• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by wurm View Post
    As others have said, he's surely at a very dangerous weight and clothing really shouldn't be a priority.
    This comment is totally inappropriate and none of your fucking business.

MajesticMap - if none of these suggestions work, custom clothing is more accessible than you think. Find something you/he likes and a tailor could make it for you. If anyone has a hard time finding clothes that fit their body shape, this is the best route...why compromise when you can have the garment fit perfectly?
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MajesticMap View Post
      I'm not here to argue, i get it youre know it alls. im just looking for brands who make decently made clothing for bigger men. And not necessarily of the SZ approved variety, although the yohji reccomendations are spot on. Thanks for the tips regardless of some of the unwanted, way off base opinions.

No further discussion needed (unless you're giving me direct advice about specific clothing brands)
      You won't be well served here, largely because the forum population here isn't familiar with the issues your boyfriend faces, and the brands discussed here won't work for him or make clothes to fit him. As I said above, nothing discussed here, outside of Yohji will be made in sizes large enough, and even Yohji will be very difficult to find.

Depending on your tastes, you will probably be better served by asking at Ask Andy or Styleforum. Ask Andy will only be a good resource for traditional "dressy" clothes, whereas styleforum will be more varied.

Custom is a very good option. You have to do some homework, but there are good, affordable options readily available.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I'd rather go naked than take advice from ask andy.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          I'd rather go naked than take advice from ask andy.
          Depends on your tastes. If you're buying a traditional, bespoke or otherwise custom suit, it's a valuable resource. If you're buying a traditional shirt, again a valuable resource. Otherwise, it's a bunch of crotchety old men shouting at empty chairs (or clouds, take your pick).
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

what an odd place to choose to ask a question like this

as far as advice.. i don't really have any, i've never seen anything that goes up to the "5XL" range in anything decent
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• wurm
              • Nov 2010

In retrospect it came across harsher than I had intended. I also realize she said she wasn't looking for that kind of advice and probably should have refrained, but I was hardly the only one that said anything. I'm not sure why you chose my post over others that (at least in my opinion) were phrased in a much coarser way.

I'd say that the tone of your comment is no more warranted than the point it rebukes. Even if it did seem blunt, it's pretty clear that my intentions were not malevolent. My mother is a dietitian and I've lost close friends and family due to diet/weight issues. It's a bit troubling to hear that people are in a state that is likely harming them.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

thats a shitty attitude to take. if you notice someone at your workplace/school/whatever who shows signs of being suicidal you ignore it because its "none of your fucking business"?

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by wurm View Post
                  In retrospect it came across harsher than I had intended. I also realize she said she wasn't looking for that kind of advice and probably should have refrained, but I was hardly the only one that said anything. I'm not sure why you chose my post over others that (at least in my opinion) were phrased in a much coarser way.

I'd say that the tone of your comment is no more warranted than the point it rebukes. Even if it did seem blunt, it's pretty clear that my intentions were not malevolent. My mother is a dietitian and I've lost close friends and family due to diet/weight issues. It's a bit troubling to hear that people are in a state that is likely harming them.
                  Other people's health is not your concern, and was not part of the conversation. You know exactly why your comment was inappropriate, so there's no point in me explaining it to you.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                    thats a shitty attitude to take. if you notice someone at your workplace/school whatever who shows signs of being suicidal you ignore it because its "none of your fucking business"?
                    What the fuck are you talking about?? You have no idea who this person is or their state of health...what a stupid comparison. Don't embarrass yourself.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2011

Other people's health is not your concern,
                      if only everybody was like you

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

can we cut this crap?

unless I missed something, none of you know, or have even seen the person in question. Jumping to a conclusion or giving health advice based on some random t-shirt size is ridicilous.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Garley
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2012

NCB Jacket Long Sleeves

Just picked up an Nicolo Ceschi Berrini blazer, but the sleeves are about 4" longer than a regular jacket would fit me. Is this an intentional element of NCB or is this something I ought to have tailored?

Comment

• wurm
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Garley View Post
                            Just picked up an Nicolo Ceschi Berrini blazer, but the sleeves are about 4" longer than a regular jacket would fit me. Is this an intentional element of NCB or is this something I ought to have tailored?
                            I have a really nice NCB shirt with sleeves that are probably 3-4" too long and flare out. It's definitely intentional. Unfortunately it's too small for me now

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

Awesome if you happen to have really long arms (like me) :)

Garvey, a tailor can shorten the sleeves to a degree but 4 inches is too much. Plus I think all NCB jackets have working cuffs so he'd have to do it in the shoulder making it much harder.

What I'm trying to say here is if it's a size 50 sell it to me for a ridiculous discount.
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

make sure you go to a tailor who works with suits regularly...adjusting jackets at the shoulder can be tricky. or sell ^ ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎