Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

Who here could help to either per- or dissuade me to buy a pair of shoe from Rombaut?

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      maybe something close to the pantone color pms 5315..?
      I think you're right. Hard to tell without the fabrics in front of you. Checking the pantone charts shows the difference. 1st pic (in cashmere) is closer to the pearl grey that has been discussed. 2nd (in wool blend?) definitely has more pinkish tones getting closer to pms 9023 oyster. Both are described as pearl grey.

Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

sshum88 yeah from the two pics u just posted u can see the buttons are the same color in both pieces (closer to the 'oyster' shade u posted), but the fabrics are different colors. so i think u can assume that the piece u are looking at is indeed a slightly more warm hue. it looks nice.

gregor i like the clean design of rombaut, the weird eco-materials and the philosophy behind the brand. i don't know which piece u are considering, but i say go for it.

Comment

• BrianK
          • Jan 2013

Does Rick owens release new versions of cargo trousers every spring season?

Comment

• neostrifeX
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
            Does Rick owens release new versions of cargo trousers every spring season?
            From what know, it's mostly different fabrics and colors but it's largely kept the same.

Anyone here order from Autograph Menswear? Ordered a BBS Hoodie, said "Payment Failed" on the order page even though PayPal said the transaction was completed.

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

Shucks I was gonna go for the "trapeze" or "object no2" boots.

i'd never doubt the quality, thank you, though

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

just be aware that some of the materials could be delicate, since he develops a lot of new ones and they contain none of the toxins used by, say, nike..

Comment

• nvsnli
                  • Mar 2013

Anyone have experience with Thom Krom sweatshirt sizing?
                  I am 187cm tall and wondering should i go with M or L.

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

Heel taps: cool to install yourself or worth taking to the cobbler?

Seems very simple, but maybe I'm overlooking something

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                      Heel taps: cool to install yourself or worth taking to the cobbler?

Seems very simple, but maybe I'm overlooking something
                      easy if you got the right tool

you need something to support the heel of the shoe when hammering the nails.............
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MrBushido
                        • Dec 2013

Japan customs duty

For those of you living in Japan. How much more do you have to pay when you buy clothes from EU/US? I know VAT is 8% atm, how much for customs?

Thanks

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Has anyone tried to replace the buttons on their BBS pants that are held together by a shoe lace? I have the buttons but the lace simply does not go through. I have tried leading with the needle, nothing. Does anyone know a trick? I have a feeling they use a shoe lace with the metal end and ones they are done they cut it off.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by MrBushido View Post
                            For those of you living in Japan. How much more do you have to pay when you buy clothes from EU/US? I know VAT is 8% atm, how much for customs?

Thanks
                            try the duty calculator
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

Faust, I moved some buttons around on a pair of SS12 P13's and used a thin Philip's head screw driver to prod them through. Maybe the buttons holes were bigger that year because I don't the recall it giving me too much trouble.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Has anyone tried to replace the buttons on their BBS pants that are held together by a shoe lace? I have the buttons but the lace simply does not go through. I have tried leading with the needle, nothing. Does anyone know a trick? I have a feeling they use a shoe lace with the metal end and ones they are done they cut it off.
                                Wrap some tape around the end of the string to replicate the end you'd have on shoelaces. I did that with some actual shoe laces that were difficult to get through eylets
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎