X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drew
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ashamed View Post
    I asked this in multiple forums on sufu but got no reply. Im starting a project and was looking around for some real indigo but i cant get a lead anywhere, the only companies that are stocked here jsut sell navy blue and call it "denim" but no indigo or natural indigo. If anyone has some information it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Icarium
      • Oct 2010

Think about learning some basic sewing for fixing small rips (Just ripped my shirt near a button hole very sad) and reattaching/reinforcing buttons.

Seems like a practical skill. Does anyone have any solid needle/thread recommendations? I'm willing to spend a bit more for something durable, practical and functional.

In particular durable thread that's easy to work with is important to me :)

Please recommend other items that might be good to pick up and perhaps places to purchase these things :)

Much appreciated!

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

For thread go for something that with a polyester blend, like a 50/50 cotton/poly, it will be much durable than a full cotton thread. As for needles it looks like all same to me and as long as it can go through the fabric will be fine.
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

agreed. get a thread picker and good scissors while at it, and you are good to go for small repairs.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Icarium
            • Oct 2010

Perfect :) Exactly what I was looking for. lowrey, would you be able to recommend a good pair of scissors/brand? Or what traits/features should I look for?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I prefer all metal ones that are meant for fabric etc (probably available at some sewing equipment stores etc), they tend to cut fabric and thread much better than regular household scissors.

they usually look like this:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• wurm
                • Nov 2010

To anyone who was looking for a TFS invite, sorry but they seem to have limited me and I can't invite anyone else. If someone else that does have this privilege wants to help other users out that would be nice, but unfortunately I can no longer do so.

Comment

• gaborb
                  • Jul 2009

What's the name of this style? It's from F/W 09

Comment

• #ruin
                    • Jul 2011

is it true that you can't shrink deerskin? i have a pair of collateral concepts deerskin gloves that are a tiny bit big and i was thinking of attempting to soak them in hot water to shrink them. the interior is sueded if that counts for anything.

thoughts?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

^ just a few thoughts

1. leather has a "smooth" side and a nap side. albert probably used full grain leather which means that the polished smooth side is the inside of the hide, and the rough side it the finished outside, rid of all the hairs and stuff

2. deerskin tends to mold; like other leathers I bet it shrinks, but i imagine it to be a tad more delicate for that reason

Comment

• #ruin
                        • Jul 2011

by delicate do you mean i could ruin it by attempting to shrink it?

Comment

• sshum88
                          • Dec 2007

Best to contact the maker of those gloves via PM (chinorlz) and see what he thinks. He may be crazy busy with his rounds so you might have to wait for a response.

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                          is it true that you can't shrink deerskin? i have a pair of collateral concepts deerskin gloves that are a tiny bit big and i was thinking of attempting to soak them in hot water to shrink them. the interior is sueded if that counts for anything.

thoughts?
                          Originally posted by eat me
                          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

No idea. That's why I didn't say explicitly. That's all I know

Comment

• CDG Diffusion Line
                              • Dec 2008

Tall (6ft+) people, any recommendations on slim trousers that don't stack awkwardly at the knee?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎