X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
    You can tell given you have the product code handy. The format for this season for example is RU15SXXXX XXX, with 15S being the season, the next 4 being the item code, and the last 3 or sometimes 4 being the material. Of course you'd need to know what that code is referring to regarding the material, but I believe this season horse is LNE or LNEP for sneakers.
    Cheers man.
    Code reads something like this: Ru15s4890lpdp
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• neostrifeX
      • Jun 2013

Ah well in your case, that's calf leather for sure, with sort of a cracked/blistered texture.

Comment

• Trixer
        • Mar 2014

It stings when you end up paying a extra 30% fees but when you shop from the EU, the VAT (which is usually 19-25% in the EU) is deducted from the sales price and from large sites like Antonioli, you have free express overseas shipping. Not much to complaint about really.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
          • Dec 2012

I don't think there's a specific thread for this (didn't find one) but how you guys deal with cleaning / washing designers clothes at home ? i.e. how much liberties do you take from what's written on the cleaning instructions tag?

For financial reasons I tend to avoid too delicate / particular fabrics that exclusively need professional dry-cleaning and tend to prefer things like cotton that I can wash with my washing machine ... but there are some pieces that stipulate no washing machine and only hand washing.... like BBS pants or ZB DNA's even if they're 100% cotton...

Washing machines usually have a "delicate" program, should I take the risk? anyone with experience on this? any advice is much appreciated!

Comment

• naturalalmonds
            • Sep 2013

I follow the label as closely as I can and regardless of something being washing machine safe, I always hand wash and avoid the dryer.

As for dry-clean only fabrics, I do dislike them because of the potential for a dry cleaner to mess them up. I've had shirts come back smelling like terrible chemical baths, though I've yet to have anything expensive be ruined. I have no idea what to look for in a dry cleaner to make sure you're dealing with someone competent, anyone know anything about that?
            I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
              • Dec 2012

I mostly machine wash all of my stuff except 100% wool sweaters that get the dry-clean treatment and other particular fabrics such as silk and viscose ; including cotton tees that stipulate no machine washing due to some special treatment, and so far everything has gone well. Of course all is washed with cold water (30ºc) on delicate cycle, no use of dryer whatsoever, and clothes dried laid flat as much as possible to avoid deformation with time. Even wool-cotton blends are ok in the machine with this treatment (knowing that wool is pretty delicate and tends to shrink a lot if not washed properly).

My fear is for "object dyed" stuff, or waxed stuff (like BBS pants)... It kinda scares me to machine wash those cause the label says hand wash only (and I'm certainly not gonna do that 'cause hand washing is a pain in the ass!! ). in fact I would like to know if someone around here has tried the machine wash for a piece that says hand wash only and how did it go... even awful experiences could be helpful

EDit: BBS pants also have some specific details which I don't know how their gonna react to machine wash, like buttons, that seem to be made of leather...?)

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                I don't think there's a specific thread for this (didn't find one) but how you guys deal with cleaning / washing designers clothes at home ?

please continue this conversation in the cleaning thread:

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...eaning&page=17

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                  Well, yes, knits are mostly not machine washable. And you probably can't get away with machine washing waxed/coated stuff unless you don't mine losing some of the coating each time.

Hey, you've got it easy, I have a wool and leather jacket that says both "do not wash" and "do not dry clean" which is a somewhat confusing set of instructions. And the PH waxed stuff just says "do not wash" with no clue as to how one proceeds, with that option having been taken off the table...

your case seems way more complicated than mine!

btw, are BBS buttons really made of leather (and the tag on the back) ?

Comment

• yay
                    • Sep 2014

anyone know a good shop like re-porter but in eu?

Comment

• FiggRow
                      • Feb 2014

Not sure if I should post here or in guidi so please excuse me

Long shot but I'm looking for any id on these guidi, mostly color and leather. Is this color what they call black bronze?

Comment

• vegettoo
                        • Oct 2014

as theres no pics of the sole, ican say these are either 788 or 988,788 thicker sole and higher heels than 988 thats the only difference of these two model,and i can not define wat leather is that,colour is dark brown?

Comment

• j100000
                          • May 2014

If you're really keen on getting that exact pair, probably speak to a boutique/store that allows you to custom order guidi, I only know of PNP but surely there's more out there.

Comment

• FiggRow
                            • Feb 2014

Thank you both, will consider that j1.

Comment

• morsto
                              • Nov 2008

^ hide-m (Holger from this site runs it) also does custom guidi orders and I'm sure he could help you.
                              I do not recognise the vessel,
                              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• FiggRow
                                • Feb 2014

Oh okay didn't know that thanks. Actually managed to ask the person directly. Apparently there are (were?) black 789z in horse, didn't know they changed color so drastically. So question answered.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎