Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Would 80% polyester, 20% wool be a good fabric choice for summer pants?

Edit: Fixed
    Last edited by Nickefuge; 04-12-2015, 09:20 AM. Reason: Wrong material
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• k3mist
      • Apr 2013

the heck is boiled nylon.

anything nylon can't be nice for summer.
      not breathable and holds head.

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

Oh, I´m sorry, the pants in question is 80% polyester, 20% wool.
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Maybe it's just me, but that seems like an obvious answer. It depends on the weight / thickness of them and anything with above 5% wool is going to be warmer than cotton blends without it. Also depends on where you live, etc. Summer in Phoenix is a bit different than summer in San Fran.
          Last edited by Peasant; 04-12-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• hausofblaq
            • Oct 2014

Are both versions of Rick's side zip boot (the one with the tab at the top) vs. the one without still known as 'creeper' boots? Is there any other difference between them besides that? Pictures for reference.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

i believe they are still called stivale creepers and are essentially the same but the new versions are goodyear welted and the older ones had a glued/cemented sole. the newer ones have a less bulbous toe as well. i like them much better.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

ok. so i was looking for a basic slim black jean so i bought a pair of acne max cash and i sized down assuming they would stretch to fit. the waist is tight but bearable but lordy mercy the thighs and crotchular region are super tight. will they stretch out much in that area? i wonder because it appears to be dry denim, which stretches, but it is 2% elastane, so that may help them keep they're shape....

acne max cash owners what can i expect?
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

^ fwiw my ace cash's stretched a little, still snug but not uncomfortable. they do fade really quickly though - if you have the option to exchange them go for the 'stay cash' wash instead.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

My Carpe 7-holes are tough as hell to get on (they fit when they're finally on though). Do you guys just lace the first four eyelets or is there some sort of trick to this?

Comment

• nicelynice
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                      My Carpe 7-holes are tough as hell to get on (they fit when they're finally on though). Do you guys just lace the first four eyelets or is there some sort of trick to this?
                      I just lace the first four eyelets and wrap the laces, yeah. Can't be bothered with causing a scene every time I take them on and off. Are they fairly new? They'll definitely loosen up a bit with wear which will make putting them on and taking them off a lot easier.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                        I just lace the first four eyelets and wrap the laces, yeah. Can't be bothered with causing a scene every time I take them on and off. Are they fairly new? They'll definitely loosen up a bit with wear which will make putting them on and taking them off a lot easier.
                        They're preworn, but they might've tightened up since I recently got them dyed.

I have a pair of standard leather laces in the mail; I'm hoping lacing them differently will do me good. I really dislike the lacing method with the circle lace anyhow... not sure what I'll do with them though.

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

Even without laces I have found the Carpe Diems' instep to be very narrow. Maybe use a shoehorn?
                          Grailed link

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                            Even without laces I have found the Carpe Diems' instep to be very narrow. Maybe use a shoehorn?
                            Possible. And yeah, that instep is crazy low. I feel it pressing a bit on my feet. Anything to do but endure for awhile? They're preworn so I'm not sure if the leather will stretch at all, or if there's much to do to alleviate the pressure. They also make putting on the boots an absolute pain to put on (mostly figurative).

Comment

• stagename
                              • Oct 2011

Any cobbler can "heighten" insteps, it's super cheap too. Carpe's shoes have a very, very, very low instep indeed.

Comment

• guardimp
                                • Jun 2010

I have purchased some used Yohji clothing from Japan, and customs is trying to hit me with a huge bill claiming it is new. It is not new, but rather over 10 years old and used. It's quite odd as this is the first time I have gotten hit with customs and now it is over 1/4 of the value of the items. What can I do to dispute this finding?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎