around 400-600. What are my best bets to search for on eBay, Y!JP?

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

i think marsell have some backzips that look like guidi knockoffs almost
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• aussy
                                • Jul 2011

Julius MA did a Guidi lookalike a few seasons ago. Flat rubber sole but similar construction from what I remember. There were a few listed around 300ish in different sizes on YJ for a while, no idea if they're still there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎