X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franz
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
    To the parisian here, do you guys know a good cobbler around Paris who put Vibram soles ? Thanks.
    well, in Paris, you can go to atelier cattelan, that has a very good reputation. Never had any complaints really, work is always ok, but the level of service leaves to be desired (sometimes a bit rude on rue Melingue, other times they did forget once or twice a specific small repair I had asked on top of vibraming...).
    A bit on the pricey side, but they know their business and have very sturdy latex heels with reinforced panels on the back to prevent from early wear, offer an extensive variety of vibrams of different shapes, colors, sole sculpture etc that can fit any shoes style/usage.
    Originally posted by Faust
    True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• light1008
      • Aug 2012

Does Ink Clothing charge customs when ordering from the US?

Comment

• modalsaliency
        • May 2010

Originally posted by light1008 View Post
        Does Ink Clothing charge customs when ordering from the US?
        I'm not sure what this means. Retailers don't charge customs; customs charges customs.

If you mean will they mark down an item or label it as a gift like some retailers, then the answer was no when I inquired.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Maybe he/she meant to ask if they ship duty paid?
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• nictan
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
            If you mean will they mark down an item or label it as a gift like some retailers, then the answer was no when I inquired.
            they dont?

Comment

• noirgt
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
              I'm not sure what this means. Retailers don't charge customs; customs charges customs.

Wired... I think they always do that... my latest order from them was last november and they did mark down my shipment
              As they ship stuff by ems, even if they label the true price of the goods, there's 99% chance that you won't be charged for tax... Never had any customs experience with usps

Comment

• modalsaliency
                • May 2010

Alright. Mea culpa.

I've used them twice before and both times they shipped it with the price as paid. It might be a regional thing since I live in Asia, or maybe my case was just abnormal.

Comment

• light1008
                  • Aug 2012

Thanks for the feedback all, I hope they don't charge, as I am ordering a RO coat and pants soon and really don't want to get hit with a customs bill.

Comment

• qazwsx
                    • Feb 2012

Their sales have terrible taste. I bet they don't know what "artisan" or "avant garde" means. The main supporting customers of that shitty store are those young kids with rich parents. And the way they do business is to compliment whoever comes in for whatever reason, and try to associate your face with some celebrities who you don't even look like. that's all they do, instead of telling you the concept behind the brand, the fabric, the seamwork, the cutting. And i don't understand how they're gonna become the first store that carries Rich Owens next year...They've been selling mastermind japan with julius...and now they're gonna sell mastermind with rick owens by only having the ability to introduce these labels as "cool-looking dark stuff"? Rick...wtf r u doing..don't let these retards ruin your pieces in vancouver...this civilized countryside needs someone better.

Anyways, yes im an SFU undergrad

Originally posted by messiisgood View Post
                    i went, and yes the sales and cant stfu lmao. i dont think it's good place to open up a shop like that at Aberdeen, it doesn't even fit whats around there plus its too much for the people there to buy imo.
                    do you go to school in vancouver?
                    Last edited by qazwsx; 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM.
                    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• shuit
                      • Apr 2012

Haha, I've heard quit a lot about this stores too. Many chinese friend of mine (with extremely large wallet) who live there usually check out/buy their stuff. Apparently, their selection match the taste of Chinese who want to look like Japanese perfectly.

Worst new is that they're now trying to imitate Korean- so Rick Owens/Chrome heart fans, buckle your seatbelt.

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

So the next step is trying to be an "ulzzang" ?

Comment

• Supel
                          • Apr 2011

Hmmm I only wished more boutiques would lower the declared value to avoid customs charges from country ends. At the end of the day, it doesn't cost the boutique to lower it? But instead costs the buyer if they weren't willing to do it.

In Australia it's for goods over 1k, and in that case I got charged $250 extra for my CCP oxfords I purchased from Spain. I much would rather giving that $250 to the boutique than to the profitable customs / government. I really don't see the problem as I consistently do this through proxies, and at times stores can lose potential sales..

What are peoples views on this?

Comment

• Supel
                            • Apr 2011

It's made illegal because the government creates the law (because they can) for a profitable outcome. The charges are absurd, and that being said millions are avoided each year. Obviously a sensitive topic, but as I said before I'd rather support the business not customs.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

To the Rick fans out there, does RO's size M still equal 48 ?

Comment

• Castor
                                • Nov 2009

Yes, but some of the heavier knits in particular for F/W '12 ran very small. Check measurements.
                                Originally posted by DRRRK
                                The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎