Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Can anybody point the way for some good laptop cases for the macbook pro (13")? I'm not a fan of 'soft cases' though, as I don't believe they provide adequate protection. Thanks guys.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
      • Oct 2011

aussy, the breaks: Thanks for the suggestions - Julius is a no-go due to my small feet, but I will keep a lookout for some of the Marsells and a good deal on Guidis.

kuugaia: Are you looking for a case just for transport or something to keep on it all the time, like one of those Speck hardshells?

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant the transport/travel cases to take laptop from A to B. Not the case that is attached and forever latched onto the laptop (hate those).

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

will come again in the right time..........
          Last edited by zamb; 03-16-2012, 02:21 PM.
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• aussy
            • Jul 2011

No problem! I think fiorenti+baker do a backzip as well, though no sure if it stacks in the same way that guidis do. No idea why Julius footwear is sized so large, Japanese typically have smaller feet, even a size 1 is too big for me...

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

i dont think it'd hurt to just go for augusta/guidi and pay your max price. put it in the wtb section and maybe you'll luck out. i've seen guidi backzips go for way less on this forum. good luck!
              there's also the less expensive brands like shoto & sartori gold that kind of rip off the more expensive brands.
              i think with this you just have to ask yourself "will i be happy getting something that looks like guidi or will i still want guidi?"

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                • Oct 2011

^ True enough, posted. Just quit my job to spend the next few months to getting MVP of my startup out, and trying to limit spending because of it. One last hurrah couldn't hurt much.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

wondering if anyone was intimately familiar with lost&found sizing; specifically converting womens to mens...

looking at these pants:

and i'm a 44/28

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

those remind me of these forme drop crotch pants
                    if the size conversion doesnt go over they'll always be a very good option!

Comment

• gnow
                      • Jun 2010

devoa/ccp suit

Need a suit for everyday purpose, and it does not have to be like an "executive boardroom" type of formal suit. I was consider a couple of options, and have narrowed it down to either some DH I could snag up from the bay, CCP, or Devoa.

IMO, the DH is pretty risk free, but I am leaning more towards CCP and Devoa because of its unique cut, and I would imagine the latter to be pretty comfortable (never tried on Devoa blazers before, and am purely assuming from the "yoga" video).

I know some users are able to wear these suits to work on a daily basis, and I'll like to know hear some feedback from them; if the suits drew some attention (bad ones?), too much stacking? Or do most companies simply practice more freedom when it comes down to what employees wear?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

although i can't give personal advice, I'm pretty sure most people are so poorly educated on "conventional" sartorial rules concerning suits that they probably couldn't tell the different; apart from pants breaking and lacks of pleats I doubt they'd be able to tell one shoulder from another, so to speak, especially since most suits tend to be cut too broad in the chest and shoulders

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

i can't speak with authority regarding ccp.

devoa is hellishly comfortable. i would suggest to get the straight pants if you go ahead with it as the slim are very slim, corkscrew and stack quite a lot. the shoulders are prominent too. being in singapore i'd also recommend one of the s/s fabrics. the cotton linen blend is particularly pleasant and breathes well.

nothing's going to beat trying it on and judging for yourself.

Comment

• nahneun
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gnow View Post
                            Need a suit for everyday purpose, and it does not have to be like an "executive boardroom" type of formal suit. I was consider a couple of options, and have narrowed it down to either some DH I could snag up from the bay, CCP, or Devoa.

IMO, the DH is pretty risk free, but I am leaning more towards CCP and Devoa because of its unique cut, and I would imagine the latter to be pretty comfortable (never tried on Devoa blazers before, and am purely assuming from the "yoga" video).

I know some users are able to wear these suits to work on a daily basis, and I'll like to know hear some feedback from them; if the suits drew some attention (bad ones?), too much stacking? Or do most companies simply practice more freedom when it comes down to what employees wear?
                            really depends on the field you work in dude

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

My two cents:

Of the labels mentioned, I only have a Dior suit but it always feels sharp, classic and can be casual or more formal depending on the styling. Pay close attention to details (pinstripes, lapel types) to not get something that feels too formal if it's for every day use.

I can't speak to Devoa or CCP personally as a full suit but I think the cut of Devoa would lend itself more to daily wear and be subtly unique enough to be interesting but not showy. I have a Devoa jacket that I love and if I had to dress up more, I would try to track down a full suit specifically because of the cuts and details.

Some members on here make CCP suits look amazingly natural (theaddict, et al) but CCP and I have never been able to come to terms on the mix between comfort and style.

Again, I'm shaped like ET, unfortunately. I just don't think you can go wrong with the right Dior suit but if I had my choice I would look into Devoa.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

I just came back from an interview marathon in Germany, 7 big law firms, 3 American, 2 English, 2 German. I was wearing the same CCP suit for every interview.
                                Just for reference i talked to 40 interviewers during the 5 days.

I have to admit at one law firm it seems that they have noticed the difference in not a good way. Got a rejection the day after stating that my personality would not fit to them. They would fear that i have a (too strong) own will and would not obey pressure from above. I would be more the Investmentbanker/Hedgefundmanage type and not the serious conservative coroporate lawyer...hahahahahaha...a very accurate description, they know how to do their job. And the good thing is, i felt the same about them when i got interviewed, that i would not match their personalities.

On the other hand, none of the other law firms cared about it or did even notice...as far as i can tell...

So yeah, it also depends on which employer you are looking at/how conservative they are...

Originally posted by gnow View Post

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎