X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Urthwhyte
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
    I believe those were linen, and his "jeans" are actually canvas, which is a nice touch but I'm definitely looking for denim.

Plus, I need something that cups my butt a little more :)
    Ah, right right. It's kind of funny how little selection there is given the relative popularity of jeans to every other type of pant. These Asos look alright

Comment

• phiman
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by shuit View Post
      ah- I completely overlook Bison leather!! But as I recalled some member here do mention that it is quite heavy as a footwear- is that true? I own a bison wallet and it is pretty weighty alright. I will try to find a retail to get my feet in an actual one.
      the bison leather shoes i own are definitely heavier than a comparable pair made out of (for example) horse leather.. but it's not like you're wearing cement shoes (Al Capone style)

Comment

• Rosenrot
        • Aug 2010

as far as I know most tailors are able to alter sleeve length from the shoulders, but if CCP's construction differs then it's best to consult your trusted tailor.
        Originally posted by Patroklus
        Better too adventurous than not enough
        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• mike
          • Dec 2006

there is no good way to shorten sleeves; you'll either end up with a misshapen shoulder (especially noticeable with padded shoulders) or missing buttons. not to mention you can ruin the proportion if you shorten too much. on yahoo auctions you can seen many examples of jackets with shortened sleeves and they always look off no matter how they are tailored.

but aren't ccp sleeves intentionally long?

Comment

• eleven crows
            • Mar 2011

it's a hard truth: sometimes you can love a designer with all your hear, yet know you can never pull or their clothes.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

shortening at the shoulder is probably a no-go on a ccp blazer given the construction, so the cuff might be the only option.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stereophobic
                • Aug 2009

mind me asking exactly how long is long here? up to the thumb knuckle long?
                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

If you have short/long arms or wide shoulders etc and desperately want a ccp item, you can custom order with your own specific requirements. I've ordered a sz46 overcoat with 2cm extra arm length and it was perfection
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• docus
                    • Dec 2010

Hmm, it's your blazer, but thumb knuckle length sounds just right to me.

Comment

• lazyguru
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                      If you have short/long arms or wide shoulders etc and desperately want a ccp item, you can custom order with your own specific requirements. I've ordered a sz46 overcoat with 2cm extra arm length and it was perfection

CCP ORDER CONFIRMATION

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Lol
                        Agreed. The wait can be a health risk.

Edit: I did say 'desperately want'
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• shuit
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          there are different weights of Bison, and its a great leather all round and not at all heavy for footwear

Kangaroo is good and indeed very strong, I dont think it would stretch beyond the normal amount, more like molding well to your feet.
                          Originally posted by phiman View Post
                          the bison leather shoes i own are definitely heavier than a comparable pair made out of (for example) horse leather.. but it's not like you're wearing cement shoes (Al Capone style)
                          thank you for both input. I will take note of all the ideas for future reference! Can't wait to try then on in real life.

Comment

• xzacx
                            • Jan 2012

This has probably been asked many times, but I can't seem to find an answer from my searches. If I wanted to get a pair of white pants dyed black, and didn't want to mess with it myself, what type of place might I find? I don't even know where to look - I'd assume it wouldn't be a tailor, but I'm not sure who it would be. Thanks!

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Usually a cobbler can dye garments...some of the ones in my area offer that service. Otherwise, unless you're in a larger city, you're better off to do it yourself. It's really not that hard, especially going from white to black. Make sure they are 100% cotton because if there is elastine in there or some other synthetic mix, you will get inconsistent results.

If you're dyeing something that is synthetic, make sure you have a dye for that.

If you're in a larger city, do a search for dye labs. I think they're a dying breed in the states because of EVP standards for chemicals, disposal, etc.

A child could dye a pair of pants though. It just takes a few hours and a little bit of patience. If you were talking about dyeing a leather jacket or a pair of shoes, boots, etc...I'd say find a pro. Cotton? Child's play.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• BBSLM
                                • Feb 2011

does anyone have any experience with http://www.antonioli.eu/ ?

i've emailed them twice, weeks ago, and still havent received a response. i want to make a purchase, but i'm unsure of the sizing (which they wont help me with) and if i need to make a return i'm afraid ill be ignored.
                                WTB
                                desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                                RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                                STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎