Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussy
    • Jul 2011

anyone have any good pics/examples of top heavy silhouettes?
    talking oversized jackets and sweaters with skinny pants
    particularly from Yohji

Comment

• Czx
      • Feb 2011

Try old Raf?
      néant
      Last.FM paranoia
      Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
      0 > ∞

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Ann does oversized coats very well, without looking extremely boxy like Yohji's. SS08-FW10 in particular.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Czx View Post
          Try old Raf?
          MM yeah, looking for something very similar to old Raf but replace oversized sweatshirts with unstructured blazers. That young energy is what I'm after and the shape is perfect but the pieces themselves are a bit 'casual' for me. I checked out a few of the Ann collections you suggested, MK, but they were too loose on the bottom.

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

Try rad hourani and his diffusion line. I really enjoy top heavy looks where the legs almost serve as nothing more than a lean pedestal for a more sculptural torso. With his focus, 1 trick, being dual purpose transformable garments there is some interesting top layering. He sent people down the runway with a sheer legging on both male and female models. He might be on the right track to what you're looking for.

Comment

• nahneun
              • Feb 2011

can anyone here comment on the quality of wooyoungmi?

Comment

• Dawn
                • Mar 2009

I got my first pair of Rick sneakers a while ago. I noticed that there are 'cracks' on the soles as shown below. Is this normal? Will they get any worse?

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

The only rubber trim I've seen cracking like that was from dry rot where the rubber had been exposed to sunlight or extreme heat. I've had several pairs of rick sneakers and I've never seen it before.

This might sound ridiculous but are you sure they're legit? I imagine the fake ones are made with more a plasticy silicone than a rubber material.

Also to consider if they were display models that set out in an environment where there were a lot of lights/heat.

As much as I support letting shoes break down naturally, I'd do what I can to stop that in its tracks. Maybe see if there are any tips over here that will help.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Dawn
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                    The only rubber trim I've seen cracking like that was from dry rot where the rubber had been exposed to sunlight or extreme heat. I've had several pairs of rick sneakers and I've never seen it before.

This might sound ridiculous but are you sure they're legit? I imagine the fake ones are made with more a plasticy silicone than a rubber material.

Also to consider if they were display models that set out in an environment where there were a lot of lights/heat.

As much as I support letting shoes break down naturally, I'd do what I can to stop that in its tracks. Maybe see if there are any tips over here that will help.
                    I got them from Zekka. They are the canvas SS09 ones. I haven't seen them being re-released before. It's weird because I just got these and I'm sure they aren't from last season. Perhaps no one wanted them and they were displayed out by the window and was exposed to sunlight...

I didn't get the box for them. I only received the tote. I also recently bought some shorts and cropped pants and they are definitely real. But now that you mentioned about the authenticity, I'm starting to worry...

edit: I think michael_kard had these sneakers for sale and then sold them to seenmy. Perhaps one of you can shed some light, or someone that owns/owned them?

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

I hardly believe a store like Zekka would be selling fakes

but if you just got them and they are unworn/ worn only a few times I would definitely contact the store and see if I could return/ exchange them. My issue with all of these things has always been and forever will be.......I want nice interesting stuff to wear, but i want quality along with the aesthetics too...........
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

I agree with Zam. I would only worry about authenticity if you bought them from Ebay or another forum. Always something to consider whenever quality is an issue but also only something to consider if they came from a suspicious source.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

would love to hear impressions on the ss12 bbs hoodie (just normal, centre zip) in terms of fabric feel, quality and fit sizing wise...

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
                            edit: I think michael_kard had these sneakers for sale and then sold them to seenmy. Perhaps one of you can shed some light, or someone that owns/owned them?
                            The rubber was fine on my pair, what's happening here (yellowing/cracking) is most definitely the result of sunlight exposure. Also, the white cotton lining will rip apart before you realize it
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Idolatory
                              I need a new bathing suit.

Any recommendations?

Birthday suit is always the best bathing suit..............
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• rawrimabear
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                Birthday suit is always the best bathing suit..............
                                Yes...I've found that if I don't shave/trim for long enough, my hair begins to act as a bathing suit, and the need for such trivial pieces of clothing disappears. Chicks dig the hair-speedo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎