X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikko
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by sunny View Post
    Bought a new ccp vest bag but found a scratch....is it normal for the leather?
    Read the attached booklet.

Comment

• bc3
      • Jun 2008

where is the +1 button?
      Originally posted by Maldoror
      payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• blackfedora
        • Jan 2012

Wow, just wow.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
          • May 2014

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

Bought a new ccp vest bag but found a scratch....is it normal for the leather?
            Depends the level. If it is too deep that almost split the leather I will return it. Maybe post a picture here.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• sunny
              • Dec 2012

Thanks Magic

Comment

• guardimp
                • Jun 2010

Do you have anything to use as reference for size?

Comment

• sunny
                  • Dec 2012

Thanks...... Some irregularities are very common for the leather but this scratch is very obvious

Comment

• blackfedora
                    • Jan 2012

https://instagram.com/p/2aNXPkliFN/

Thanks...... Some irregularities are very common for the leather but this scratch is very obvious
                    Add a little black leather conditioner and buff it out a bit. It looks like a semi-undyed portion that has some iron oxide transfer (from the chest clasps) acquired during the dyeing process. Vest bags are typically the most "damaged" of the object dyed leather CCP items because of this.

I'm gonna try and say this in the nicest way, but when I read "scratch" earlier I though it must be over 6 inches and be deep like a knife cut to warrant any real complaint....as noted above, consider that the vest bag is object dyed in a liquid medium (softens the leather) and is smashed against the large (and none too polished) clasps of the chest for a good duration of time. The leather is not going to come out looking like polished shell cordovan. The whole dorsal area of my vest bag is covered with large (4-7") marks that make it look like the scratching post of an angry cat with semi-dull claws....I don't consider this a flaw...just a product of the manufacturing process.
                    Last edited by blackfedora; 05-08-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

i have to agree with blackfedora in this case. i'd say scratches and cuts are actual product flaws, but a small imperfection like that is hardly a major issue for the product. disappointing, perhaps, but also a facet of the bag more than a huge flaw in it, i'd say.

Comment

• sunny
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                        Add a little black leather conditioner and buff it out a bit. It looks like a semi-undyed portion that has some iron oxide transfer (from the chest clasps) acquired during the dyeing process. Vest bags are typically the most "damaged" of the object dyed leather CCP items because of this.

I'm gonna try and say this in the nicest way, but when I read "scratch" earlier I though it must be over 6 inches and be deep like a knife cut to warrant any real complaint....as noted above, consider that the vest bag is object dyed in a liquid medium (softens the leather) and is smashed against the large (and none too polished) clasps of the chest for a good duration of time. The leather is not going to come out looking like polished shell cordovan. The whole dorsal area of my vest bag is covered with large (4-7") marks that make it look like the scratching post of an angry cat with semi-dull claws....I don't consider this a flaw...just a product of the manufacturing process.
                        thanks for detailed explanation

Comment

• magic
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post

Not really.. As I know, they dye by colour batch and not by item.
                          Focusing on object details

Comment

• morsto
                            • Nov 2008

can someone who owns/owned the l'maltieri lab coat tell me how warm it is? Usable in the summer or not?
                            I do not recognise the vessel,
                            but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• morsto
                              • Nov 2008

I've never seen it in anything other than double layer cotton, so that's the version the question is referring to.
                              I do not recognise the vessel,
                              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Dissociation
                                • Feb 2015

Are the lens on Kuboraum's sunglasses/sun masks replaceable with prescribed UV lens or prescribed optical lens? I want to purchase a pair of Kuboraum/Julius sunglasses but am unsure if I can have them replace my optical glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎