X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vegettoo
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post
    What is the best size of a1923 lace up boots for a 10.5?
    43 or 44? I've read this lace up model fits true to size.

Size 43 fits, but the upturned toe hurts somewhat. I wonder if it's a matter of wearing it a while or sizing up. Unfortunately I don't have a pair in 44 to try on.

Many thanks for any advice.
    better to take the true size,btw the toebox is quite wide,and it will be flaten and break in after abt a month wearing,and have to say a pair of breaked in a1923 is really comfortable

Comment

• vegettoo
      • Oct 2014

im a rick 41 and wear size 6 in ccp,i think u can get a size 7,outsole measurement of sz6 drip is 29.5

Comment

• daou0782
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

thanks, lowrey. length is fine. it's the upturning of the toe what is currently painful. but as vegettoo says, once they break in this might stop being a problem.

i'm torn however because two people have already recommended sizing up to a 44 in this model. the problem is i have no access to a pair in such size.

thanks again for the advice.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

buy a $20 shoe stretcher (or pay the same to a cobbler) and make your life easier

I've used stretchers on a few pairs, including two A1923 boots and it helps notably. all it does is softens the front half a bit and makes the upper abovw the arch a bit roomier, which for someone with a wide foot and high arch makes a massive difference.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hausofblaq
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ilurkaround View Post
            yeah, you're probably better off sending out an email to a online store/consignment if you need measurements on a particular item they have. from experience julius has pretty slim pants/jeans and ann d. pants seem pretty slim.
            Alright, thanks for the suggestion, that seems like my best bet.

vegettoo, thanks for taking the time to measure your BBS pants, much appreciated.

Comment

• hausofblaq
              • Oct 2014

Sorry for all the questions, hope I'm not bothering people too much..

Can anyone shed some light on the true color of this jacket from Julius?

Jacket

The seller's pictures show it to be more grey than it is blue, however pictures like this make me think otherwise.

From the Julius S/S12 thread:

If anyone could provide a picture on what the color truly is in person, it would be highly appreciated, thanks.

Comment

• daou0782
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

hausofblaq, triggerdiscipline just got a blue/black jacket from julius. he can surely chime in on this matter as he has a lot of experience with the brand.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                  • Jan 2014

Has anyone logged onto LNCC recently? I guess all US customers no longer receive the 20% Vat Exclusion, but the prices remain the same?

Also noticed SEVEN has updated their site to a US page but the prices are much much higher than what they charge in Euro's (With VAT). For example a week ago the BBS Denim Jacket would have cost about $1200 but on the US site it's listed at $1700.

Comment

• vegettoo
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
                    Has anyone logged onto LNCC recently? I guess all US customers no longer receive the 20% Vat Exclusion, but the prices remain the same?

Also noticed SEVEN has updated their site to a US page but the prices are much much higher than what they charge in Euro's (With VAT). For example a week ago the BBS Denim Jacket would have cost about $1200 but on the US site it's listed at $1700.
                    im a eu customer,i think wat seven does is like wat farfetch does when we buy stuff from USA,it includes a very high import duty,for example a pair of a1923 boots which in US boutique,we need to pay over 2000GBP for it which is about 3000usd

Comment

• hausofblaq
                      • Oct 2014

What are the recommended ways to preserve the soles of my Geobaskets? Should I have the heels vibram'd or the entire sole? Also, is it best to do this while the soles are still new or wait till they're worn down?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

the rubber in recent season geos is much harder than before so u don't really need to do anything. but sure, if u want to protect them from wearing out EVER then get them fully vibrammed right away. not sure y u would want to do that tho.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          the rubber in recent season geos is much harder than before so u don't really need to do anything. but sure, if u want to protect them from wearing out EVER then get them fully vibrammed right away. not sure y u would want to do that tho.
                          I just want to preserve my Geos for as long as possible. Since the sole is quite thick, how much wear is significant enough to consider getting them Vibram'd?

For reference, here's a current shot of the state of my Geos.

Comment

• Monoral
                            • Mar 2014

Anybody here know what sort of wax Boris using to wax his waxed jeans?
                            Wax on my P13 started to fade and i am wondering if it's possible to buy something similar to reapply on the pant to get the shine back on.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• vegettoo
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                              Anybody here know what sort of wax Boris using to wax his waxed jeans?
                              Wax on my P13 started to fade and i am wondering if it's possible to buy something similar to reapply on the pant to get the shine back on.

Thank you in advance!
                              not sure for the latest shinny one,but for the older season i used"OTTER WAX" to rewax them,i also want to ask how can i have the effect of shiny wax like latest bbs and old dior?

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

Anyone own a pair of these knee high rick combats? Are they relatively tight to the calf or more of a loose fit? Any other sizing considerations or issues?

Thanks,
                                DxD

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎