Clear All
  • miserableman
    • Dec 2009

11: 'the size indicated on the product's label is 41 (European Size). '

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Yoox often misconverts, but I'm not familiar with women's sizing. Either way, why can't a woman wear an 11?
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

an American size 11 in women does translate to about a European size 41. I wear size 40/41 and if I ever wear a women shoe......(not that i do) I would have to go at least a 10-11
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Urthwhyte
          • Oct 2011

Yes. If you're a 42 or 41.5 you can fit the 41s I'm sure. Ann's shoes are very generous and run much wider than most women's pieces do.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kuat
            listen, stop agonizing yourself and asking wasteful questions

if you like the sneakers and they can fit you buy them regardless of whether they are listed as men or women..........

if the shoe fits and you like it, just wear it
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

I never say anything negative in here, but Kuat's posts are all retarded.

Comment

• qazwsx
                • Feb 2012

Kuat aside,

can anyone please tell me about how to dye a cotton garment or recommend any place that does it well in Vancouver? I don't wanna ruin a great piece from poell.
                "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

you should be able to dye it with machine wash dye or hand wash dye, such as dylon. If you want a dead black result, use plenty of dye and salt, and let it soak. It doesn't hurt if you use 2x the reccomended amount, just make sure you rinse it afterwards several times to get rid of the excess colour.

I'm pretty sure the tape should be fine with a 40C wash which is what these dyes require.

When changing colours with dye, you have to take stitching into consideration as if its synthetic, it will not change colour like the fabric and you will end up with contrasting stitching. However since the garment is very dark to begin with (at least based on the pictures), I doubt it'll be very noticeable, or the stitching could even be black already.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Jan 2011

Argh, tore the leather on my obscur jacket. Can anyone recommend a good product to repair it?

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 888 View Post
                      Argh, tore the leather on my obscur jacket. Can anyone recommend a good product to repair it?
                      Something I would leave to a professional.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• qazwsx
                        • Feb 2012

Thanks alot lowrey. Really appreciate your help.
                        "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Karura
                          • Feb 2012

I am 5'10 155lb, and wear size 38 (US). I recently tried on a size 52 (IT) Rick Owens Bullet (Scuba) and it felt right in the shoulders and sleeves, but it was slightly scrunched in body and slightly in the back. In fact, it is very similar to the model's fit in this page.

Is this a bad fit? I know Rick Owens is supposed to look fitted and not scrunched up, but the shoulders feel right. I would be upsizing twice, to 52 from 48 (IT), and this does not feel like a right purchase. Any advice would be great for this first time Rick buyer!

Thanks

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Looks about right to me. His stuff is sized down one to begin with, and adding the slim nature of the jacket, going up 2 sizes isn't out of the ordinary. I was saying recently that I usually wear a 36 (sometimes 38), and the 50 seemed the best fit for me.

Comment

• Karura
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              Looks about right to me. His stuff is sized down one to begin with, and adding the slim nature of the jacket, going up 2 sizes isn't out of the ordinary. I was saying recently that I usually wear a 36 (sometimes 38), and the 50 seemed the best fit for me.
                              Thanks for the quick reply, also how long is too long? It goes a bit below my waist. Will go try on again tomorrow.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

the back is shorter than the front...ideally it would taper on the sides above your hip bone. It's all subjective though, use your judgment...you're the one that has to wear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎