X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

i don't know if you'd even be able to take a sleeve in four inches at the shoulder without altering the way it wears in the bicep pretty drastically.

embrace the length

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

maybe 2 at the shoulder & 2 at the cuff...but that would cost a lot.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Garley
        Banned
        • Aug 2012

I've got a really amazing tailor. I'll probably ask her about it when I go by to pick some stuff up.

I thought it might look like I just have a poor-fitting jacket if the sleeves are that long, but a friend looked at pictures of it and said, "considering how well-fitting your entire outfit is, anyone would just think that's stylistic and not a matter of poor fit." Does that sound right or totally wacky?

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Not untrue. You're the one wearing it though.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

It depends on what you prefer of course, I like sleeves to be a bit longer than the traditional length, which I believe is somewhere around your wrist bone. I have jackets that are between the wrist and the joint of my thumb, imo anything longer than that will start to look sloppy.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• samlasamla
              • Sep 2011

Depends on the occasion as well. I like to have the sleeves on all my work suits tailored to slightly short of wrist level so I can show 1/4" to 1/2" of shirt cuff. On the other hand, I like the sleeves on suits I have for going out and other general non-work stuff to extend past my wrist and cover shirt cuffs entirely.

Comment

• stephlinn
                • May 2012

This may not be the right place to ask this, but what the hell
                I am writing a research paper on Rei and Yohji, and I have been scouring the internet for some articles/reviews on their debut shows in paris, and I have yet to find anything. Would anyone know where I could find these?

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by stephlinn View Post
                  This may not be the right place to ask this, but what the hell
                  I am writing a research paper on Rei and Yohji, and I have been scouring the internet for some articles/reviews on their debut shows in paris, and I have yet to find anything. Would anyone know where I could find these?
                  have you checked out wim wenders film about yohji? it's called notebooks on cities and clothes and talks of yohjis first few shows. also i'd reccommend getting yohji's book my dear bomb. it's around 20-30$ and a wonderful genuine look into yohji's head written by the man himself. that also goes over the first few shows a bit. someone on this board does have some info (i remember a lookbook) on cdg pre-paris showing as well.

Comment

• stephlinn
                    • May 2012

Yeah I just looked at the wim wenders video online. Is there any footage that is translated, because I would really love to understand what Yohji is saying. And thanks for the book suggestion, I will definitely try and get a copy.

Comment

• #ruin
                      • Jul 2011

I recently acquired two 0.3mm holes in my silk/rayon rick tee (never bothered to buy a delicate tee before, first one), will it be ok to just leave them or is it reccommended that i patch them up asap? I was thinking perhaps if I end up getting quite a few more holes in the tee over time, then i could eventually have them all patched up with contrasting black material for added effect.

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                        I recently acquired two 0.3mm holes in my silk/rayon rick tee (never bothered to buy a delicate tee before, first one), will it be ok to just leave them or is it reccommended that i patch them up asap? I was thinking perhaps if I end up getting quite a few more holes in the tee over time, then i could eventually have them all patched up with contrasting black material for added effect.
                        rick tees fall apart with wear and it's part of the design aesthetic...

Comment

• jskidder1
                          • Jan 2011

The silk viscose are usually tough as nails. I have some that I have worn literally hundreds of times, slept in, worn to the gym, etc and have never gotten anything close to a hole. The cotton ones disintegrate pretty quickly, but usually not the blends. Either way, its not something to be surprised by or concerned about.

Comment

• #ruin
                            • Jul 2011

i wont need to worry about the holes expanding or getting too big? i've heard that some types of silk don't fray even with holes, i'd like to hear if this is true when it comes to the silk rick uses on his tees though. have any of you guys had holes in this kind of fabric that didn't get too big over time? like i said i plan to get them patched up with contrasting black material if a few more holes appear as i think it'd make a nice effect, but i don't want huge gaping tears in the tee or anything.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

my fav tank is full of holes, looks like cottage cheese. i like it, ventilated for california summers. most people seem to like it too, they compliment it all the time.

i like it when my clothes get holes in them, kind of a relief that i don't have to worry so much about ruining them anymore. i only repair holes that would reveal my junk or threaten to tear the garment (like near seams)

holes are punk rock. don't you want to be punk rock??

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

You mean Swiss cheese?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡