X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maldoror
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Raw Edge View Post
    i've seen brad wear it closed and he's a beast!
    He must have really high armholes!
    --wait, what?

Comment

• Arcane
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      arcane, save yourself hundreds of bucks and get yourself a pair of Red Wings pull on work boots. It's what these are modeled after... same with the Rick version of the pull on boot.

The new Red Wings have the chunky sole, vintage ones have a thinner one that is leather & rubber. I'm bidding on a pair now which i'll redye black and voila, the $800 pair of boots look for $50 plus dye and I'll wear them without worry!

Mmm... you might be right but looking at pictures I still don't think they have the same edge and I suppose they won't have the same fit around the legs either. I might just be me not finding the vintage version you're talking about though.

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
      Arcane, I'm normally a size 42, and I had to buy these in
      a 41(and I can still get wool socks down in them).
      They are on the heavy side, and fits loosely around
      your legs, but still an elegant feel that most Ann boots have.
      I can't help you with a fit pics, as I don't have a camera,
      but you can get an idea on Browns website, maybe if there
      is other members here who can help?!

Anyways they are absolutely beautiful and well worth it!
      So, one size down then. How do they fit you over the ankle? I pretty much hate it when my shoes fit too loose around those parts. Also, I pretty much counted on then being loose around the legs, it's actually a part of what I find appealing. The more I think about it them the more I want them, damn it...

Do anyone know if Antonioli accepts returns on sale items? Can find anything about it on their page. If they do I might as well just go ahead and order them...
      Last edited by Arcane; 12-06-2008, 06:24 AM.
      Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
        --wait, what?
        hahahahahaha
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

Did A officially open its doors at the new space? I did not have time yesterday to walk in, while running in and out of the office all day, but all of the sudden I noticed everything there, lining the windows, lights on, people around the counter, just no customers right then. I feel like two days ago, this was not the case...
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Yes, they did open yesterday.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Perhaps not that small of a question in the end...

looking to get my girlfriend a macbook pro for christmas so that she can run CS3, Maya, 3DSM, Revit and Cad along with video/digital editing smoothly with zero lag while keeping everything in a sleek balleriffic package.

Only read a few reviews thus far but I think many members on here have one so I'd like to hear what people have to say about the MB470LL versus the MB133LL.... and of course the cheapest place to score one ;)

Other laptop suggestions are greatly welcomed as well. I'm looking to spend $1000-1800ish.

Thanks guys!
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

sounds like she needs a tower, not a laptop if she is doing any serious sort of rendering. I am slaving over Rhino and V-Ray right now trying to finish up for a competition on Tuesday. Is your heart [or hers] set on a mac?

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Perhaps not that small of a question in the end...

looking to get my girlfriend a macbook pro for christmas so that she can run CS3, Maya, 3DSM, Revit and Cad along with video/digital editing smoothly with zero lag while keeping everything in a sleek balleriffic package.

Only read a few reviews thus far but I think many members on here have one so I'd like to hear what people have to say about the MB470LL versus the MB133LL.... and of course the cheapest place to score one ;)

Other laptop suggestions are greatly welcomed as well. I'm looking to spend $1000-1800ish.

Thanks guys!
                  I dunno laptop code, sorry. Those numbers are gibberish. But, for 3d work ,the macbook pro is much, much better than the macbook non-pro...

Alright, I clicked on all the links in the store, the 470LL is the one to go with. Spec at base, upgrade to 7.2k RPM hard drive (Get additional RAM from Newegg for $40 instead of $135 to push to 4 gigs, must-do for graphics). Add 3 year applecare, apple hardware is shit, you will have reliability issues after 1 year, before 3.

In terms of best deals, apple keeps very strict control over retailer prices. Expect to find nothing more than $50-100 off retail. Using a student discount gets you more than that and should be tax free, usually the best bet. Sometimes holiday deals pop up at macmall, not usually very good.

Here's why: There are very few laptops that will do that kind of work, and do it well. The MBP is very nice in that you can run MacOS, as well as windows, and do both natively (dualboot), or with virtualization. The nvidia cards that can work in parallel in the new laptops are in very few notebooks and are very fast. There are other options, but most are even heavier and clunkier. Because you need a lot of 3d/graphics use, the lighter laptops like what I use (Lenovo X300) aren't workable. The Macbook non-pro only has the on-motherboard graphics chip, not the stand alone one, and so is pretty gimpy for serious graphics work. It is adequate for occasional rendering and the like though.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                    sounds like she needs a tower, not a laptop if she is doing any serious sort of rendering. I am slaving over Rhino and V-Ray right now trying to finish up for a competition on Tuesday. Is your heart [or hers] set on a mac?
                    Not particularly set on a mac, but a laptop for sure for portability's sake.

I'm willing to sacrifice some computing power for the ability to pack up and go. I've been leaning towards macs just because of all the issues I've had with pc's. I've been thinking about adopting that "Apple Lifestyle" as it were hahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                      I dunno laptop code, sorry. Those numbers are gibberish. But, for 3d work ,the macbook pro is much, much better than the macbook non-pro...

Alright, I clicked on all the links in the store, the 470LL is the one to go with. Spec at base, upgrade to 7.2k RPM hard drive (Get additional RAM from Newegg for $40 instead of $135 to push to 4 gigs, must-do for graphics). Add 3 year applecare, apple hardware is shit, you will have reliability issues after 1 year, before 3.

In terms of best deals, apple keeps very strict control over retailer prices. Expect to find nothing more than $50-100 off retail. Using a student discount gets you more than that and should be tax free, usually the best bet. Sometimes holiday deals pop up at macmall, not usually very good.

Here's why: There are very few laptops that will do that kind of work, and do it well. The MBP is very nice in that you can run MacOS, as well as windows, and do both natively (dualboot), or with virtualization. The nvidia cards that can work in parallel in the new laptops are in very few notebooks and are very fast. There are other options, but most are even heavier and clunkier. Because you need a lot of 3d/graphics use, the lighter laptops like what I use (Lenovo X300) aren't workable. The Macbook non-pro only has the on-motherboard graphics chip, not the stand alone one, and so is pretty gimpy for serious graphics work. It is adequate for occasional rendering and the like though.

Thanks my man.

I'm tempted to go via ebay for the computer... through apple.com my pricing will be $1900 for the computer alone without coverage.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Thanks my man.

I'm tempted to go via ebay for the computer... through apple.com my pricing will be $1900 for the computer alone without coverage.
                        Hadn't even thought about that. $1800-Live.com rebate = $1600. Gives you applecare for still under $1900. Do that instead.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• danimal
                          • Sep 2008

Have you looked at the refurb section on the apple store page? This looks like a good fit:

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

oh damn, nice find danimal!!! Thanks!!

Can't tell if the body is the new solid aluminum one... but the price is really nice and straight from apple is always a good thing :)

*edit* NVM, this is the older body after comparing photos... I will still keep it in mind though!

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by danimal View Post
                              Have you looked at the refurb section on the apple store page? This looks like a good fit:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB...mco=MjE0NDk5Mw
                              This will be much worse for graphics work/rendering. It's a generation older GPU, and only one GPU.

EDIT: I forgot about the glossy screens. Ugh.

Comment

• danimal
                                • Sep 2008

Yeah, it's the previous generation, but it has 512MB video ram which will be really nice for the 3d apps and $1000 less than the current model with 512MB vram. Also, the newer models only have glossy screens, which some graphics pros really don't like. It's just a personal preference thing though but something to keep in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎