Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minhcu2805
    • Mar 2013

first time selling through paypal, after I send a money request I received a confirmation email that the money has been sent, but the confirmation email wasnt from paypal address but from recievedpayments@gmail.com and named as Pay pal contact, its said that the money will show up once I have the tracking numbers to send to the buyer, I checked my Paypal account then it said the money request I made is stil pending is this normal or am I being scammed?

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
      first time selling through paypal, after I send a money request I received a confirmation email that the money has been sent, but the confirmation email wasnt from paypal address but from recievedpayments@gmail.com and named as Pay pal contact, its said that the money will show up once I have the tracking numbers to send to the buyer, I checked my Paypal account then it said the money request I made is stil pending is this normal or am I being scammed?
      That's a classic scam.

Comment

• nvsnli
        • Mar 2013

It says gmail, what you think? Global super company uses free email that other companies has access to?

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
          I have not yet received a fake item from rakuten. Kind is one of my favorite stores to buy from, then again it's all what you make it. If you search hard you can find bargains, but generally not for larger folks (50 and above is rare).

The letter they assign the clothing is meaningless unless it is unused. Their descriptions of issues with garments are mostly useless, but normally they have pictures any visible damage. This can range from slight diet to huge tears - and is normally reflected in the price. You can get great deals on some items and other ones might be a bit overpriced, but it all depends on what you think the item is worth.

How they mark it depends on what you are buying.
          Thanks for the clarification, I'll rely on their photos of the damage to judge for myself then.
          The item I'm looking at is roughly $550 USD (depending on the exchange rate fluctuating), would they mark it as such?

Thanks for the help once again.

Comment

• rickandjulius
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
            Thanks for the clarification, I'll rely on their photos of the damage to judge for myself then.
            The item I'm looking at is roughly $550 USD (depending on the exchange rate fluctuating), would they mark it as such?

I ordered something from Kind-U or anchor-mind or one of those shops on rakuten and it had roughly that price tag. I don't remember what they marked it as but I didn't get hit with customs at all.

Comment

• guardimp
              • Jun 2010

They would probably list it at the price in japanese yen. No real way to tell, but I have never been hit with customs from them.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                I ordered something from Kind-U or anchor-mind or one of those shops on rakuten and it had roughly that price tag. I don't remember what they marked it as but I didn't get hit with customs at all.
                Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                They would probably list it at the price in japanese yen. No real way to tell, but I have never been hit with customs from them.
                Alright, thanks for the replies guys!
                Did a bit more researching and it turns out most stores on Rakuten are willing to mark it as a gift and a lower value if you request it since they obviously want the business and are willing to make that sacrifice.

Comment

• josecc
                  • Feb 2012

... make that sacrifice.
                  It is not a sacrifice, it is just illegal. And better ask them, because some stores are not willing to do that. Besides, check well because I have read stories about Canadian customs, I think they are as strict as the customs here (UK), where definitely if the value is above a specific amount you have to pay customs.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by josecc View Post
                    It is not a sacrifice, it is just illegal. And better ask them, because some stores are not willing to do that. Besides, check well because I have read stories about Canadian customs, I think they are as strict as the customs here (UK), where definitely if the value is above a specific amount you have to pay customs.
                    Sorry, I should have phrased that better. I meant to say that the store is often willing to take that risk. You're correct about customs being fairly strict, the rule is anything over $60 CAD is eligible for duties and in practice, almost everything over $100 CAD is charged for duties.
                    For sure I'll make sure that's alright with them, I believe on Rakuten, you communicate with the store directly once you've purchased the item to confirm shipping costs and extra requests before they send it out.

Comment

• neongud
                      • Mar 2013

What's the article he's wearing over the pants?

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                        It's the part of the pants, if I remember it correctly, it's RO skirted pants from Crust.

Comment

• neongud
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                          It's the part of the pants, if I remember it correctly, it's RO skirted pants from Crust.
                          Aha, ok. Thanks.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

How would you wash RO cargo pants? The cotton/nylon version.
                            And what about a virgin wool pullover that says "Do not wash" on the instructions?
                            Sorry for the newbie questions, I just donĀ“t want to ruin my stuff by washing it the wrong way.
                            Last edited by Nickefuge; 02-08-2015, 10:15 AM.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                              • Jan 2013

I think hand wash all of the above is fine. Just put some woolite dark in neutral/lukewarm water, add garment, soak for 30min, drain and rinse until you're convinced detergent is gone, lay on towel and roll up to squeeze out water, then leave to dry.

or be lazy and just dry clean everything once in a blue moon, and not care the rest of the time.

Comment

• Quiet
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                                winged skirt with zipped pockets. those are the full lengths and there's also shorts. they came in a few diff materials. this is the rick i loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎