X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Thanks. The knit is indeed from FW/12, but doesn't look thick.

Comment

• noirgt
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
      Their sales have terrible taste. I bet they don't know what "artisan" or "avant garde" means. The main supporting customers of that shitty store are those young kids with rich parents. And the way they do business is to compliment whoever comes in for whatever reason, and try to associate your face with some celebrities who you don't even look like. that's all they do, instead of telling you the concept behind the brand, the fabric, the seamwork, the cutting. And i don't understand how they're gonna become the first store that carries Rich Owens next year...They've been selling mastermind japan with julius...and now they're gonna sell mastermind with rick owens by only having the ability to introduce these labels as "cool-looking dark stuff"? Rick...wtf r u doing..don't let these retards ruin your pieces in vancouver...this civilized countryside needs someone better.

Anyways, yes im an SFU undergrad
      wait, are you talking about ink or some other store?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

some other store, quoting fail
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

Yeah some other store in Canada I think, at first I thought "wait what" then realized the quote was below.

Comment

• nahneun
            • Feb 2011

I'm bidding on something on ebay right now, but I know for a fact that the only other bidder is a shell account used by the seller. I can see which bids were withdrawn in the bid list. He bid up to my max bid then withdrew his bids that went past it (60 euros above the initial bid). It's not a lot of money, and I was already planning on investing that much had there been actual other competition, but his actions really piss me off. Is there anything I can do to rectify this situation? I really want the item, but it irks me that the seller is artificially raising his own auction. I already sent a message to the seller calling him out on it because it's such unethical behavior.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Cancel bid. Not worth it.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

report that shit
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nahneun
                  • Feb 2011

is there any way i can have my cake and eat it too in this kind of situation

well, a real bidder just appeared (possibly? i suppose 200+ feedback is not really a good indicator because it's so easy to have a friend/old account put in a single bid) :T

ugh... maybe i should just give up on it. i'm not even sure if it'll fit properly. if anyone remembers, it's the size 40 s21w reverse horse backzips that showed up back in...march? the s21m fit me fine, but i have no idea if the women's fit differently.

okay so i ended up putting in another bid to see if the 200 feedback account was fake bid, and there was no other bids placed (the other guy put in a 10 euro bid... seems kind of small for such a rare item when there's only two other visible buyers in the last minute), which definitely causes me to raise a brow. i ended up winning it with a single additional bid :/.....

should i just report and chalk it up as a loss? but the destroyed horse backzips are so nice :( i love my derbies in the same leather :(
                  Last edited by nahneun; 01-15-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

still not worth it.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eleven crows
                      • Mar 2011

Another reason to only bid in the final few seconds of an auction. You can find sniper services online or sit there and mash F5 yourself.

Comment

• nahneun
                        • Feb 2011

i wish i had known about those services :T i don't use ebay much at all... less than 20 transactions total even though my account was made in 2005 OTL should have done my research

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

I use hammersnipe.

Comment

• springsummer1993
                            • Aug 2012

Sorry to butt in here. Just a 'lil question with regards to washing my YYPH jacket. I prefer handwashing to drycleaning (free and I'm tight and in a weird way, way more fun). I've washed wool pants with success but unsure about my jacket. It's 100% Cotton and some parts are 60% Cotton 40% Linen and the lining is Cupro.

I think those materials are okay to handwash. The only worry I've got is that the shoulder pads might react badly to getting wet. Would it pose a problem?
                            live for conflict / die for heaven

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I would say yes you should be fine, especially if it's sort of an informal jacket. After seeing this vid (they throw a Chanel coat in the washer!), I've been much less paranoid about washing things. I threw a Cloak cotton blazer in the wash with shoulder pads and it came out fine, though I never got it quite as wrinkle free as when I bought it because I don't have a steamer or iron. Just be sure to reshape it as best you can while it's still wet.

Originally posted by springsummer1993 View Post
                              Sorry to butt in here. Just a 'lil question with regards to washing my YYPH jacket. I prefer handwashing to drycleaning (free and I'm tight and in a weird way, way more fun). I've washed wool pants with success but unsure about my jacket. It's 100% Cotton and some parts are 60% Cotton 40% Linen and the lining is Cupro.

I think those materials are okay to handwash. The only worry I've got is that the shoulder pads might react badly to getting wet. Would it pose a problem?
                              music

Comment

• springsummer1993
                                • Aug 2012

thanks for that video and a recounting of your own experience. leaves me with a lighter heart and certainly more confident of what i'm about to do.

abit too melodramatic that last sentence*.
                                live for conflict / die for heaven

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎