Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k3mist
    • Apr 2013

i dont think there is enough seam allowance to open the leg seam a few inches..unless im understanding your post wrong..

a sharp taper at the very bottom will cause the seam to 'jut' out weirdly. you have to do it higher up like lowrey suggested above.

or add a dart at the bottom leg area like the 09 bbs cropped pants. but i guess this would be messing with the look :p

Comment

• i-d-g
      • Sep 2012

make sure the leg opening on the pants is at least 3-5 cm bigger than your heel measurement.

speaking from experience here..
      “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• apathy!
        • Jan 2014

Thanks for the help, silly of me to not clarify what I mean.

The pants are about 1-2 inches longer than I need but the problem is that the leg opening isn't very tight and because of this they only tuck in to very high boots/sneakers.

I could probably solve this by wrapping an elastic band around the pants near the opening but that's a pretty goofy solution.

I don't see why I'd need to start at a taper at mid-thigh if what I'm converned with is the leg opening. But i'm not good with this stuff.

cheers!

edit: note, I only wear these tucked. The bottom of the pants is (hopefully) never showing.

Comment

• i-d-g
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
          I don't see why I'd need to start at a taper at mid-thigh if what I'm converned with is the leg opening. But i'm not good with this stuff.
          If you only start a few inches above the leg opening, the legs of your pants will look very strange. it's hard to describe without pictures, but there will be a dramatic "break" near your ankle, and it'll look really ugly. If you start off mid thigh, and gradually taper the seam all the way down the leg, it will look much more natural and clean.
          “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

^I think I udnerstand what you mean. But if the entire tapered part of the pants ( all I want to do is make the leg opening tight) is hidden inside the shoe, surely it would be unnoticeable when worn.

thanks

Comment

• k3mist
              • Apr 2013

if you are only looking to wear the pants tucked in at all times then yes you are right, you can get away with the sharp taper at the bottom.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

if you are specifically looking for them to bunch up and sort of sag above the shoes, then yes, you can taper just the lef opening, or use an elastic band or something. Personally I think it would look better if the leg is slim and stacks a bit above the shoes/boots, hence the suggestion to taper them from the knee down, but thats just my preference.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• yubbermax
                  • Jun 2014

Has anyone checked out/worn/own any of the Julius boots with this sole?

How do you like them and are they comfortable? The sole looks like it might be pretty rigid.

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

Anybody know what leather is Rick Owens leather cod: RU 1792 /LO ???

Comment

• sb.from.vb
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                      Anybody know what leather is Rick Owens leather cod: RU 1792 /LO ???
                      LO is Oiled Calf. There is a whole list of Rick Owens codes here: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...t=11621&page=4

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by sb.from.vb View Post
                        LO is Oiled Calf. There is a whole list of Rick Owens codes here: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...t=11621&page=4
                        Thanks! was talking to a guy, i told him i got oiled calf but he said i was BS:ing and i could not proof to him since i couldn't find references by google

Comment

• Resge
                          • Sep 2014

The Last Conspiracy boots

What is the general opinion on The Last Conspiracy boots? I've seen a few posts mentioning good build quality, but that's it. I'm interested in Surla boots in particular.
                          Last edited by Resge; 09-29-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• edellavedova
                            • Sep 2014

Where to buy CCP

Does anyone know where to buy Carol Christian Poell leather jackets in the US, ideally NYC or Boston?

Atelier New York used to carry them - but they are no longer open. I bought an A1923 jacket from them last year and almost bought the CCP - wish I could have bought both.

I could order a jacket from Darklands, but I'm hesitant to buy such a product without trying it on.

Thank you!

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by edellavedova View Post
                              Does anyone know where to buy Carol Christian Poell leather jackets in the US, ideally NYC or Boston?

Atelier New York used to carry them - but they are no longer open. I bought an A1923 jacket from them last year and almost bought the CCP - wish I could have bought both.

I could order a jacket from Darklands, but I'm hesitant to buy such a product without trying it on.

Thank you!
                              Alan Bilzerian in Boston and Maxfield in LA are the only CCP retailers in the US right now to my knowledge, and I doubt either have a big selection, if anything, considering there hasn't been a new collection in years.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Landadel
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2014

Is it safe to buy from the ebay shop spenceclothing-italy?
                                I´m looking at some Rick basics and they seem to have good prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎