Clear All
  • delicious_not
    • Dec 2012

poor pants

Comment

• VonApelSouce
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by RORORO View Post
      I have a white leather MA+ wallet that kinda looks bad due to indigo stains from my blue jeans. Is there somewhere in NY that could dye the whole wallet black?
      Kinda bad after indigo stains? I've always thought the obvious signs of wear on white wallets were kind of the point.

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by VonApelSouce View Post
        Kinda bad after indigo stains? I've always thought the obvious signs of wear on white wallets were kind of the point.
        Got a CDF leather wallet (light pink + gold print) bought from Guerrilla Store in 2006: after 8 years of use, now is getting cool
        I love signs of wear too...

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

What do you think would happen if sz closed classifieds for a week and people had to participate in discussions rather than use this as a goth walmart?

Comment

• skavant
            • Sep 2014

Do you guys think it will look good if I wear those types of BBS hoodies but only wear normal black jeans and sneakers like Geos. Instead of wearing the hoodie with j pants(P13 for example) and boots like normally people would wear BBS? I'm trying to find the way to pull off the hoodie cause I really like the zip up ninja one.

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

I have only seen a couple of guys wearing Geos in person and everyone was wearing DRKSHDW jeans, which are normal jeans in my opnion, so yes. The BBS P13 have a little curve, but nothing that makes them look extraordinarily different, which is why I sold all of my P13 already. I can imagine cheaper jeans like April77 with your Geos and your desired hoodie.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

I wear "normal" black jeans (Acne and N&F) with Geos all the time..

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
                  I wear "normal" black jeans (Acne and N&F) with Geos all the time..
                  Same here, though I wear Sidezips instead of Geos. One doesn’t always need the most radical pants to accompany ʎzɐɹɔ tops, in my opinion. In fact, I think it’s also a way to focus on certain parts of an outfit.

Comment

• skavant
                    • Sep 2014

Thank you guys for the advices.
                    I guess pulling off the BBS ninja hoodie with Geos and black jeans are totally fine then.

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

My advice: if you can't figure out how to wear something so simple as a hoodie you should rethink why you're buying Boris in the first place.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by skavant View Post
                        Thank you guys for the advices.
                        I guess pulling off the BBS ninja hoodie with Geos and black jeans are totally fine then.
                        I just got a ninja hoodie (they're fantastic) and I tried them with my simple acne black stay cash jeans, and they almost felt out of place? I felt like it didn't really match the aesthetic. I'm thinking that maybe they would look better with a more distressed pair of pants or something that match the hoodie's fabric a little better? I was thinking along the lines of the P11's maybe? But that's just what I'm thinking.

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

I don't like any item of bbs combined with geos..
                          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                            • Jan 2014

I think y'all are thinking about this pants thing too much. Sounds like some of you are looking for an outfit that screams "brand recognition" versus something being well styled. When I mentally catalog my existing wardrobe and if I can't sort out three different looks for a particular piece I'm interested in, whether it be shoes, a hat, jewelry, or a long tank top, I don't get it. Otherwise that one piece can quickly become 4-5 additional pieces I need to purchase to make something work.

I'll happily admit that not all black jeans are created equal, but goddamn most people outside of a specific niche aren't going to be able to differentiate between a $20 pair of black Levi's and a $2000 pair of hand stitched BBS pants if they both fit you properly.
                            "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                              I'll happily admit that not all black jeans are created equal, but goddamn most people outside of a specific niche aren't going to be able to differentiate between a $20 pair of black Levi's and a $2000 pair of hand stitched BBS pants if they both fit you properly.
                              It's not about price or how other people perceive it. A lot of the brands coveted on this website would never be perceived as "expensive garments" to the untrained eye. There are countless differences between BBS pants and Levi's and the fact someone would buy BBS for "brand recognition" is appalling.

As for the styling issue i will echo messenoire and say if you are asking these questions you probably shouldn't be buying the hoodie in the first place. The easiest way is to stay true to the designer's aesthetic vision.

Comment

• drizzly
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                                My advice: if you can't figure out how to wear something so simple as a hoodie you should rethink why you're buying Boris in the first place.
                                I agree for the most part. But sometimes a really cool item appears and you get it. And its hard to figure out what to wear it with but thats the fun part.

I rarely get something really out there but if the return policy is easy or i can go in person and see what i can do with the item then why not try it. I am of course speaking for items in general and not just BBS.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎