• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BodyDouble
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    What does that mean O_O
    A user on here named pilgrim kept altering his rick clothes, shortening sleeves etc.
    I wouldn't tailor your double layer shirt for a number of reasons - the tailor might alter the twist seam which would affect the cut of the shirt. The shirt is supposed to stretch out around the hip and eventually sort of unravels in general. If you haven't already, try washing the shirt as it will most likely shrink up a bit and stretch out again.

Comment

• Anton
      • Oct 2014

Greetings Everybody,

Any recommendations for brands/specific items for people with a muscular build?

I find it hard to find clothing that fit(not to talk about denim), I wear size 31 denim size, but wear XL or XXL as i have wide shoulders. Unfortunately a lot of things look ridicules on me due to my shoulder to waist proportion.

Any recommendations for brands with really fitted cuts or anything of that sort? In need to a solution.

Thanks!
      I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
      My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

if you find out let me know.

j/k but i have to size up to get the shoulders to fit in virtually every label discussed on this website and then have the body tapered. and there are still a couple labels that are just not ever going to fit

many of the labels discussed here offer designs that look best on the standard tall/skinny body type. long and lean. but rick can work for the muscular type.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Anton
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
          if you find out let me know.

j/k but i have to size up to get the shoulders to fit in virtually every label discussed on this website and then have the body tapered. and there are still a couple labels that are just not ever going to fit

many of the labels discussed here offer designs that look best on the standard tall/skinny body type. long and lean. but rick can work for the muscular type.
          Rick is the only one that fits normally, I'm 186cm and weigh about 88kg that's not that big.
          I wanted to try some other brands that I see online that have XL(like Ann for example) but when i get to the store they only have large the biggest.
          I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
          My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

ann would probably be ok. i haven't worn any for a while but i had no problems in the past.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

I'm looking for a fit pic of a hooded and long version of Rick's last year scarpa shearling biker jacket.

thanks!

Comment

• BrianK
                • Jan 2013

Can anybody recommend a leather tailor in NYC? Trying to tighten and shorten a couple leather jackets

Comment

• Iroquois
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                  Greetings Everybody,

Any recommendations for brands/specific items for people with a muscular build?

I find it hard to find clothing that fit(not to talk about denim), I wear size 31 denim size, but wear XL or XXL as i have wide shoulders. Unfortunately a lot of things look ridicules on me due to my shoulder to waist proportion.

Any recommendations for brands with really fitted cuts or anything of that sort? In need to a solution.

Thanks!
                  My perennial question, as our sizes are similar.

Unfortunately, stores don't usually carry a lot in our sizes. A piece or two and that's it. I do a lot of testing, and I return a lot of stuff, but when I find something that works for me I buy multiples.

For tailored clothing, try your actual size in Ann, Jil, MMM, and Lanvin. The cuts are slim and the only worry for our size is that proportions might be off on the cuffs, hems, and collars. You and I will never be able to buy a suit, it's separates all the way.

For casual clothing in slimmer cuts I've had luck with VtB, Rick, and Silent.

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

I am looking for something like this from within EU, not too pricey. Slight drop crotch, slim but not skinny trousers. Any ideas?

voidthebrand.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, voidthebrand.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• jap808
                      • Dec 2012

I have a pair of Rick's cropped pants (silk+cotton, above the ankle), but then I started to think they "cut" my legs and make'em look shorter (altought I'm mt.1.88 tall...), so...
                      ...I decided to shorten & tighten (on the calf) the pants.
                      The result is this: big dropped crotch with super tight calf.

Now, what do you think thai I should do?
                      - kill myself
                      - further shorten'em above the knee and make them a Rick's Pod shorts
                      - nothing, just wear'em like they are now (hey, it's not that bad!)
                      - others

Thanks for suggestions. Pic is poor, but I think you get the situation

Comment

• k3mist
                        • Apr 2013

urghh.

personally not a fan of tight legs with drop crotch.
                        accentuates the diaper look :p

Comment

• Landadel
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2014

Idk if shortening them would be helpful at all, regular pod shorts are not that tight around the knee. You could try selling them to someone who wears a size smaller than you.

Comment

• braver
                            • Sep 2013

^^
                            Make someone homeless happy, this will add +1 to your karma.
                            Dont keep or modify them.

Comment

• jap808
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
                              urghh.

personally not a fan of tight legs with drop crotch.
                              accentuates the diaper look :p
                              exactly... Lord forgive me, please

Comment

• RORORO
                                • May 2010

I have a white leather MA+ wallet that kinda looks bad due to indigo stains from my blue jeans. Is there somewhere in NY that could dye the whole wallet black?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎