Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

i thought i was the only one who feels inadequate... and i AM a native english speaker.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
      • Oct 2011

I'm convinced no one genuinely enjoys speaking on the phone.

Comment

• thejjbb
        • Apr 2008

Looking for some help from frequent ebayers.

I just won an auction, and a couple hours later, just before I sent payment, the seller ebay messages me with a lame excuse about how his girlfriend won't let him sell the item so he can't sell it to me. I called the ebay phone line and the representative said that they seller never even tried to cancel the auction (pre- or post- sale), and that the seller is in a legally binding agreement with ebay to sell me the item.

Not going to give up on getting it, so any advice from experienced buyers on how to proceed?

Comment

• wurm
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by thejjbb View Post

I just won an auction, and a couple hours later, just before I sent payment, the seller ebay messages me with a lame excuse about how his girlfriend won't let him sell the item so he can't sell it to me. I called the ebay phone line and the representative said that they seller never even tried to cancel the auction (pre- or post- sale), and that the seller is in a legally binding agreement with ebay to sell me the item.

Not going to give up on getting it, so any advice from experienced buyers on how to proceed?
          I mean, they can't physically force him to ship it obviously. I think the most they will do is give him a warning/suspension from selling and refund you. I'm guessing that the real thing preventing him from shipping it is that he did not get enough for it.

Comment

• danimal
            • Sep 2008

You can tell him you'll leave negative feedback if he doesn't sell it but hat's about all you can do. I'm sure he's just not happy with the selling price. Negative feedback would be deserved and no seller wants that.

It's also possible someone offered him a higher price after the auction ended. I've had that happen a few times and sometimes it's really tempting. Gotta honor the auction though.

Comment

• eleven crows
              • Mar 2011

a well known user on sufu pulled that stunt on me a while back. the auction ended below his asking price on the supermarket and he claimed he washed it and subsequently damaged it.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by thejjbb View Post

if u hadn't sent payment yet then i think the nice thing to do is let him keep it. it can be frustrating but sometimes these things just don't work out. agree to cancel the transaction and move on to the next thing. thats what i would do anyway. in this person to person internet shopping thing u win some u lose some.
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Ivans On High
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2008

Any advice on where to stay in Hong Kong, early July?

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post

at ink............
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

or sartorialoft XD they're only open by appointment after all,..

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

with the talk of how to wax and rewax denim has anyone tried out otterwax? it looks like it produces a good reliable result in most fabrics. a friend of mine who said they used heaps of it in school in montreal suggested it to me for future projects. relatively inexpensive as well!
                        otterwax
                        hopefully this can help out a few of you!

Comment

• bryantyj
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                          Well it really depends on what you wanna do. Excelsior is a beautiful hotel with a superb location which is right beside mediumrare and ink. Good food as well.

If you prefer something outside of town, try http://www.airbnb.com/
                          . I stayed in somewhere on the way to Sai Kung Last time which is 20min drive from Kowloon. The sea view was nice and peaceful and considering the amount of walking and shopping you are going to be doing ha, its nice to go back to some peace!

Comment

• comedyzen
                            • May 2009

BEST Cobbler in the world?

This might be the most idiotic thing I have ever considered, but I am thinking of converting some Guidi ankle boots into derbies. The leather is relatively thin, i my untrained eye folded the leather down and got it close to looking derbish.

Has anyone done this? Is there a cobbler out there that has done this?

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
                              This might be the most idiotic thing I have ever considered, but I am thinking of converting some Guidi ankle boots into derbies. The leather is relatively thin, i my untrained eye folded the leather down and got it close to looking derbish.

sell them and buy guidi derbys. dont cut them.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post

what about the zipper? I know making a zipper shorter is possible, but not as easy as it looks.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎