• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
    Leather tear on Guidi bag.

Possible to get this fixed/mended? Anywhere in NYC?
    Superior Leather would be my suggestion for NYC repair, but you could also contact Guidi directly if you don't need it fixed right away. Most likely they will either fix or replace it, but the turnaround can be 8 weeks.

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
      Anyone got any experience with Rick's kangaroo leather? Specifically ss10 stooges?
      I had that jacket and I will agree with Kunk. Definitely one of Rick's worst leathers, especially considering how absurdly expensive it was.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• nomemorial
        • Jan 2013

Any experience with that Cruvoir site? Lots of good stuff at a reasonable price, but the "inquire" option for some reason makes it seem oddly intimidating to me. Has anyone purchased from here and had success?

Comment

• miserableman
          • Dec 2009

Re rick kangaroo leather, I think people make the mistake of comparing it to other leather's.

It's paper thin almost, but that's the whole point of it. Only buy it if you know what to expect, it makes a great choice to wear during the summer months, being so thin yet still retaining strength.

Comment

• yack
            • May 2011

Originally posted by nomemorial View Post
            Any experience with that Cruvoir site? Lots of good stuff at a reasonable price, but the "inquire" option for some reason makes it seem oddly intimidating to me. Has anyone purchased from here and had success?
            Looks to be the same guy selling goods on ebay and sufu under many different names.. consensus around here is that he or she is pretty sketchy.

Comment

• i-d-g
              • Sep 2012

Not really a small question, but i didnt know where else to ask.

At any given show, is there any significance to the order of the looks?

Are they ordered in a certain way to help present the message of the collection? Also, is there any significant reason that one look would be the first look of the show as opposed to another?
              “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• The-Arm
                • Jul 2012

Has anyone had much experience dying clothes? Specifically a rick gimp hood to black? I've only tried my hand at at T-shirts with successful results.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by iangdenning View Post
                  At any given show, is there any significance to the order of the looks?

Are they ordered in a certain way to help present the message of the collection? Also, is there any significant reason that one look would be the first look of the show as opposed to another?
                  it depends entirely on the designer, I'm sure most have some sort of a vision as to why the looks are presented in the chosen order. it could be by style (shifting from one direction to another), sometimes you see an evolving pattern in the materials or colours, or there could be even a very specific story thats being told.

Originally posted by The-Arm View Post
                  Has anyone had much experience dying clothes? Specifically a rick gimp hood to black? I've only tried my hand at at T-shirts with successful results.
                  theres a bunch of dye discussion in the diy forum, I think. pretty much all cotton garments are dyable, but keep in mind that there might be synthetic parts that might not dye. for example the stitching which is often synthetic, which means it will retain the original colour.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

in general the first silhouette sets the tone: if the runaway displays a collection that is a further take on previous researches, it will be the looks that are the closest to the designer's usual style that will be shown first, and as the show develops, new elements are introduced, and the last silhouettes will demonstrate the progress compared to previous collections. on the opposite, if the collection is a real breakthrough, then the first looks might be the ones that are the most remote from past works, and as the collection unveils, you may find more familiar pieces.
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Does Rick make this shoe in this colour scheme for boys? Alternatively, would any of the women's sizes fit a men's 42 / 9? I know his sneakers fit a bit big, not sure about women's though.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                        • Oct 2011

^ Missing image.

I feel as though I've seen Rick's women's footwear at least up to 42, though it's possible it was something like the men's creeper boots crosslisted in the women's section. FWIW, I have SS11? Geobaskets from the women's line and they run about a half size large.

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

THE WOMEN'S SHOES GO UP TO GARGANTUAN SIZES (FOR LADIES)
                          GOOD LOOKING OUT FOR ALL THE DRAG QUEENS RICK 8)
                          THAT SAID I'M TOTALLY CERTAIN THAT THE WOMEN'S LAST IS NARROWER THAN THE MEN'S
                          DEPENDING ON YOUR PEDAL PROFILE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE SAME SIZE IN THINNER SOCKS
                          TO PUT IT ANOTHER WAY: TRYING IT ON HELPS

Comment

• MosesHerzog
                            • Feb 2013

BBS p14-f181

Is this fabric stiff or a little stretchy?

Comment

• Usul
                              • Jan 2013

can anyone please post some Japanese websites with designer clothes?

i only know of mercury-japan

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

you need to be more specific if you want any serious replies.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎