X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximillionkrawford
    • Jan 2015

Drkshdw detroits sizing

How do drkshdw detroits fit in the waist? Iv heard that they run a size or two big. I normally wear a size 30 in most jeans and pants, would a 29 fit me proper?

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      is it just me or does this creeper have a slightly less bulbous toebox? is it a somewhat sleeker shape? with a thinner sole?
      yes on all 3 counts. not sure when they changed the design (either SS14 or FW14) but the sole now has a crepe layer between the leather sole and the rubber base.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

In other Rick changes, has anyone noticed that the Geobaskets have changed from the Raccagni zipper era beyond the zipper? The toe shape seems different, and there's not as much padding in the collar, which is disappointing. I didn't think this would be a shoe design that would actually vary much from season to season. Apologies in advance for yet another Rick sneaker question.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
          • Jan 2013

I think toe shape has stayed the same, but the heel is narrower now. I think you're right about the padding too. I figure the change in last might have made it more comfortable to wear, or minimize heel slippage?

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Think you're right, toe just seemed more curved I think because they're not worn in yet and maybe because I'm comparing black/white vs white/white so there's more contrast. But the loss of padding in the collar really is disappointing to me, that was my 2nd favorite thing about the shoe and something I actually preferred about it to the dunks. Oh well, thanks for verifying.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

This is probably my most inane question yet but... can anyone recommend what the best footwear would be to pair with rick pods? Thanks!

Comment

• rickandjulius
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                This is probably my most inane question yet but... can anyone recommend what the best footwear would be to pair with rick pods? Thanks!
                I mean.... Really? Haha basically every shoe he makes goes with pods. Save for maybe turbo wedges.

Edit: I guess I'll give my opinion for the best though. I really think the thigh high skin tight Ramones are crazy awesome with pods. Or anything for that matter. Beyond that I like tightly laced Geo's. Not really a fan of regular Ramones with pods.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                  • Oct 2014

I think any boot-like sneaker would work? Ann D hightops, RO geobaskets, ramones, island dunks, hell even a pair of Chuck Taylors would go well with them in my opinion.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                    • Sep 2014

Thanks for the genuine answers guys, very helpful. I should probably add that I would like a pair (pref. high tops) that would also work with wool bbs p11's, would CCP drips be my best bet? I can't really see pairing bbs pants with rick footwear (geos specifically).

Comment

• rickandjulius
                      • Feb 2014

Thanks for the genuine answers guys, very helpful. I should probably add that I would like a pair (pref. high tops) that would also work with wool bbs p11's, would CCP drips be my best bet? I can't really see pairing bbs pants with rick footwear (geos specifically).
                      Why not get Sambas? Those would have to be my favorite high tops of all time.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                        Why not get Sambas? Those would have to be my favorite high tops of all time.
                        I was just thinking of those actually, are they different from the Bambas?

I adore these...

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

I was just thinking of those actually, are they different from the Bambas?

I adore these...
                          Hahaha shit I'm an idiot. Yes I meant the Bambas.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                            • Oct 2014

Any recommendations on black denim that fits similar to the Ace or Max fit from Acne? SLP 15.5cm's are out of the question since I can't justify spending $500 on a pair of jeans.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• stagename
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                              Hahaha shit I'm an idiot. Yes I meant the Bambas.
                              You should have just gone with it. We could have invented a new pair of sneakers from BBS.

So many lost opportunities ...

Comment

• rickandjulius
                                • Feb 2014

hausofblaq try finding some used Rick Detroits. Good fit and usually pretty cheap second hand.

stagename As far as I know I just gave Adidas the idea for their next collaboration! I'll tell them I'll be waiting for a check.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎