Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vegettoo
    • Oct 2014

anyone can tell me wat deliver company do u guys usually use that ship from the usa to the uk?
    my item usually keept by custom when ppl shipped through usps,any better recommendation?

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

You're only going to want to use USPS to be honest. FedEx and ups are so expensive and it might not be the same for the UK but I know they charge brokerage fees.

Edit: I realized you're asking about sellers shipping to you. Yeah I don't think you'll find any regular, individual people who are willing to use anything other than usps. It's the cheapest by far.

Comment

• vegettoo
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
        You're only going to want to use USPS to be honest. FedEx and ups are so expensive and it might not be the same for the UK but I know they charge brokerage fees.

Edit: I realized you're asking about sellers shipping to you. Yeah I don't think you'll find any regular, individual people who are willing to use anything other than usps. It's the cheapest by far.
        yea, but i also have a choice to pay for better shipping,as almost every time i have to pay the custom charge for the item from america

Comment

• BrianK
          • Jan 2013

Is the Rick Stag 08 GEO jacket in Calf thicker than the lamb version in later versions?

Comment

• rickandjulius
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
            yea, but i also have a choice to pay for better shipping,as almost every time i have to pay the custom charge for the item from america
            Ok but like I said you'll be paying about $100ish and brokerage fees for UPS & FedEx. Are they not marking the value low?

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

3. again better ask the seller for mesurement, retailers like darklands usually will inform for the unusual size
              One is on sale here in horse size 50, Bison one is on sale by a russian bloke on sufu and kangaroo is on Darklands. I've been emailing darklands for a bit, gave Campbell my measurement and he said that im nothing less than a 52. Which i am a little bit dubious about since i've always own leathers in true 50 and they fit just fine but a little bit tight around the shoulders(in account of me having broad shoulders, waist and sleeves are just fine). Also it's the last piece on there and he might wanna boot it out the door, so there's a reason to be cautious.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

no matter what you ship with, you'd need to have the value marked low in order to have a chance of avoiding customs fees. I'm not familiar with UK customs specifically, but I'm sure you can find out (or someone local knows) what their "threshold" is for charging duties.

and as rickandjulius said, asking a private individual to use something else than USPS might be far fetched. Not only is it a bit more difficult, but the shipping prices are very high unless you have an account and ship in large volumes, thats why its reasonably priced for stores/businesses.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                  One is on sale here in horse size 50, Bison one is on sale by a russian bloke on sufu and kangaroo is on Darklands. I've been emailing darklands for a bit, gave Campbell my measurement and he said that im nothing less than a 52. Which i am a little bit dubious about since i've always own leathers in true 50 and they fit just fine but a little bit tight around the shoulders(in account of me having broad shoulders, waist and sleeves are just fine). Also it's the last piece on there and he might wanna boot it out the door, so there's a reason to be cautious.
                  if you have a wide back, big shoulders or arms, you will most likely have trouble fitting your true size. It varies a bit by cut though.

Everything is relative of course and people are shaped differently so its very difficult to say (hence why I'm not into DL's guesstimation game), especially with clothing that is cut so "strictly" as CCP.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    if you have a wide back, big shoulders or arms, you will most likely have trouble fitting your true size. It varies a bit by cut though.

Everything is relative of course and people are shaped differently so its very difficult to say (hence why I'm not into DL's guesstimation game), especially with clothing that is cut so "strictly" as CCP.
                    Guess i'll just go with Darklands. I don't mind over sizing much since i can always wear something under. I am living in a cold climate after all.

But then again i'll have to think a bit more about sizing. Thanks for the help all.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                      • Mar 2014

I think this is the right thread to post this in?

Copy/pasting from the thread I posted

"A large amount of money left my bank account to LN-CC today. I haven't made any purchases with them recently, this is clearly an error, who can I contact to undo this beyond the info@ln-cc?

It's run my bank account pretty far into the negative and I'm getting charges because of it."

My thread got deleted and Faust told me to "use existing thread" but didn't specify which, I'm not sure if this is the right one.

Also lowrey told me call the number "on their fucking website", which I did but I only noticed the money had left my account this evening and they were shut.

I made a purchase with a debit/bank card back in December and that was the last time I logged into LN-CC I believe.

Oh and @ Darkbydesign, I had no food in the house because of family emergencies and I'd been away, I was trying to do my food shopping and discovered I couldn't buy anything. I've had low bank balance because a few shitty things came up at once including getting robbed so funds are quite low right now, of course I wouldn't consider buying anything from LN-CC when I have no money.

LN-CC seem to have stored my card details (including my CVV!?!) and put a charge through to it. I'm told this breaks PCI compliance so we'll see what they have to say about it.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                        • Mar 2014

Afterthought: I was pretty certain this was true before but LN-CC's number seems to be disconnected, tried after calling to try leave a message and am told the number doesn't exist (yes I checked/tried multiple times to see if it was right).

I saw a post on their facebook page from a customer saying the same thing and they confirmed it / asked them to email them.

God damn it.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

LN-CC has been nothing but excellent with their customer service to me. I'm sure things will be solved with them, don't worry.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

if you didn't yet, call your bank (or the card issuer's hotline or whatever) and see if they can help, they might be abel to do a chargeback on your debit card.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                              • Mar 2014

I kinda want to leave that for a last resort, I'd have to get a new card which takes minimum 10 working days with my bank, 2 weeks without a card is pretty hard.

Comment

• scanner
                                • Mar 2015

I had a pending PayPal transaction with LNCC that took a few months to clear. Im guessing it has something to do with London and the Italian warehouse trying to catch up to one another. A lot of times my orders will arrive way before the pending charge even clears. Everyone at LNCC is fantastic to work with though and will resolve it for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎