• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

i think it's FW2006
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

Anyone have any recommendations of Japanese glasses frame makers who specifically make nice stuff in acetate? Also block solid in horn, bone, wood is acceptable...
      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• #ruin
        • Jul 2011

dita?

Comment

• Pleue
          • Sep 2011

Thinking about dyeing this KKA cardigan to black. It's 50% Cotton 50% rayon, so my question is how rayon reacts to dye? Does it take colour same way as cotton does?
          moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

rayon is semi-synthetic, but I think it should abrosb dye reasonably well. you might want to use a generous amount to be sure.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Pleue
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              rayon is semi-synthetic, but I think it should abrosb dye reasonably well. you might want to use a generous amount to be sure.
              Okay, will do that. Thank you !

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Pleue View Post
                Thinking about dyeing this KKA cardigan to black. It's 50% Cotton 50% rayon, so my question is how rayon reacts to dye? Does it take colour same way as cotton does?
                rayon will take well with the cotton dye,
                with dyeing black always use more dye than specified
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
                  Anyone have any recommendations of Japanese glasses frame makers who specifically make nice stuff in acetate? Also block solid in horn, bone, wood is acceptable...
                  taihachiro-kinsei, hakusan?

or dita, as twistedSADISTIC mentioned.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
                    Also consider: Spivvy, Salt, Masanuga, Hakusan, Taihachiro-kinsei, dita, this shop in NYC lists a few japanese frame makers I don't know. http://www.facial-index.com/en/main.html

Out of Japan, consider Reiz and Derome Brenner.

For Horn, check out: Hartmann Brilliance for ~∞ dollars in Vienna, Fine Arts Optical in SF (they use a french contractor), and check out Rigards (not custom though). Some places carry Hackett horn, which is semi-tolerable, but more expensive than other candidates and shittier.

For wood, consider M.A.D.E. Also, there's a german maker of some wonderful wood frames, but I can't remember their name, and the only stockist I know of is a glasses shop 2 doors down from the Ann D store in Antwerp, Belgium.

I don't know of anyone making bone glasses. Now I kind of want find some...
                    Last edited by theetruscan; 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM. Reason: Incorporated others' suggestions
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

^ all good suggestions I own 2 salt; add masunaga sp? To the list as well. There's also a good company from Barcelona making nice acetate frames although a bit colorful

Comment

• Supel
                        • Apr 2011

Rayon is dyed the same way cotton is dyed simply because it is a reprocessed cellulose fibre (meaning natural, like cotton). Every fabric compound requires a different dyeing method / type. For 50% cotton and 50% rayon, a "reactive dye" would be preferred at about 50-60ºC dyeing temperature. This type of dye requires salt to activate the dye onto the fabric. Do your research before dyeing.

Using too much dye is no good as this could migrate onto other fabrics when washing or even when in contact / rubbed onto other fabrics. Liquor ratio is crucial. Hope this helps

Originally posted by Pleue View Post
                        Last edited by Supel; 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

re: too much dye - if you rinse and wash it properly after dyeing, it should not bleed. of course if you shtick in 10x the reccomended amount it might take more rinsing to get it out.

and I wouldn't go much past 40C on a delicate knit like that. if you use something like Dylon it should be enough.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Supel
                            • Apr 2011

Temperature shouldn't affect the dimensional stability / crystallinity of the fibre or skeletal structure. A cold reactive dyeing is often 50-60º due to the reactive chemical groups.

Anyway, does Luca himself or any of the stores do special orders for LUC?

Cheers.

Comment

• Pleue
                              • Sep 2011

The instruction tag on the knit says it should be washed at 30C, so I don't think I'll be dyeing it in over 40C water.. And what it comes to the amount of dye, I thought about using 2 packs of Dylon dye. I think that'll be enough. If not, I'll just dye it again..

Thank you lowrey, zamb and Supel for help!

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Supel View Post
                                Temperature shouldn't affect the dimensional stability / crystallinity of the fibre or skeletal structure. A cold reactive dyeing is often 50-60º due to the reactive chemical groups.
                                well regardless of fancy terminology, the aforementioned dyes work fine in 40C, so I don't see any reason in using a higher temperature to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎