X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

I'm guessing they are probably lace-up boots. I cut down a pair of old combat boots once from calf height to ankle height and it worked out well. I used tin snips to cut the leather but they were $10 thrift boots. I wouldn't risk it with a nice pair of boots personally.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

didn't philip nod cut a pair of carpe diems ? that was pretty ballsy
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
        I'm guessing they are probably lace-up boots. I cut down a pair of old combat boots once from calf height to ankle height and it worked out well. I used tin snips to cut the leather but they were $10 thrift boots. I wouldn't risk it with a nice pair of boots personally.
        *duh*

Still...I'd be worried about the cut-edge getting wonky.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

If they are lace up boots the lower shaft/heel area probably won't be tight enough to keep your foot in place.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• KM80
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
            didn't philip nod cut a pair of carpe diems ? that was pretty ballsy
            I think it was a pair of those really tall Guidi lace ups?

Comment

• comedyzen
              • May 2009

I spoke to my local cobbler, and he says he can do it....now just feeling my ball sack and and checking the size because I do really like these, but was never too much of a fan of the ankle height. I wish I was in town for the Guidi clinic when it was in here because the rep would prob have the best insight on this. Here are the boot's I am considering hacking up:

Comment

• comedyzen
                • May 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                But from boot to derby is a different beast because the foot support system is different now. I am wondering if the "wheelbase" of the ankle boots are the same as the derbies.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

I see what you're saying. I have both an ankle boot and a derby and the main difference seems to be in the width and the heel height. I think it's the shape of the derby that makes it a little bit wider and something about the instep that is subtly different. Both versions are the low heel but the derby is lower by about .25 cm. Very subtle.

I'd say that if a cobbler says it can be done, then you might as well give it a shot if the ankle boots don't get much wear.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                    • Jan 2008

I think you should not cut them down, and proceed to sell those to me if they're a sz. 43-43.5.
                    I am not who you think I am

Comment

• CUTUP
                      • Sep 2009

Is Guidi cheaper in Italy?

I am going to Rome in mid October, and I am hoping to leave with a Guidi bag.

I know of a few online stores based in Italy, but wondering if anyone can suggest some storefronts, and whether the prices would be cheaper

I could always take a long bus ride and check out the Olmar and Mirta factory
                      Originally posted by marco-von
                      this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I don't think they have many retailers in Rome, not that many in the whole country actually. Maybe it's the same thing as with CCP; they don't fit the Italian market that well even though they are based there.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Supel
                          • Apr 2011

Does anyone know if there is a large difference in price with LUC and M.A+ in Japan in comparison to Europe?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

generally, all goods are more expensive outside their production area, in this case outside the EU, so both labels are pricier in japan. Its of course the other way around for japanese labels in europe or the US.

I would say that in the current season, japanese prices for LUC seem to be roughly 15-25% more than for example in Italy.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Supel
                              • Apr 2011

Definitely makes sense. Although It will be hard to distinguish the difference as being from Melbourne and heading to JP soon, pricing for Guidi is sky rocket in JP to how it is here. Thanks for the info anyway L.

Comment

• Dawn
                                • Mar 2009

I need help ID-ing this sleeveless hooded knit at 00:31

LUC maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎