• Show
Clear All
  • Johngd
    • Feb 2009

I think it's raw silk

Comment

• curiouscharles
      • Jan 2008

avout - that is indeed silk, just in its woven/raw form; a fantastic fabric with a highly satisfying weight, & greatly desirable draping qualities - great jacket.

-

Comment

• avout
        • Nov 2011

Thanks Johngd and curiosucharles!

Comment

• shuit
          • Apr 2012

okay sz, I need your help! where can I get a shoelaces replacement for my ccp derbies? mine is still usable but I rather have a backup.. where can I contact CCP directly if I were to special order them?

Comment

• drizzly
            Banned
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by shuit View Post
            okay sz, I need your help! where can I get a shoelaces replacement for my ccp derbies? mine is still usable but I rather have a backup.. where can I contact CCP directly if I were to special order them?
            i'd email darklands berlin or atelier ny, one of them may know

Comment

• ^^or motel salieri.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                • Jan 2007

Has anyone seen a better deal on the RO down-filled leather MA-1 than £1650 at dsm?
                Originally posted by jogu
                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Dawn
                  • Mar 2009

I'm about to purchase this DRKSHDW blistered leather cap from Layers. Before I do, I'd like to see if I can get it for a little cheaper. I slept on it when Antonioli and LVR had it. The only other place that I could find is luxefashion, which I haven't heard of being talked about before (someone share their experience?). Does anyone know of any other stockists, besides the RO stores?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I believe he was talking about the heel of the shoe where the layers of leather are not properly attached.

As for the heel of your foot moving up and down, on some derby models the back of the shoe is soft and cut straight instead of a "cup" shape that would keep you heel in place. so if they are at all roomy, your foot might move in them. One solution is to add some sort of padding to the back, a cobbler could probably reinforce it, or there are also stick-on pads which might do the trick though I don't know how long lasting these are. you could size down as well but it might fit tight in the toes?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Reveries
                      • Feb 2011

Just picked up some RO silk/cashmere/nylon trousers and the waist fits fine but the thigh area is quite tight. Just wondering will this composition stretch out after a few wears?

Comment

• whtnnk986
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
                        I'm about to purchase this DRKSHDW blistered leather cap from Layers. Before I do, I'd like to see if I can get it for a little cheaper. I slept on it when Antonioli and LVR had it. The only other place that I could find is luxefashion, which I haven't heard of being talked about before (someone share their experience?). Does anyone know of any other stockists, besides the RO stores?
                        I think the one shown in the luxefashion link is the polyurethane coated cotton version. The Corner has this same version as well.

I am in the same situation as you are, I've missed the ones from LVR and Antonioli. Is there a link for the one from Layers? I cannot find this particular item from their website. Thank you.
                        Last edited by whtnnk986; 07-31-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• volta
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Dawn
                          I need some reassurance so could someone please confirm this? I've already sized down on my derbies and it fits perfectly everywhere except in the back where I'm able to stick a finger with the insoles on - causing the shoe to move up and down when I walk. I think If I was to size down once more, it would fit me perfectly without the insoles, but will obviously be too tight with them on. Am I crazy for wanting to size down?
                          size down.

Comment

• mattizzle
                            • Oct 2011

Are the measurements on idheart.net accurate?
                            Looking at the Julius Fw12 denims atm and size 1 have waist
                            80cm (31.5").. Size two with 84cm (33")
                            Seems a bit big for size 1?

Comment

• blowdown
                              • Feb 2011

generally i think they meant hips, heck who wears denim on their waist anyway, 31.5 hips works out to be around 29.5 waist
                              , which is just about a small size for most sizing.

im eu46 and im able to fit a julius sz 1 snug so i guess you shouldnt have any problems

Comment

• mattizzle
                                • Oct 2011

Do they normally stretch?
                                I am a waist 31 and hip is about 32-33.
                                So I should be a size 2 or safer to go size 1 since they stretch?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎