• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
    So I just received a pair of RO sidezips in size 45. They are pretty loose in not only the area between the calf and ankle but also the toe box. I usually run a 44 but the Myhabit sale was on and they were the last pair so I took a chance. I was thinking about getting some insoles and that should fix it. What kind of insoles do you people use in your boots? My google fu only brings up athletic type stuff. Superfeet comes up a lot. Any recommendations? Any own a pair of sidezips and is the roomyness in the lower leg pretty common?

Thanks guys.
    Spenco. The plain old green ones.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• morsto
      • Nov 2008

the sidezips are in my experience tight on the calves, whereas for instance the spiral creepers are not.
      both, in my experience, run around a ½ size large hence if you are a true 44 and bought 45 you run the risk of the clown shoe look
      I do not recognise the vessel,
      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
        • Feb 2012

when designers say flax, is that any different than traditional linen or just a new buzzword?

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Given current Western values, is fashion inherently rebellious?
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Haha perhaps, it was a half joke, short yes or no question and all.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• boodude
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
              So I just received a pair of RO sidezips in size 45. They are pretty loose in not only the area between the calf and ankle but also the toe box. I usually run a 44 but the Myhabit sale was on and they were the last pair so I took a chance. I was thinking about getting some insoles and that should fix it. What kind of insoles do you people use in your boots? My google fu only brings up athletic type stuff. Superfeet comes up a lot. Any recommendations? Any own a pair of sidezips and is the roomyness in the lower leg pretty common?

Thanks guys.
              Superfeet are great, I use them in my Guidis. They give you great arch support however they are sort of thick. You could actually go in a store and try some insoles in your ROs and decide.

Comment

• kuriz
                • Nov 2010

Any sneakers suggestions when it comes to mixing up BBS jeans with everyday to-go sneakers? Might be more suited for the first world problem thread, but I find it extremely hard to make the big raw hem on BBS P13 jeans go well with sneakers. I've tried all sorts of sneaker models from Adidas, Nike, Vans and others but the raw hem making its way down on the back of the foot makes it look sort of sloppy.

Comment

• boodude
                  • Oct 2012

best dyes fro cotton pants

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I wanna dye some dark navy cotton pants in black. Tried Dylon Permanent dye without success 2 times ( second time with doubling the dose) it just slightly darkened the colour but did not give me a black black. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I suggest you take it to a professional.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• k3mist
                      • Apr 2013

dyeing black is always a pain. you probably didnt match the correct amt of dye to fabric weight ratio to salt solution.

see if your local store has Procion MX Dyes, its easier and generally more accurate if you ask me.

or

take Fausts suggestion :p

Comment

• boodude
                        • Oct 2012

Thanks Faust and k3. Will look into both options. Followed the instructions meticulously on the dylon dye but nothing. hopefully a pro will do the job

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by boodude View Post
                          Not sure if this is the place to ask but I wanna dye some dark navy cotton pants in black. Tried Dylon Permanent dye without success 2 times ( second time with doubling the dose) it just slightly darkened the colour but did not give me a black black. Any other suggestions?

first a question: are you sure they are 100% cotton? synthetics won't take the dye, so a cotton-synthetic blend will never take the dye fully, unless you are using acid dyes.

second, the material of your pants could be treated with something that prevents the dye from taking - a 'chemical finish' such as those used to prevent mildew or soiling, or they could also be overly saturated with dye from the beginning. so particularly if the pants are new, you may need to remove this first by washing them a few times / using a dye-remover / using something that 'scours' the fabric.

and the cotton fabric could actually have been dyed using a 'paint' which covers the surface of the cotton, rather than dye it through. this is sometimes the case particularly with white cotton, it seems. this would make dyeing more difficult.

also, since you are dyeing and not 'painting', the initial color will affect the end result - dyeing blue pants black, will yield a more blueish-black, than dyeing a red pair of pants would. this is normal.

you can always try dyeing at a higher temperature as well - as high as possible.

Comment

• justinhere
                            • Jan 2014

I would like ask about denim wax, i have tried to use the otter wax to wax my denim,but it was completely different like the videos they show the in there website. Any good suggestion on wax the denim?

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

I try otter wax on my DRKSHDW jean to rewax it. It works fine like on video. They says 24 hours in fridge but I had good results after left it one week in room.

Comment

• Who?
                                • Aug 2007

Need help finding online sales of the following:

Siki Im
                                Abasi Rosborough

Thank you
                                WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡