Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wizad
    • Jan 2011

You might end up ripping lining at pits too depending on what you mean by "crazy" tight. I've owned 3 scubas, know the feeling..

edit: if she's too tight, my advice is don't keep you won't get the fit you probably want from stretch..

Comment

• Castor
      • Nov 2009

Thanks guys. I was feeling the leather and it really feels like it will stretch to fit. If the lining rips, so be it, but I am pretty careful with my stuff, so I'm hoping not. I wish the sizing of Rick's jackets was a little more consistent.
      Originally posted by DRRRK
      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
        • Jun 2011

What season and size did you get and what's your normal size? I'm thinking to get a scuba and don't want the same problem. I had a mainline non leather one last year and sized up one as I read they fit very small and it was way to big :/
        -v_o_t
        sale items

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
          What season and size did you get and what's your normal size? I'm thinking to get a scuba and don't want the same problem. I had a mainline non leather one last year and sized up one as I read they fit very small and it was way to big :/
          My post was pretty specific. A/W '12 and it's the tightest Rick 48 I own. But, I fear a 50 wouldn't look good and would also be too long. I should have tried it on before I bought, but hey that's interweb discount shopping for you. There's always another diet.
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• shiliquan
            Banned
            • Nov 2011

A question, RO sneakers sz41 = CCP dipped trainers sz6 or sz7?

Comment

• Slangking
              • Nov 2010

My LUC tussah cardigan has stretched out a bit. Would dry cleaning it shrink it back or is there any other way of shrinking it back?

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Slangking View Post
                My LUC tussah cardigan has stretched out a bit. Would dry cleaning it shrink it back or is there any other way of shrinking it back?
                If it's a L and it stretched to an XL, you're completely out of luck, and you should just sell it to me.

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• nahneun
                  • Feb 2011

I personally found that cold water washes lead to some shrinkage for my knits and jeans, but they will stretch back out with wear

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

"knits and jeans"?

thats pretty vague advice considering the question was specifically regarding the wild silk used in the cardigan..
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nahneun
                      • Feb 2011

The agitation from a wash will naturally tighten the fibers that have stretched out from wear. What makes you think silk acts that differently from other natural fibers?

Comment

• drew
                        • Jul 2012

Silk is an animal fibre, your jeans would have been cotton and your knits might also have been plant fibre.

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

water + silk is bad times homie, gotta be careful 2 do it rite
                          when wet silk loses what elasticity is does have, becomes brittle and prone to stretching
                          i don't know that it will even shrink from water, but if you go that route, basically treat it like a really fine cashmere piece; let it soak w/ no agitation and let it dry flat blocked out to the original shape. also, you'll prob loose sheen. best to dry clean or steam clean imo.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by nahneun View Post
                            The agitation from a wash will naturally tighten the fibers that have stretched out from wear. What makes you think silk acts that differently from other natural fibers?
                            you can't compare any two fibres just because they are "natural". just like you can't wash cotton and wool in the same manner. I would definitely recommend reading a bit about materials and care, especially before giving any advice.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Slangking
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks for the advice from everyone. Sounds like my only option is to dry clean it and hope that works.

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
                              If it's a L and it stretched to an XL, you're completely out of luck, and you should just sell it to me.

Sorry, no plans on selling as I waited a long time to get my hands on one. First saw one in Atelier NY when they were on Crosby St and fell in love with it. I love the different shades in the colour. Being a novice, is that just down to how the dye takes to the silk or is there something more to it than that?

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

some type of silks are hand washable (cold water, mild detergant), so in theory its possible, but its difficult to say how this particular type of knit would react. I'd definitely be curious to know how it works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎