X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurruptz
    • Jan 2013

quick question:
    is it generally bad to wear tops/outerwear that matches your shoes?

like pairing pearl/white geobaskets with say a white top/grey jacket or grey top, grey hoodie?

whats the general consensus on this?

also is pairing black suede/ black leather okay?

thanks

Comment

• teddybonkers
      • Jan 2013

Washing DRKSHDW jeans

how do you guys do it? Dry clean, woolite?...

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
        Banned
        • Jun 2011

handwash, or machine wash and air dry

theyre just jeans

Comment

• teddybonkers
          • Jan 2013

i have the triple black ones though, i don't want the thing to go gray on me. Some of the black even got on my shoes for just wearing it.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
            Banned
            • Jun 2011

just handwash and airdry or dont wash at all

Comment

• Usul
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Supel View Post
              Hmmm I only wished more boutiques would lower the declared value to avoid customs charges from country ends. At the end of the day, it doesn't cost the boutique to lower it? But instead costs the buyer if they weren't willing to do it.

In Australia it's for goods over 1k, and in that case I got charged $250 extra for my CCP oxfords I purchased from Spain. I much would rather giving that $250 to the boutique than to the profitable customs / government. I really don't see the problem as I consistently do this through proxies, and at times stores can lose potential sales..

What are peoples views on this?
              When I buy online, I ask stores to declare lower price on shipped items, because I have to pay 30% in local customs fees if the price is over 300 EUR.

Most of the time the stores give me this courtesy.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

It's often illegal to declare a lower value (depending on your country's laws), so it's understandable when a retailer isn't willing to. It's nice when they do, but I can't fault them when they refuse.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• brettwagg
                  • Jan 2013

Also, the value that is declared on a package is the amount that is covered under any sort of insurance the sender will have if anything goes wrong or the package goes missing, it's never really in the benefit of the sender, especially when they are a business.

Comment

• Usul
                    • Jan 2013

Guys, I wanted to ask about the practice of getting rubber soles for the shoes with leather soles. I saw someone do it. Is it common? I guess it's for protecting the original sole?

What is the correct way to do it so it doesn't end up looking ugly? I'm guessing black rubber soles on white shoes won't look too great?

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Usul View Post
                      Guys, I wanted to ask about the practice of getting rubber soles for the shoes with leather soles. I saw someone do it. Is it common? I guess it's for protecting the original sole?

What is the correct way to do it so it doesn't end up looking ugly? I'm guessing black rubber soles on white shoes won't look too great?
                      It's common yes. Take your shoes to the cobbler and tell them you want a layer of rubber put on the bottom (often Vibram or Topy). They'll have a variety of colours to choose from.

Some of us don't like leather soles because they get all scuffed up, and are slippery, etc.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• kurruptz
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by flying lotus View Post
                        so, RO geobaskets in the classic black/white colorway. How often do these come out? didn't seem like anyone got them in for f/w 2012. are they a s/s release for 13? next fall? don't see many shops that stock RO carrying them this past fall or this upcoming spring. how often do they come out?
                        as stated the black/white ones rarely go on a significant discount. but if your willing to wait and look around you can get other colorways for a good price. I was able to get some size 43 Pearl(grey)/White Geobaskets for $599 no tax on Gilt. Also the tote is really nice! I love these shoes and definitely would say these are some of the comfiest shoes I've ever worn.

Comment

• Magic1
                          • Jan 2011

can anyone comment on the quality of Daniel Andreson's knitwear?

Thanks

Comment

• gettoasty
                            • Apr 2012

Will HLorenzo be having further discounts soon? Two items I have bookmarked been sitting at 50% since early Dec.

I hear they usually have a street sale in LA at up to 60% off. Full sizes are still available FWIW but not sure if I should grab them now or wait. I also do not live in LA.

Anyone familiar with John L. Sullivan? Fabric / fit?

TIA

Comment

• im_parfait
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2010

Has Dior Homme ever used buttons with "Dior Homme" engraved on them? I mean all the items I've handled have "CD" on the buttons, but I've recently come across an intersting sample with "Dior Homme" instead.

I have no idea whether it's genuine, I've looked thru collections but failed to find this jacket, tho styling and cut and details persuade that it's from approximately 2007 (maybe has not been used on the runway and hang in a studio)..

Would appreciate any info!

Comment

• BBSLM
                                • Feb 2011

Does anyone know who makes this coat?

WTB
                                desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                                RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                                STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎