Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neostrifeX
    • Jun 2013

Anyone here good at identifying Rick Owens pieces by product code? Specifically I want a Stooges leather jacket, I found one with RU 5764 / LP. I know the material is hammered lamb from the LP, but I'm curious as to which season this particular model is from. I'm thinking SS09 Strutter but I'm getting conflicting results.

Comment

• ambrosian
      • Dec 2012

Anyone have any info on how Asos.com clothes are made? I know on the website they proclaim it's all ethical, has any independent researcher released any info though?

PS What kind of quality should I expect of Julius shoes?
      Last edited by ambrosian; 08-21-2013, 01:51 AM.
      street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Venus in Furs
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
        Anyone here good at identifying Rick Owens pieces by product code? Specifically I want a Stooges leather jacket, I found one with RU 5764 / LP. I know the material is hammered lamb from the LP, but I'm curious as to which season this particular model is from. I'm thinking SS09 Strutter but I'm getting conflicting results.
        Mine is RU 5764 / LP and it's from Exploder 07/08

Comment

• gnow
          • Jun 2010

Balmain sneakers

Anyone here owns the current season Balmain sneakers?

This one http://www.antonioli.eu/en/products/...shoes?gen=men#

How's the construction and quality like?

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

Is there a proxy service for South Korea such as FromJapan for Japan ?

Comment

• whtnnk986
              • Feb 2012

I want to share a problem regarding the brown buttons from Rick Owens Limo and Naska collections.

Has anyone encountered similar problem: The brown color dye came off with moist (eg. sweaty/wet hands) and stained your hands/other light colored items?

Personally I have a few items from these 2 seasons and I never aware of this problem as I nearly always wear those items with dark colored clothings. But this afternoon, I wore a pearl colored tee with the draped swing shorts from Naska, and later this evening I noticed that the brown buttons from the pants are leaving brown stains on the T shirt which I initially thought was chocolate marks.

So I tested out the brown buttons from my other items by placing damp pieces of tissue paper on the buttons and I observed that the brown dye comes off quite easily (without rubbing) and stained the tissue papers.

Is there any way to 'fix ' the color on those buttons? Or should I just replace the buttons with normal plastic ones? What do you guys think about this?

Also, would anyone of you expect something like this to happen on expensive designer items? I can accept this to happen with dark denims or some leather goods, but certainly this really shouldn't be happening with the buttons.
              Last edited by whtnnk986; 08-28-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Annahanghoej
                • Aug 2013

The link doesn't work and I really need to get a list of shops in NY cause I'm going there soon (all the way from europe)

Comment

• samlasamla
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                  PS What kind of quality should I expect of Julius shoes?
                  Are you referring to build quality or craftsmanship? There's significantly less handwork in Julius shoes than some of the other brands you'll see here, but in my opinion that's precisely why they hold up longer. I own footwear from CCP, M.A+, A1923, Layer-0, Carpe Diem, and Julius, and Julius is definitely near the top in terms of durability.

Comment

• minhcu2805
                    • Mar 2013

How does this RO blazer from fw 10 fitted compare to other season's blazers? Im looking for a really skinny fitted one, been considering between the recent season Julius blazer, any help?

Comment

• diorowen
                      • Aug 2010

in my experience, go with Julius for the skinny fitted looks.
                      but I always love Rick's tailoring and fabric more than Julius.
                      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• minhcu2805
                        • Mar 2013

Thank you for the respond, the specific Julius blazers that Im considering are the current season 437JAM1 and the last season 417JAM3, would be great if anyone that owned one of these give me some advice, are the Julius ones fit skinnier? shorter than RO? equivalent sizes ofcourse

Comment

• diorowen
                          • Aug 2010

Depends on which RO blazer. typically Julius one is a tad shorter if we're comparing both in the most similar style. and definitely skinnier on the body part, and a bit slimmer in sleeves.
                          regarding the 2 julius blazer,
                          I dont own any of those. I own one skirted blazer from FW2012,
                          anyway fabric aside,
                          the 437Jam1, is for winter, and it is the version with skirt companion, therefore it will be cut a little roomier for both layering in winter and the long silhouette.

while the 417Jam3, should fit skinnier considering the fabric and fit.

but probably ask someone who own them, for double check.
                          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• julian_doe
                            • Mar 2013

minhcu2805, I am a size 44IT and I own 417JAM1 (SS13) in a size 1. The jacket fits me a lot like the image you shared, perfectly slim. The sleeves are even more skinny than those on Taralis blazers (which are already quite narrow), and they are elegantly long.

I wouldn't worry about the construction of a Julius blazer. Mine is fully canvassed and made with beautiful fabrics. If you are looking for a skinny blazer, I would certainly choose Julius over Rick Owens.

Another bit of information which I can offer, is to recommend 437JAM7. This one is more of a casual/distressed blazer, but it is incredibly slim. I had the pleasure of trying it on at The Archive in SF, and you can find it here: http://archivesf.com/archivesf_item/...l-long-blazer/

Hopefully this helps!

Comment

• jaythejet
                              • May 2011

this may seem like a dumb question but what are the limitation on special/custom orders of previous CCP leather jackets (fencing, scar stitch, overlock)? for instance, if i wanted to get the FW06 overlock, would it be possible to obtain the same leather and construction that was used for models as old as that?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jaythejet View Post
                                this may seem like a dumb question but what are the limitation on special/custom orders of previous CCP leather jackets (fencing, scar stitch, overlock)? for instance, if i wanted to get the FW06 overlock, would it be possible to obtain the same leather and construction that was used for models as old as that?
                                Leather type and color is going to be based on availability and what CCP's studio has in stock. In regards to the cuts and designs, that is going to vary depending on what you are interested in trying to order and you'll just have to ask. Definitely don't expect to get some of the elk or exactly the same leather grain/texture as something from more than 1 year ago.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎