X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by HWith View Post
    Ahh yes, so maybe it's the sole that makes the difference, I hadn't noticed that. I wonder if I can take them to a cobbler and have some extra sole added, as I quite like the spiral zips...
    You totally can, I've done it as well with a pair of Boots Not only will you get the old school look but the sole will most likely last much longer than Rick's shitty foam.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
      You totally can, I've done it as well with a pair of Boots Not only will you get the old school look but the sole will most likely last much longer than Rick's shitty foam.
      Do you know if they somehow removed some of the original sole - the part with the combat sole pattern or whatever it's called - and then just glued some extra sole on?

Comment

• Voidoid
        • Feb 2012

I want to buy LUC cardigan(silk). I have never had their stuff.
        Seller in the description said that he wore it a couple of times, but at the back of it, there hole , I asked him about it, he replied:
        "That` sa characteristic of Label Under Construction.
        I have more fashion from LUC and each shirt or knitwear have a hole
        at the backside.
        "
        So it is normal that he said and I dont need to worry about holes? Or I can ask to lower the price?

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

The hole is normal, it's where the tags are attached.

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

Do you know if they somehow removed some of the original sole - the part with the combat sole pattern or whatever it's called - and then just glued some extra sole on?
            My cobbler would most likely grind off the sawtooth (or whatever it's called) part of the sole, and then glue a layer of dense foam to give the extra height, and then glue a basic vibram. Had it been a leather sole the result wouldn't look great, but since they're very similar materials (Rick's sole and the foam-like material he usually employs to add height) I expect the end result would look more than decent. Furthermore, since everything is glued, it can be easily removed if you don't like the end result. I'm sure your local cobbler can do something similar.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

^

Sounds good, but I'll probably have to wait until I'm abroad to have it done, cobblers in Denmark are ridiculously expensive - about $50 just to add a regular vibram sole, so all that work would probably end up in $250 or something...

Comment

• jskidder1
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                The new soles are actually really durable, at least in comparison to the older ones that were thicker and hard.. They are softer and MUCH lighter, so walking in them is way more comfortable as well.

Comment

• grapz
                  • Sep 2008

Has anyone tried shortening the waist circumference of a CCP breadstick trouser? Are there any problems with the garment afterwards? Is it an easy job for the tailor to perform or should I seek out a expert tailor?

Comment

• Joker
                    • Oct 2011

You should go for work with expert tailor as well. And those are not made of chain-seam, so suppose can alter it. But thinks about the inner can't to be reserve.

Comment

• Denpatou
                      • Jan 2010

anyone have any experience shortening pants with a ribbed hem? i've got some sweatpants that are just a couple of inches too long and the stacking at the bottom doesn't look too flattering.
                      SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Denpatou View Post
                        anyone have any experience shortening pants with a ribbed hem? i've got some sweatpants that are just a couple of inches too long and the stacking at the bottom doesn't look too flattering.
                        A tailor should be able to remove the cuff and reattach.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• brad1981
                          • Dec 2008

could someone tell me the composition of ccp material WFACE?
                          many thx.went through ccp thread but still confused. is it similar
                          with SURFACE? or which one is heavier and is better for winter?
                          also, is the material CO2 still available?

Comment

• Lanfeustbuc
                            • Sep 2010

Has anyone ever handled a calf stooges from ss10? I am considering buying one but need to make sure the leather is substantial enough.

Comment

• Skye X
                              • Oct 2010

^

Sounds good, but I'll probably have to wait until I'm abroad to have it done, cobblers in Denmark are ridiculously expensive - about $50 just to add a regular vibram sole, so all that work would probably end up in $250 or something...

That's actually pretty cheap, if the $50 includes the soles themselves. The cheapest I've been able to find it for is $60. My combats are badly in need, so I've been shopping around. The move hasn't helped – LA is chock-full of all kinds of businesses, so it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

is it just me or has luisa via roma jacked up their rick prices significantly recently???

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎