X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugAndWug
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by supercilious View Post
    This is probably the wrong thread, but I was hard pressed to find the right one...I want to dye a pair of indigo (raw) jeans black. But like...super black... Any suggestions for dye/process? I've had friends say rit, dylon, even India ink, but I am really not sure how to get a dark, durable color.
    check the material first and then check the dye. you're probably going to have to dye it multiple times to get the color perfect.

Comment

• Anton
      • Oct 2014

Greetings all,

Anybody every bought Chronicles of Never? I like their shoes, and some of the pieces are also ok. Any opinions on quality, service?
      I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
      My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by supercilious View Post
        This is probably the wrong thread, but I was hard pressed to find the right one...I want to dye a pair of indigo (raw) jeans black. But like...super black... Any suggestions for dye/process? I've had friends say rit, dylon, even India ink, but I am really not sure how to get a dark, durable color.
        i would also use a 'dye remover' first to clean out the indigo dye from the fibers as much as possible.

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

In serious need of some new black jeans. Interested in these BBS P13. Anybody with experience in sizing for these? XFT stands for Xtra tight fit, so a bit worried ending up with a legging. I usually wear a W29 in jeans or 46/Small etc. Should I go for a size S or M?

Also, do these have a shine on them in real life? From images it looks rather shiny/waxed.
          Grailed link

Comment

• dduyyy
            • Jul 2014

Looking for a new pair of black jeans too. Im also interested in BBS but dont know anything about their fit. I want a pair that not too skinny, just tapered maybe, due to my soccer legs, and no shiny/waxed. Beside bbs, any other suggestions? I've tried thvm but they seems to be too skinny for me.

Comment

• imblurredout
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
              Looking for a new pair of black jeans too. Im also interested in BBS but dont know anything about their fit. I want a pair that not too skinny, just tapered maybe, due to my soccer legs, and no shiny/waxed. Beside bbs, any other suggestions? I've tried thvm but they seems to be too skinny for me.
              I'm guessing I'll get criticism for this, but I think Acne Studios make the best jeans out there.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                • May 2014

i'm just going to say the only thing you are paying for at acne is branding if you are buying black jeans. I have acne ace cash and my uniqlo jeans fit better, have a better taper, are more comfortable, have no waxed finish(preference) and are overall the best thing i have found for skinny black basic jeans(no unnecessary stitching, no shine, no stacks).

BBS doesn't even compare to acne.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                  • Sep 2014

Had a pair of Acne Thin Stay's... Fit was decent but the quality was near abhorrent. Definitely no comparison to the P13's/P11 I have had in the past/now. I would skip on Acne for sure (almost fast fashion these days).

If you're looking at BBS, P13's seem to fit the bill if you get the right pair. SS15 has a lot of tight stuff but I just sold a regular fit pair which was not too tight, curved legs have a great effect as well. Fabric is amazing. Of course there are an array of treatments available, including none at all.

Comment

• Zenith
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                    Greetings all,

Anybody every bought Chronicles of Never? I like their shoes, and some of the pieces are also ok. Any opinions on quality, service?
                    Really depends on the piece. Generally from my experience decent quality. Shoes can be a bit frail though. My opinions are a few years dated though. You don't really see many stockists nowdays for CoN. I have a few ultra thin tees from them bought 6 years ago and they still look immaculate, as well as some leathers.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                      i'm just going to say the only thing you are paying for at acne is branding if you are buying black jeans. I have acne ace cash and my uniqlo jeans fit better, have a better taper, are more comfortable, have no waxed finish(preference) and are overall the best thing i have found for skinny black basic jeans(no unnecessary stitching, no shine, no stacks).
                      Which uniqlo? I keep hearing people talk about them but there's so many cuts, and I haven't been impressed when I handled a few in person.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                        • May 2014

skinny fit tapered. it's not going to be amazing fabric ,as i mentioned, but it gets the job done in terms of comfort, fit and absence of detailing.

Comment

• imblurredout
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                          skinny fit tapered. it's not going to be amazing fabric ,as i mentioned, but it gets the job done in terms of comfort, fit and absence of detailing.
                          sounds like the description for a pair of GAP jeans... I don't think there's much branding with ACNE at all. The stay black jeans are great because they're the one pair of black jeans that really don't fade. If that appeals to you, then go ACNE.

Comment

• jskidder1
                            • Jan 2011

the best standard/basic black jean i've ever had are these:

Japanese and American selvedge denim store in NYC. In 2006, we began selling Japanese denim from our storefront at 8 Greene St. Today, thanks to the support of our loyal customers, we’re extremely proud to have grown the business into an internationally touted premier resource for Japanese and American denim.

smooth denim, will not fade and fits great when sized properly. the only detailing is the leaf on the rear pocket, which the folks at the store will gladly remove for you. also available in a less tapered cut or in a more textured weave.

and best of all, you're not supporting a brand that manufactures most of its products in china.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                              the best standard/basic black jean i've ever had are these:

Japanese and American selvedge denim store in NYC. In 2006, we began selling Japanese denim from our storefront at 8 Greene St. Today, thanks to the support of our loyal customers, we’re extremely proud to have grown the business into an internationally touted premier resource for Japanese and American denim.

smooth denim, will not fade and fits great when sized properly. the only detailing is the leaf on the rear pocket, which the folks at the store will gladly remove for you. also available in a less tapered cut or in a more textured weave.

and best of all, you're not supporting a brand that manufactures most of its products in china.
                              It's a bit presumptuous to believe that any brand that hires Chinese factories is automatically bad/unethical.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

I personally want to keep as much of my money in Europe as possible. We're in deep enough trouble as it is
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎