• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    hmmm might try and sleep with the young pretty french girl instead
    Surely she is worth more than a damn coat!!!!!!!
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Test
      • Dec 2008

^I think you've forgotten where you are, sir.

Comment

• Speak
        • Nov 2007

I need help/insight. Started at a new salon, dress code is black shirt and either jeans or black trousers. I'm finding it hard to mix black shirt/jeans without looking extremely boring. Also, I cannot really wear long sleeves because it gets quite hot when I'm using the blow dryer. I've been thinking of just doing a long tank like julius or ro under a simple black uneck or something. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Your strategy sounds good, Speak. The key to black top/black bottom is finding the right textures to mix. Otherwise you end up looking like a waiter or a hairdresser at a downtown salon. Oh, wait...

Another key to such a deceptively simple look is footwear, of course. Good boots can make or break your outfit. Given your profession, you will want the boots to be comfortable, too.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Speak
            • Nov 2007

Thanks for the reply Faust! Yes, I need to start investing in better footwear. Any idea for black top/jeans? I'm not such a big jeans guy because I feel they look really casual with just a shirt, so I don't know how to pull it off...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

shirt as in button up or t-shirt? or just any black top?

edit: since you mentioned the u-neck, I assume a t-shirt is fine.

I think black tops look the best with dark grey jeans/pants. a black long fitting t-shirt, tank top, dark grey jeans and some boots should look pretty baller.
              Last edited by lowrey; 01-11-2009, 02:45 PM.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Speak, concur with others. If you can get away with dark gray jeans, definitely throw them into the mix. If you can ball, a pair of NN (like the black ones from this, and virtually every season) is a good bet. If you are on the budget get Uniqlo "skinny" (they are not, just fitted) jeans for $50. I think jet black jeans have the right texture to mix with a dress shirt and NOT look like a douchebag. Waxed jeans are cool too, but I personally find them a bit uncomfortable and heavy.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

perhaps you meant "not look like a douchebag"?
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                    perhaps you meant "not look like a douchebag"?
                    hahahahaha. oopsy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

sorry to side track this convo but does anyone have any other recommendations for slim/skinny jeans in dark grey/charcoal? I have a pair of the Uniqlo T-000's, however I want something a bit darker and I don't really want to fork out for grey N(N) jeans.

Comment

• tangerine
                        • Dec 2006

Not sure if Skull is still making the 5010 in grey, but those are a nice dark grey color. There are also some RAF dark grey jeans around, but I think they are pretty close in price to the n(n).

Of course there is also Cheap Monday but I don't know if those are any darker than the Uniqlos.
                        the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

I tried grey black tight cheap monday jeans but didn't really like the fit, I think the rise may have been too high. skull jeans aren't really all that slim, more of a modern straight leg than anything. I'll probably just keep an eye on Y! for charcoal N(N) skinny darted jeans unless I can find something cheap, only problem is size 1 for that model seems to be somewhat rare even in Japan.

Comment

• Speak
                            • Nov 2007

Thanks guys,

Any recommendations on dark grey jeans? I do have a couple pairs of the N(N) jeans, but they're in blue/grey. I'm not really on too much of a budget as far as denim is concerned, because I feel like you can make good use of them.

Also, another little side question. Are uneck/scoop necks kind of going out? I like them because they look good when layering under them, but I feel like I've been seeing a lot more fitted necks these days.

Comment

• Speak
                              • Nov 2007

That being said, this brings me to another small question. What other options for long asymmetric tanks are there? I know of julius and RO but that's about all..

Comment

• Oct 2008

for me, scoop or wide neck tees are both a comfort and aesthetic choice. a think a classic scoop neck (neither too wide or narrow) have been and will be "in" for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎