X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Huxley View Post
    Are women's drkshdw jeans cut any different than men's? I know there's the twisty seam ones that wraps around the leg bootcut ones, but I'm referring to the ones which look like berlins/detroits.
    yes they are. the waist is more tapered. this was also last season. i dont like how the women's fit...
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mattjames View Post
      Quick question: does anyone know about fabric which contains a percentage of paper? (specifically Jil Sander) Is it as weak, as prone to soiling and as impossible to clean as it sounds?
      I suppose it also depends on the color, % of paper. I don't think I've actually heard of paper mixed in, but I have seen items made of Tyvek, and I have a Volga Volga coat, which is coated in origami paper, but I don't think it's mixed int with another fabric. Do you have an example?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mattjames
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I suppose it also depends on the color, % of paper. I don't think I've actually heard of paper mixed in, but I have seen items made of Tyvek, and I have a Volga Volga coat, which is coated in origami paper, but I don't think it's mixed int with another fabric. Do you have an example?
        As a matter of fact I do.

This should work: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=JI...14_25_4_1S_271

I like the cut and the color, and the price was good with 15% off, but I am worried that the 21% paper content will be too delicate, prone to discoloration, or just plain nasty. I've been kicking myself ever since I didn't buy the same jacket in wool during the 2007 summer sale.

I actually already bought the jacket before asking the question, so I guess I'll find out soon enough. I've always been pleased with Jil Sander items.

Comment

• gerry
          • Feb 2008

It's my first winter in nyc and I have no idea how salt affects leather. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Comment

• Originally posted by gerry View Post
            It's my first winter in nyc and I have no idea how salt affects leather. Is there anything I should be aware of?
            wear carpe, it looks better salt-treated.

god, i'm helpful.

Comment

• Piffen
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by gerry View Post
              I've only had problem with my footwear being affected, so this is what I do, and it's mostly precaution really.. So basicly what I do is I take extra care of them during winter. Use whatever protection and what else you usually use and just make sure to wipe them off with a damp rag when you've been out wading through the salt paved streets of New York and you should be fine. Or your shoes, jackets, shirts, leggings? Outfits? There's so much leather on here one never knows who wears what in what way!

Comment

• nycbunny
                • Dec 2008

can someone please tell me what a womens shoe size 36 euro coverts to for USA?

thank you

Comment

• TRILLABLAKE
                  • Sep 2008

I'm usually a EUR 43 UK 9 in shoes/ boots. Is CCP size 10 a normal size 10? I keep hearing how they are a bigger so unsure.

Thanks!

Comment

• sam_tem
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TRILLABLAKE View Post
                    I'm usually a EUR 43 UK 9 in shoes/ boots. Is CCP size 10 a normal size 10? I keep hearing how they are a bigger so unsure.

Thanks!
                    according to the posts in this thread they tend to fit 2 sizes larger, but someone who owns some would have to confirm that: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5267

Comment

• TRILLABLAKE
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                      according to the posts in this thread they tend to fit 2 sizes larger, but someone who owns some would have to confirm that: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5267
                      Hey Sam,

Yeah I thought they were bigger, but two sizes is a little too big, especially when I'm already sizing up +1 in the first place. Ah well. Cheers!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nycbunny View Post
                        can someone please tell me what a womens shoe size 36 euro coverts to for USA?

thank you
                        click me
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

I've always found this chart to be pretty good.

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Bubu
                            • May 2008

Guys how am I suppose to make payment for lazzariweb? I'm really confused as to how the ordering process works for them.

Edit: Thanks Casius!!!
                            Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Email them and you'll get what the price will be with shipping/customs added in and they'll give you a paypal address to pay to. (either that, or they'll send a payment request, I can't remember which one)
                              Hope this helps. I've ordered from them a few times and each time went without a hitch.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

true iv used them no problems and quick shipping nice people in the office also

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎