X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by phiman View Post
    i don't think that it is possible to remove it without damaging it. i tried to do so for like half an hour, but in the end i just ripped it out..
    i just leave mine on so if i ever get tired of it and want to sell it i don't have any buyer deterrents. they're pretty annoying on the single layer tees though.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

I think a lot of people have issues with that tag and are just ripping/cutting them out. Kind of an unfortunate placement in most of the pieces.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Magic1
        • Jan 2011

Are samples from yohji or cdg typically of the same quality as the production line items? or does it vary greatly? And that can be a more general question for all designers' sample items, but I'm specifically interested in yohji and cdg.

And I'm sorry for this naive question, but what are the difference between "Y's for men Yohji Yamamoto" and "Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme"

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I don't about Comme, but Yohji samples are always top notch quality and I would assume that in cases they might be even better. I only have a few though - Chameleon or Wire definitely know.

Y's (-2009) was a less conceptual line, with a slimmer fit and usually more casual and basic pieces. The quality is usually as good as YYPH. The label of the latest collection is square and simply reads Y's (either black on black or white on black)
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• crouka
            • Jul 2007

the production tends to be finished more carefully, neat and clean. but there are things that are greater in samples. some details can often be changed for practicality etc when they go into production, which sometimes reduces the original brilliance.
            also the factory who makes samples is different from the one who makes pruduction pieces. which causes some difference in fit even if it's subtle.

Y's was the original name. then, when he started to show and sell his stuff overseas he had to make up another because in those days Y reminded some people outside of japan too much of YSL. that way, eventually, the difference in character became clearer. you can easily see the difference if you check the collections already released. it could be described in various ways like what michael said. but in a way Y's...more manufacturer friendly and YY...more manufacturer exhausting (almost harassment).
            at one time, the delivery of YYPH was extremely delayed because of the difficulty in production.

Comment

• Magic1
              • Jan 2011

oh wow, thanks for all the info. that helps a lot.

Comment

• asecretmaker
                • Apr 2011

how many days does it usually take for deutsche post dhl from germany to us?

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by asecretmaker View Post
                  Out of curiosity how much did you pay for shipping?last time I tried ordering from Germany I was quoted 60euro for shipping which is like 80+ usd...

Comment

• asecretmaker
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                    Out of curiosity how much did you pay for shipping?last time I tried ordering from Germany I was quoted 60euro for shipping which is like 80+ usd...
                    the shipping is free so i have no idea.

Comment

• SlightRight
                      • Mar 2011

Around 5 business days.

Comment

• #ruin
                        • Jul 2011

Hey guys, I was wondering if you would be able to tell me leather jackets you've come across that have had the longest sleeves you have seen? If it's a Rick one, then would you know if any particular model has even longer sleeves than he usually does? Would be nice if other brands were mentioned too though

Comment

• asecretmaker
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
                          Around 5 business days.
                          its not dhl express but called dectsche post dhl. i have been waiting 14 days.

Comment

• SlightRight
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                            Hey guys, I was wondering if you would be able to tell me leather jackets you've come across that have had the longest sleeves you have seen? If it's a Rick one, then would you know if any particular model has even longer sleeves than he usually does? Would be nice if other brands were mentioned too though
                            Definitely RO stooges from 09SS...
                            Much longer than many other leather jackets I've seen...

Comment

• SlightRight
                              • Mar 2011

its not dhl express but called dectsche post dhl. i have been waiting 14 days.
                              Ohhh, is it from Darklands?
                              Campbell uesd to tell me "don't worry, it will come."
                              My record is 26 days since placed the order though...

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
                                Ohhh, is it from Darklands?
                                Campbell uesd to tell me "don't worry, it will come."
                                My record is 26 days since placed the order though...
                                i've waited roughly the same with darklands and i paid i think 60-65 euro for shipping so i expected it a lot quicker than that. ive ordered from all over the world and i can understand that it is expensive to ship from their region but waiting nearly a month and paying 80-90$ for shipping is unacceptable

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎