X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rei
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by petrichor View Post
    I saw in the Guidi thread that a few people commented on the back zips being uncomfortable at times as the zipper can rub your heel. Is this a general consensus or not that big of an issue? I was leaning toward the Guidi boots, but now thinking the Julius may be better as on the inside they have a piece of leather covering the zipper.
    It's not that the zipper rubs you, and it's covered anyway, but the thicker leather below the zipper at the heel can be a bit of a pain when the shoes are new. At least I was a bit doubtful about them being comfortable first. But with wear it'll soften up and shouldn't cause any more trouble later on.

Comment

• vegettoo
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
      Is Obscur leather thicker than other brands?
      I just got my first leather, it's from Obscur A/W 12, this jacket specifically:

And it is way thicker then I'd imagined it to be. I'm just wondering if that's the case with that jacket in particular, or Obscur as a brand for their leathers.
      its more depends on the leather type,for example cow and bison leather are always thicker than lamb,but its nothing bad to have a thick leather jacket,can hold the shape well through wearing it

Comment

• hausofblaq
        • Oct 2014

Ah alright, it is calf leather so that makes sense. I've never encountered such thick leather before so thanks for clarifying!

Comment

• Shadowvault
          • Oct 2014

I am trying to buy a jacket from http://www.guyiconsignment.com/
          Is this site legit?
          Thanks!

Comment

• kurta
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Shadowvault View Post
            I am trying to buy a jacket from http://www.guyiconsignment.com/
            Is this site legit?
            Thanks!
            Absolutely, have worked with them many times.

Comment

• Shadowvault
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by kurta View Post
              Absolutely, have worked with them many times.
              And something else.They sell both new and used.Correct?

Comment

• kurta
                • Jun 2014

And something else.They sell both new and used.Correct?
                Items may be in new (unworn) condition, and will be listed as such if so. But it is a consignment store, so the goods are all second-hand (i.e. what you are purchasing was initially purchased by someone else and placed on sale via Guyi, who take a percentage of the sale and pay the rest to the original seller). Relatedly, Guyi is affiliated with Anchoret, which is a boutique that sells new goods.

Comment

• Shadowvault
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by kurta View Post
                  Items may be in new (unworn) condition, and will be listed as such if so. But it is a consignment store, so the goods are all second-hand (i.e. what you are purchasing was initially purchased by someone else and placed on sale via Guyi, who take a percentage of the sale and pay the rest to the original seller). Relatedly, Guyi is affiliated with Anchoret, which is a boutique that sells new goods.
                  Oh,ok cool!Thank you very much

Comment

• kurta
                    • Jun 2014

Oh,ok cool!Thank you very much
                    Not a problem, happy hunting!

Comment

• neongud
                      • Mar 2013

Anybody good with RO product codes? Was wondering what leather the creepers I got off Gilt were (pics in the recent purchases thread) , and the season.

Product code is: RU 13F08002/

As far as I can tell the season is FW13, correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by vegettoo
                        they based in beijing,quite good
                        Please consider your input before posting, and if you have nothing meaningful to say, don't.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Trixer
                          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                          Is Obscur leather thicker than other brands?
                          I just got my first leather, it's from Obscur A/W 12, this jacket specifically:

And it is way thicker then I'd imagined it to be. I'm just wondering if that's the case with that jacket in particular, or Obscur as a brand for their leathers.
                          I have this jacket myself and I'm now entering the 3rd winter wearing it. The leather is very sturdy and stiff and hasn't changed much with wear over the years, the sleeves might have softened a little but it's keeping shape really well which I really appreciate. Obscur normally doesn't use this thick cowhide, they did a bag as well the same season (this one: https://orimono.eu/en/product/large-leather-vest-bag) but can't recall any other stuff really in this leather.

Comment

• Halibut
                            • Sep 2014

I'm looking for some derbies in dark brown, charcoal, or maybe black with a broken in look. I'm just getting into the aesthetic of this board and my budget is low right now, say four hundred on the high end.

I'm lusting after some Layer-0 or A1923, but I'd have to save up for a good while. Any recommendations for a more affordable option or would you recommend saving? I'm definitely open to buying used.
                            I've been looking at Mihara Yasuhiro's footwear, but I can't find much about the quality. Can anyone give input on the leather/build quality of Mihara stuff?

Comment

• hausofblaq
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Trixer View Post
                              I have this jacket myself and I'm now entering the 3rd winter wearing it. The leather is very sturdy and stiff and hasn't changed much with wear over the years, the sleeves might have softened a little but it's keeping shape really well which I really appreciate. Obscur normally doesn't use this thick cowhide, they did a bag as well the same season (this one: https://orimono.eu/en/product/large-leather-vest-bag) but can't recall any other stuff really in this leather.
                              Thanks for the input, the weight of the jacket was extremely surprising due to the thickness of the leather. Snow's starting to fall where I live, so this jacket seems perfect for blocking out the cold elements.

Comment

• delicious_not
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                                Anybody good with RO product codes? Was wondering what leather the creepers I got off Gilt were (pics in the recent purchases thread) , and the season.

Product code is: RU 13F08002/

As far as I can tell the season is FW13, correct me if I'm wrong.
                                Yeah, FW13. They started to put the season in the product code from that one - RU13F, then RU14S, RU14F. Very helpful, glad they're doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎