X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
    Any recommendations on black denim that fits similar to the Ace or Max fit from Acne? SLP 15.5cm's are out of the question since I can't justify spending $500 on a pair of jeans.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
    Why not Acne if you like the fit? I still wear my Ace Cash all the time..

Comment

• hausofblaq
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
      hausofblaq try finding some used Rick Detroits. Good fit and usually pretty cheap second hand.
      Thanks for the suggestion, I took a quick look and most black Detroits seem to be more a grey-black / destroyed / faded type of color? I'm looking for pure black jeans, any idea if Detroits are available like that?

Originally posted by dji View Post
      Why not Acne if you like the fit? I still wear my Ace Cash all the time..
      Acne is one of my choices along with rag & bone, but I just wanted to see what else is on the market that offers a similar fit. Acne's denim isn't selvedge which is the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. But in the end, fit is king so if I can't find anything else, it'll be a pair of Acnes.

Comment

• unujnha
        • Sep 2008

any dc code for lagarconne.com?
        "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Acne is one of my choices along with rag & bone, but I just wanted to see what else is on the market that offers a similar fit. Acne's denim isn't selvedge which is the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. But in the end, fit is king so if I can't find anything else, it'll be a pair of Acnes.
          Non-selvedge actually one of the reasons I picked Acne over a lot of other brands for my plain jeans. Selvedge has come to be a gimmicky marketing and status thing, with the exception of that real heritage type stuff. It's really arbitrary and has nothing to do with quality anymore. I like the idea of showing that I'm well capable of putting together an outfit without needing to resort to selvedge to tell people 'no really, I know what I'm doing,' to value the end visual result over status details.

Now where the Acnes are made, that's another story. I do have an issue with that, but the max fit is just so perfect on my body and I haven't found a better alternative, so I guess I'm selfish and vain.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• k3mist
            • Apr 2013

Completely agree on the selvedge thing, does not mean nothing on quality. It fits great but I used to work in acne and was sorely disappointed on the material and manufacturing on the jeans

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

Naked and Famous SuperSkinnyGuy fits very similarly to Acne Ace, better quality denim too and made in Canada. I have 4 pairs in different colours/finishes.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                • Sep 2014

I may be an anomaly, but I actually prefer the Acne Thin Stay Cash jeans, the fit is better IMO as it is tight throughout, unlike the other Cash iterations. Quality is subpar at best sadly...

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

Any recommendations on black denim that fits similar to the Ace or Max fit from Acne? SLP 15.5cm's are out of the question since I can't justify spending $500 on a pair of jeans.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
                  The SLP's are worth it man. You can snag them for about 1/2 the price. Look around. Have a few pairs and love them!

Also try:

THVM
                  Robert Geller
                  Helmut Lang
                  APC
                  Originally posted by Shucks
                  it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                    • Oct 2014

I understand about selvedge =/= quality, it's just a personal preference on my part, I get some kind of "comfort" knowing its selvedge? Just looks cleaner compared to overlock stitching, although I'm not sure what the stitching is on Acne jeans.

dji, I was thinking the Stacked Guy fit is closer to the Ace fit, however N&F only offers indigo and waxed black which is a bit too shiny for what I'm looking for. That said, I've never tried on a pair of Super Skinny Guys, the measurements for the Stacked Guy just seem to be closer to a true skinny jean.

Comment

• ian+
                      • Dec 2011

I would not consider Acne at all, their pricing is wack given the quality. Unless you want to spend € 200 on jeans made in Albania. Having no experience with the rest of the brands mentioned, I propose April77. I still have a pair of basic black jeans from their first collection (around 2008) and they age nicely. Currently they have a 60% off discount.
                      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• YTheLastMan
                        • Apr 2014

Skinny vs. Slim Fit

Hey guys,

Thoughts on Skinny vs Slim Fit with 'chunkier' shoes.
                        Examples of shoes: Geobaskets, Rick combat boots, Rick boots in general.

Do you like the contrast of skinny legs with BIG shoes or do you prefer to go for a slim fit so there is less of a separation?

Comment

• stagename
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YTheLastMan View Post
                          Hey guys,

Thoughts on Skinny vs Slim Fit with 'chunkier' shoes.
                          When I do this I usually take the grotestque route. Like this.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                            The SLP's are worth it man. You can snag them for about 1/2 the price. Look around. Have a few pairs and love them!

Also try:

THVM
                            Robert Geller
                            Helmut Lang
                            APC
                            I only frequent the B/S/T threads on here and SuFu, as well as Rakuten. Any suggestions on where else to look for SLP jeans?

I checked out the other brands you listed, but sadly the leg opening is larger than what I'm looking for (6.25" or less).

To everyone else, thanks for your input, really appreciate the large amount of responses!

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                              I may be an anomaly, but I actually prefer the Acne Thin Stay Cash jeans, the fit is better IMO as it is tight throughout, unlike the other Cash iterations. Quality is subpar at best sadly...
                              how is the sizing on the Thins? I wear a 27 in Ace but the smallest size they produce for Thin is 28..

Comment

• rickandjulius
                                • Feb 2014

I only frequent the B/S/T threads on here and SuFu, as well as Rakuten. Any suggestions on where else to look for SLP jeans?

I checked out the other brands you listed, but sadly the leg opening is larger than what I'm looking for (6.25" or less).

To everyone else, thanks for your input, really appreciate the large amount of responses!
                                Grailed is in my opinion the best clothing marketplace site there is. Much better than feebay and easier to navigate than Rakuten.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎