Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinoy
    • Dec 2006

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong thread, but I noticed this auction just ended on eBay for this Julius wrap piece that was mistakenly labeled Demeulemeester.

I was hesitant to bid because I questioned the item's authenticity. Does anyone have any inputs on this?

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

it's legit by the looks of it daniel, from SS08. it's a very similar design to the RO mantle except it has extra drapey material around the neck that can be worn as a hood and a snap button so you can wear it closed at the bottom.

kubie are the night falls similar denim to the raw blacks, just lightly coated? were the total eclipse jeans the only other 17.5cm waxed black jeans made? still not sure that I want to buy a new pair of dior homme jeans, the rise on the 19cm cut was a tad high for my liking (always prefered APC's cut)

Comment

• Pinoy
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
        it's legit by the looks of it daniel, from SS08. it's a very similar design to the RO mantle except it has extra drapey material around the neck that can be worn as a hood and a snap button so you can wear it closed at the bottom.
        ah shet. now i regret passing it up! if someone on SZ won the item and it doesn't work out.. lemme know :)

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

re: waxed jeans, in addition to the ones mentioned, blackbird has these (their own brand)

seem to have a pretty moderate waxing
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

Those look nice and the price is great.
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• drexl
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by danieldy View Post
              I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong thread, but I noticed this auction just ended on eBay for this Julius wrap piece that was mistakenly labeled Demeulemeester.

I was hesitant to bid because I questioned the item's authenticity. Does anyone have any inputs on this?
              Actually, I think the items he was selling were cheap Korean knock-offs. The Julius drape cardi doesn't have a belt and I'm pretty sure they didn't do that pale beige color either. Notice there's never a shot of the tags and he seems to just keyword spam designer names.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

those do look nice arto, probably not quite as slim as I'd prefer though.

drexl- they did make a beige wrap with a belt for SS07, however the beige wrap and black wrap in the photos don't look like the same model. seems a bit sus, these appear on y! occasionally anyway daniel, best of waiting just to be safe.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

So, I tend to be very much a creature of habit, and I usually wear jeans full break, no longer. I picked up Julius twist seam jeans (which obviously need to be worn longer) and a pair of drkshdw (pity someone stole rick's vowels) jeans from Drexl, and I'm having issues with the length. I'm 6'2" (short legs, most of my jeans are hemmed to 33.5" inseam for partial-full break), and these jeans just seem far too long for me. The Julius jeans especially, I'm just lost. They're a japanese label, I'm fairly tall, yet it seems like I should get about 5" hemmed off for them to be 2" too long for a bit of folding/stacking at the bottoms. The drkshdws are just a touch too long, so maybe I can come to terms with that. But, am I just stuck with an idea that these should be worn a different way than intended?
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    So, I tend to be very much a creature of habit, and I usually wear jeans full break, no longer. I picked up Julius twist seam jeans (which obviously need to be worn longer) and a pair of drkshdw (pity someone stole rick's vowels) jeans from Drexl, and I'm having issues with the length. I'm 6'2" (short legs, most of my jeans are hemmed to 33.5" inseam for partial-full break), and these jeans just seem far too long for me. The Julius jeans especially, I'm just lost. They're a japanese label, I'm fairly tall, yet it seems like I should get about 5" hemmed off for them to be 2" too long for a bit of folding/stacking at the bottoms. The drkshdws are just a touch too long, so maybe I can come to terms with that. But, am I just stuck with an idea that these should be worn a different way than intended?
                    odd to hear that! I've had both styles of jeans and I can definitely agree that the Julius sometimes ended up getting under the heel, but I just let it be. Definitely not a 5" excess sort of length though. Perhaps they're just currently a bit stiff and so they don't crumple and stack well?

For the drkshdws, my pair definitely just needed to be broken in before they stacked nicely at the lower calf/ankle. I didn't hem them per se... just sliced off that ridiculous frilly hem and then sewed it up into a traditional hem. Probably lost only 1-1.5" at most after it was all said and done. Now they stack nicely.

Long story short, maybe it just takes a bit of getting used to :)

Oh, and I'm 6'
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drexl
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                      Sad to hear that, I was hoping these would fit spot on for a 6'2" guy (imagine the twists on a 5'9" guy like me). For the Julius j-shapes/twists, twisting the legs around would make the inseam shorter but it sounds like you're trying to avoid any massive stackage. The only way they worked on me was if I tucked them into boots, though I don't know if you're going for that look. You could also have them tapered in at the hem so they don't slip under your heels and stuff.

For the drkshdw's, yeah I don't see any problem in getting them hemmed normally like Albert said.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Drexl,

I've been playing with them. I'll either get the hems taken in and the jeans shortened, or sort out a way to get used to heavy stacking. Not sure yet. But, with the slight bootcut, the stacking is pretty silly at first glance. The fit through just below the calf is so spot on though that I'll figure out something. I feel vaguely bad messing with such a carefully worked over jean, but I suspect I'll slightly take in the bottoms and hem them to maybe 36-37"

Albert, yeah, tinkering with the drkshdws they're almost fine without hemming, but I think I could do without the frilly base.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Davie
                          • Nov 2007

Are these the jeans in discussion?
                          I think the twisted stacking is the appeal of the Julius jeans so shortening would defeat the purpose. However, taken in the hem sounds like a good option, and that would add more stacking also.

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            For the drkshdws, my pair definitely just needed to be broken in before they stacked nicely at the lower calf/ankle. I didn't hem them per se... just sliced off that ridiculous frilly hem and then sewed it up into a traditional hem. Probably lost only 1-1.5" at most after it was all said and done. Now they stack nicely.
                            I do that (well, I have it done ) on all my drkshdw jeans. I hate the raw hem on those things.
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Davie View Post
                              Are these the jeans in discussion?
                              I think the twisted stacking is the appeal of the Julius jeans so shortening would defeat the purpose. However, taken in the hem sounds like a good option, and that would add more stacking also.
                              Yeah, those ones. The problem I'm having is that they're bootcut so the stacking is like a pool of denim, and rolls over shoes. Also, those nicely styled wrinkles up on the thighs are great and all, but they will fall out after one step, the denim isn't nearly that stiff. That guy has got to have at least 4" of denim shoved into his boots. I'm not thinking about shortening down to normal length though, just shortening down to say 3" longer than my usual inseam, so I get a bit of stacking but don't have to worry about stepping on them.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

never been a fan of the bootcut, so I tapered the leg opening on a pair of trousers. worked fine, they twisted the same way but didn't flair out.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎