• Show
Clear All
  • vegettoo
    • Oct 2014

my experience is j shape doesnt help at all unless u have very long leg

Comment

• neongud
      • Mar 2013

In my experience, skin tight j-denim makes for some good stacks that stay stacked. I've also had good experiences with the old model DNA pants from zamb, which were more of a straight cut but kept the stacks pretty good.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by neongud View Post
        In my experience, skin tight j-denim makes for some good stacks that stay stacked. I've also had good experiences with the old model DNA pants from zamb, which were more of a straight cut but kept the stacks pretty good.
        Anything in particular that keeps it from simply falling onto and pooling around the ankles?

It's why I'm thinking of cutting the Devoa pants up... either by raising the bottom 4 inches up or by just chopping off 4 inches or so I'm hoping that there's less ankle pooling.

Comment

• vegettoo
          • Oct 2014

but by just chopping off 4 inches wont let the pant stay on ur calves when u walk it will drop again

Comment

• neongud
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
            Anything in particular that keeps it from simply falling onto and pooling around the ankles?
            It's all about the tightness imo.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

generally for J or C-shaped trousers, if the legs are cut so that they curve and you straighten that curve (in other words put them on your legs), it will generate creasing throughout the curved part. How much depends on how strong the curve is. It's the same thing as with a straight leg or sleeve - when you bend it, it will crease - but its the reverse effect.

Additionally, like neongud said, a slim fit can also make the fabric stack a bit more as the pants will cling on to your legs and not fall as easily.

In the case of your devoa pants, I imagine you could taper them from the knee down and it should help a bit. if the seams are all curved, take them to a good tailor and figure out where to take them in. I've tapered a pair of similar devoa pants to get rid of the loose bunching around the ankle and it worked fine.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                generally for J or C-shaped trousers, if the legs are cut so that they curve and you straighten that curve (in other words put them on your legs), it will generate creasing throughout the curved part. How much depends on how strong the curve is. It's the same thing as with a straight leg or sleeve - when you bend it, it will crease - but its the reverse effect.

Additionally, like neongud said, a slim fit can also make the fabric stack a bit more as the pants will cling on to your legs and not fall as easily.

In the case of your devoa pants, I imagine you could taper them from the knee down and it should help a bit. if the seams are all curved, take them to a good tailor and figure out where to take them in. I've tapered a pair of similar devoa pants to get rid of the loose bunching around the ankle and it worked fine.
                Originally posted by neongud View Post
                It's all about the tightness imo.
                Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
                but by just chopping off 4 inches wont let the pant stay on ur calves when u walk it will drop again
                Thanks, all. I'll send them to a tailor soon to tighten up the calves then without removing any length.

Lowrey, did you remove or keep the anatomical bootcut sorta thing going on?

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Lowrey, did you remove or keep the anatomical bootcut sorta thing going on?
                  this was several years ago, but I recall it might've required taking in a couple of seams. not that difficult, but of course a bit more work than regular straight seams.

it retained the shape but reduced the bootcut effect, they wrapped around the ankles more nicely imo.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    this was several years ago, but I recall it might've required taking in a couple of seams. not that difficult, but of course a bit more work than regular straight seams.

it retained the shape but reduced the bootcut effect, they wrapped around the ankles more nicely imo.
                    Thanks! Hopefully my tailor doesn't charge an arm for that.

Comment

• bologna12
                      • Nov 2014

East Dane?

Long time lurker, made an account to ask this.

I was recently given a giftcard to eastdane.com by a well-intentioned friend and am wondering if anyone can help me to find something worth buying with it. I do not want it to go to waste I guess.

Eastdane is not a store that caters to the sz crowd or my sz-like tastes hardly at all so I am having a hard time finding anything very appealing. Hopefully one of you will have better luck at taking a second look. They are having a large sale right now so it seems like the time to use it if I ever will.

Anything on sale that someone owns and loves?

Thanks guys.

Comment

• dunglan7
                        • Sep 2010

^ I would get some rick x adidas if your size is available.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

it sounds like you are asking someone to shop for you. why not just get something you like or have use for, not everything has to be internet approved.

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

lots of good brands there not sz style figure out what you need then browse by some brands...

Comment

• hausofblaq
                              • Oct 2014

Is there info on the measurements of J-cut pants/denim for each designer? I haven't been able to find specific measurements such as thigh, knee and leg opening, only inseam length.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Comment

• k3mist
                                • Apr 2013

i used to have a guidi q10 that bled on my stuff inside as there was no lining. wasn't ever sure if all their bags bleed but looking to get a m10, assuming theres no lining there either? and bleeding is very much possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎