Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpn96
    • Oct 2010

I like the printing a lot. The silhouette is nothing special but also depend on how much it cost

Thoughts on this Gareth Pugh sweater?

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by tpn96 View Post
      I like the printing a lot. The silhouette is nothing special but also depend on how much it cost
      $250 USD with shipping.

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
        Yeah, that site (shop number 4, Kuwait) gets way too little traffic from here. I've got some fantastic deals from there, especially on older stuff. Staff are friendly and helpful, shipping is cheap, rapid (to Aus, at least).
        How much do you normally get hit for shipping? I was quoted $53 dollars.

Comment

• dunglan7
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kamsky View Post
          Regarding Farfetch, how long do they take to confirm an order on average? I placed an order Saturday (last piece my size from a shop in Italy) and have yet to receive confirmation, so am wondering what the odds are that they might have sold out of it before I ordered it.
          It took them about a week to notify me the item I ordered was shipped. As for the other one that was sold out, they emailed me the following day to let me know it was no longer available.

Comment

• spacetaekwon
            • Jan 2011

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any courses in NYC where I could learn silversmithing / jewelry design. Thanks.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
              Wow, more than I ever got.

Maybe they've upped it since I last ordered? Or maybe because of where you're shipping to? I can't remember exact amounts, because I delete all my old emails (obsessive minimalism has it's downsides, who knew) but I think the last time was at most $25-30 or so, and that was for multiple items. Was certainly quick delivery, but I might have to take back "cheap".
              They definitely have some good stock (incl. CCP posted online). Just remember to factor in the customs taxes that you'll get hit with after the fact... I received a $200 DHL customs bill on a $950 item. Ouch.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Law View Post

Thoughts on this Gareth Pugh sweater?

Sorry, not to sound like interest1 here, but we do have a Yes or No? thread for those seeking opinions on potential purchases.

Please get yourself a bit more familiar with the various areas of the forum so you can take full advantage of what it has to offer.
                sain't

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Well, I've been called worse. Much, much worse.
                  sain't

Comment

• schemedream
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
                    Anyone who has successfully sourced a vintage mannequin (mens or womens) made of metal/wood/wire or any combination thereof, where did you find yours?

I'm not asking thinking I'll go to the same exact purveyor, but I'm trying to get an idea of the venues where people have had success. I've tried craigslist, antique stores, flea markets, etc.
                    Most of the vintage mannequins I've seen or my friends own have come from said places. Thrift stores, vintage clothing stores, estate sales, craigslist...I've never seen groups of them being carried as items or stock. Good luck out there. If I see an extra in my wanderings I'll be sure to grab it and ship it out your way =P

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

Thanks for the reply!

Honestly, if you run into one somewhere, shoot me a PM about where it was...I've been looking on and off for years now...
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• tpn96
                        • Oct 2010

$250 USD with shipping.
                        I think that price is not too bad

Comment

• flashoflight
                          • Sep 2013

Hey guys,

I picked up a pair of Jun Hashimoto s21 boots and while the length etc seems fine for my foot size, the instep is so tight. I can get my foot in and everything zips up but it is quite uncomfortable.

Does anyone have a similar experience with these Jun s21s and have the instep stretch a lot after wear? Or should I just look at other boots?

Thanks!

Comment

• schemedream
                            • Jan 2013

So I just received a pair of RO sidezips in size 45. They are pretty loose in not only the area between the calf and ankle but also the toe box. I usually run a 44 but the Myhabit sale was on and they were the last pair so I took a chance. I was thinking about getting some insoles and that should fix it. What kind of insoles do you people use in your boots? My google fu only brings up athletic type stuff. Superfeet comes up a lot. Any recommendations? Any own a pair of sidezips and is the roomyness in the lower leg pretty common?

Thanks guys.

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

Has anyone had any experiencing with waxing clothes?

I just found a pot of Barbour wax, and on impulse have just applied it to a pair of military bag Luc's!!

The fabric and the original paint was wearing lovely but with the wax there is a subtile sheen and the lighter areas are now darker. I am guessing it will just wear the same as a waxed coat e.t.c...

Comment

• arc
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by image View Post
                                Before you spend a lot of time trying to replace with the identical laces, try lacing with a cheap pair and see if they break right away when you pull on them. My Augusta trainers will cut laces as soon as I pull on them, ended up using round shoe laces instead of sneaker laces.
                                Don't they look funny on the sneakers?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎