X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
    IBut, for the few you own, how do you find the durability?
    Durability is meh. I almost always shred some of the lining, but it's usually thin cotton. It depends how tight it fits you. Two of the three blazers I have required restitching the buttons so they didn't fall off. I recently popped a thread in a sleeve of my tweed one but it's tight fitting and I was layering pretty heavily. All in all I've been happy with them. There's no substitute, really.

Comment

• apathy!
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      there are ones that are proper sweatpant fabric, as in the same cotton as the sweatpants are (both light and heavy weight), and those are indeed 100% cotton and quite stretchy, as sweatpants usually are. here's an example.

then there is a stretchy cotton-elastane used in some pants and pods as well, but it doesn't really look or feel like sweatpant material. you can see pair of pants in that material here.

Both are stretchy and very comfortable imo.

Thanks very much. Ths is the info I was looking for.

I had no idea that 100% cotton could be stretchy. I'm still learning every day i suppose.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

most sweatshirt and pants are cotton, as are basic hoodies, t-shirts etc and they are usually stretchy. it depends entirey on the way the fabric has been made, cotton can be almost completely inflexible too if its densely woven (for example on coats, denim, some shirt fabrics...)
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• apathy!
          • Jan 2014

you're quite right. I should have been clearer.

I should actually be able to try on some different kinds of pods soon anyway.

thanks for the help :)))

Comment

• Lohikaarme
            • Jul 2013

I heard that Devoa metal parts are made by Iolom... notably for the metal belt pieces. Is this true?

Comment

• MrBushido
              • Dec 2013

Yes. but not sure if it's always the case though!

Many devoa pieces have brass made by iolom and devoa works on some of the leather pieces of iolom.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by MrBushido View Post
                Yes. but not sure if it's always the case though!

Many devoa pieces have brass made by iolom and devoa works on some of the leather pieces of iolom.
                Huh. Interesting. I thought Devon uses Guidi and some other tannery without name. You mean they cut the leather for Iolom or like the leathe pieces are basically all Devoa except in name?

Comment

• MrBushido
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                  Huh. Interesting. I thought Devon uses Guidi and some other tannery without name. You mean they cut the leather for Iolom or like the leathe pieces are basically all Devoa except in name?
                  Yes, Devoa uses Guidi and some other tannery.

No, the designs are iolom's!

I know he 'worked' on the leather that iolom used for some of their bags and wallets.

I have this iolom bag

I'm not sure what the process is called 'waxing?' but the leather was originally a very light type of red 'as you can see on the side of the straps' and Devoa darkened it. The leather itself in this case is from guidi, the design is iolom's and it's made by iolom.

Hope that makes sense...
                  Last edited by MrBushido; 01-17-2015, 09:09 PM. Reason: made by iolom

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

I shipped my CCP drips to CCP for a reparation as there was a construction flaw which made the entire leather rip for no reason, they wanted to repair and a few days ago received the shoes(they confirmed this) how long does it usually take if someone has experience with CCP reparations? thanks
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• vegettoo
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                      I shipped my CCP drips to CCP for a reparation as there was a construction flaw which made the entire leather rip for no reason, they wanted to repair and a few days ago received the shoes(they confirmed this) how long does it usually take if someone has experience with CCP reparations? thanks
                      havent had problems on ccp sneaker, but,me and my frd both had the zip drop off problem on the boots,i waited for a month,my frd waited for over 3 months,its vary,i think it just depend on how busy they are

Comment

• tyhsien
                        • Sep 2014

Hello,

Finally found a place to answer some of my doubts, has anyone tried pairing a Rick Owens cargo pants with a Guidi 988, getting that boots but not sure what bottom that goes well with it. Help please?

Much appreciated

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

Hi ! I'm looking for someone in Russia to proxy something. Help plz?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                            Hi ! I'm looking for someone in Russia to proxy something. Help plz?
                            Smuggling caviar again?!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

Worse, I need to import a Putin t-shirt, and the only places that ship internationally have fugly designs

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

is it just me or does this creeper have a slightly less bulbous toebox? is it a somewhat sleeker shape? with a thinner sole?

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎